Welcome Aboard Showl

Yes embarkation night for sure and the time is 9:30. They make it late enough so that no matter when you eat supper you can make it. Of course, if you're like me it's just late enough you'll be in bed because of the early drive/flight that morning to get to the ship!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Of course, if you're like me it's just late enough you'll be in bed because of the early drive/flight that morning to get to the ship!

That's why you have to sneak in that pre-sail 😜away nap!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Frank12 said:

That's why you have to sneak in that pre-sail 😜away nap!

I have never been a napper - I have to be absolutely exhausted to take a nap. I wish I could.

• Like 5

It gives you a preview of what to expect during the cruise. However, we have found it to be lightly attended and a show we do not miss attending. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, royal3 said:

It gives you a preview of what to expect during the cruise. However, we have found it to be lightly attended and a show we do not miss attending. 

I attended a couple pre pandemic and they seemed to be well attended to me. Of course, things could have changed since then.

Also pre pandemic, they looped this show on the CD channel on the in cabin TVs. Again, I don't know if they still do this, but it might be worth a look for those who miss it live.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mz-s said:

I have never been a napper - I have to be absolutely exhausted to take a nap. I wish I could.

I never used to be...but it comes easier with age!🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, royal3 said:

It's really for those on their first handful of cruises.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

It's really for those on their first handful of cruises.

I'm on my 12th cruise.  The thought of it never really appealed to me.  My DS is on his 3rd and wanted to check it out.  I heard they give away a lot of stuff, so we'll go.

3 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I'm on my 12th cruise.  The thought of it never really appealed to me.  My DS is on his 3rd and wanted to check it out.  I heard they give away a lot of stuff, so we'll go.

The fun ashore talk is the one with the best giveaways I think. I haven't been to the welcome aboard show in so many cruises I don't remember the giveaways.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mz-s said:

The fun ashore talk is the one with the best giveaways I think. I haven't been to the welcome aboard show in so many cruises I don't remember the giveaways.

I went to the Fun Ashore show on my first cruise, but that was many years ago.  I don't really remember much about it.  I seem to remember a coupon book of some sort you could purchase to use on shore.  I'm I imagining it?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I went to the Fun Ashore show on my first cruise, but that was many years ago.  I don't really remember much about it.  I seem to remember a coupon book of some sort you could purchase to use on shore.  I'm I imagining it?

You may be thinking of the shopping seminar but they may offer them during the welcome aboard show too, I don't remember. The shopping seminar is another good giveaway opportunity!

• Like 2

I attend each cruise's Welcome Aboard show. I like to hear how many kids are on board, the number of Americans, Canadians, which states are most (and least) represented, etc.  I enjoy those Fun Facts.

• Like 4

I've never been to the Welcome Aboard show.  I don't need to have the captain introduced -- so long as he can find the ship's parking space at each port, I don't need to meet the captain.  I don't need to meet the Cruise Director or the cooks, or ...  

There are usually things I'd rather be doing, including taking a nap!

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

I've never been to the Welcome Aboard show.  I don't need to have the captain introduced -- so long as he can find the ship's parking space at each port, I don't need to meet the captain.  I don't need to meet the Cruise Director or the cooks, or ...  

There are usually things I'd rather be doing, including taking a nap!

OK, you do you.

• Haha 1

The Welcome Aboard show is a cruising tradition for me. Of my 20+ cruises, I have been to 90% of them. It can be cheesy and repetitive, but I enjoy it. My husband can take it or leave it (and would probably rather leave it).

It signals the official start of my cruise. I have never seen the captain or any other officer at one. It tends to be the cruise director, fun squad, singers/dancers, an audience participation game, and a preview of the weeks activities.

• Like 6

We are usually at the Steakhouse (first night!! free or 50% off wine😉) and by the time we are done, the show is over.  Or it's already started.  I don't know, but I haven't been to one in many a cruise😸

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

We are usually at the Steakhouse (first night!! free or 50% off wine😉) and by the time we are done, the show is over.  Or it's already started.  I don't know, but I haven't been to one in many a cruise😸

Looking at the video Allgood posted,  its not quite what I expected.  Though I'm not really sure what I expected.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Looking at the video Allgood posted,  its not quite what I expected.  Though I'm not really sure what I expected.  

Generally I have found it to be a mish mosh of entertainment, many times primarily utilizing the passengers as entertainment.  Kinda like a local talent show.  Meh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1