Odyssey and Adult Areas

Hi.

We are booked on the Odyssey for next April.

Is there an adult-only area and if so, are there ones we can pay for like the Vibe on NCL?

Are there outside bars? Haven't been on Royal in quite some time, although we are Diamond.

Thank you all very much.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, js said:

Hi.

We are booked on the Odyssey for next April.

Is there an adult-only area and if so, are there ones we can pay for like the Vibe on NCL?

Are there outside bars? Haven't been on Royal in quite some time, although we are Diamond.

Thank you all very much.

As mentioned, the Solarium (on all RCCL ships) is adults only.  You pay for no venues on RCCL as they are all complimentary, although suite guests have private areas dedicated to them. As Diamond, you will also have access to the Crown Lounge on deck four for bar service and hours d'oeuvres nightly during the cocktail hours. You also will have 4 complimentary drink coupons loaded on your SeaPass card daily for use in the Crown Lounge or anywhere else, anytime, on the ship except the Bionic Bar.

There are two outside bars on the ship - Lime and Coconut (on decks 14 & 15) and Solarium Bar (not outdoor but part of the Solarium).  Here's a list of the bars on Odyssey:

BIONIC BAR

BOLEROS

CROWN & COMPASS

SCHOONER BAR

SOLARIUM BAR

THE LIME & COCONUT

Edited by leaveitallbehind

19 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Yes, Odyssey has a Solarium for adults 18+. Solarium has a bar  and there are bars at the outside pool. 

Sherri🙂

Thank you very much. I enjoyed the Solarium on Allure. I appreciate your letting me know.

Looking forward to our trip!

16 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

As mentioned, the Solarium (on all RCCL ships) is adults only.  You pay for no venues on RCCL as they are all complimentary, although suite guests have private areas dedicated to them. As Diamond, you will also have access to the Crown Lounge on deck four for bar service and hours d'oeuvres nightly during the cocktail hours. You also will have 4 complimentary drink coupons loaded on your SeaPass card daily for use in the Crown Lounge or anywhere else, anytime, on the ship except the Bionic Bar.

There are two outside bars on the ship - Lime and Coconut (on decks 14 & 15) and Solarium Bar (not outdoor but part of the Solarium).  Here's a list of the bars on Odyssey:

BIONIC BAR

BOLEROS

CROWN & COMPASS

SCHOONER BAR

SOLARIUM BAR

THE LIME & COCONUT

This is a fabulous list! Thank you so much! So both my dh and I have four drinks loaded on our cards each day, that is great although we will have the alcohol package LOL

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, js said:

This is a fabulous list! Thank you so much! So both my dh and I have four drinks loaded on our cards each day, that is great although we will have the alcohol package LOL

AT D+ we have 5 and as they are combinable (I can use mine for her and visa versa) the 10 total drinks is enough for us that we never buy the package.  Cheaper for us to buy additional drinks a la carte.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, js said:

Make some new friends. 😉🍹

Edited by doghog
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, doghog said:

Make some new friends. 😉🍹

Meet a D+ couple on our Arctic Crossing in 2022 that shared their unused vouchers for some night caps.  🙂  They have joined us on our TA next week.  I can see some "free" night caps in the near future.  😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, js said:

So both my dh and I have four drinks loaded on our cards each day, that is great although we will have the alcohol package LOL

You can also use your coupons for unopened canned and other contained beverages (beer, Truly, soda, water) to take and keep in your refrigerator in your stateroom.  We do that with unused coupons frequently as they expire daily.  Nice on our balcony from time to time without having to go to a bar to get them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

You can also use your coupons for unopened canned and other contained beverages (beer, Truly, soda, water) to take and keep in your refrigerator in your stateroom.  We do that with unused coupons frequently as they expire daily.  Nice on our balcony from time to time without having to go to a bar to get them.

Still have a John Smith's, Old Speckled Hen, Red Stripe, and Bummer's in my home fridge from my last cruise.  😄

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Still have a John Smith's, Old Speckled Hen, Red Stripe, and Bummer's in my home fridge from my last cruise.  😄

When we drive to the departure port we often bring home extras as well. 10 coupons per day can travel far.....

On 4/15/2024 at 7:23 PM, leaveitallbehind said:

BIONIC BAR

BOLEROS

CROWN & COMPASS

SCHOONER BAR

SOLARIUM BAR

THE LIME & COCONUT

As an Eagles fan, you forgot to list Playmakers.   😮

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I doubt he is an Eagles fan. He said he never gets the drink package 🙂

A minor oversight on my part regarding Playmakers - thanks for correcting.  Spent time on Oasis there watching our Birds self destruct on our NYE cruise this year.

As to questioning my loyalty, I am a 27 year season ticket holder who well remembers the days when winning the coin toss was considered a victory, and our tailgate "preparation" was the way to get through it! 🤪

Odyssey is almost as perfect as Anthem where family pool is covered! I wish Odyssey had this too. Oh well. We will enjoy Odyssey this and upcoming years.