How much is Laundry

8 minutes ago, zqvol said:

I amazed at the effort people go to with these bags. I have never had one rip or tear and have never had trouble getting what I need in the bag.

No kidding.  I got done loading the bag and thought to myself 'huh, what's the problem people usually have?'...

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, zqvol said:

I amazed at the effort people go to with these bags. I have never had one rip or tear and have never had trouble getting what I need in the bag. The people with the problems must change clothes twice a day and never wear anything twice. 

You've been blessed!

23 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

You've been blessed!

Haha! My husband and I are too then. We did do laundry on our Transatlantic, but that was more a result of three days in Europe ahead of the cruise and then five days on the cruise before doing laundry. On our other seven to ten day cruises, we've never had a need to do laundry. 

But hey, we re-wear clothes all the time. I only pack one pair of shorts as a bathing suit. Eeeek, disgusting I am! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

There are “regular bags” and there are “the big bag”. Just a matter of finding someone with a big bag for you. 

IMG_2411.thumb.jpeg.cfe307834b04774ed4d97326603f1574.jpeg

Our room steward asked if we were going to do laundry and asked if we wanted a big bag. We thought he was talking about one of the nylon bags and said “yes”. He brought us a “big bag”. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

For the Latitudes people that get the 1 free bag, have you tried more than 1? I was on a 14 nighter and to my surprise they let me get away with 2 bags. The second bag didn't even have the voucher and was later in the cruise. Maybe I'll try 3 next time. Was it because it was a long cruise? Is this unofficial? Is more than 2 free possible?

Edited by mistertomatoe

I sent my bag in yesterday on day 5 of our 10 day sailing and it was definitely larger than the one we received last year. It fit a lot of rolled up clothes. 

Granted, it was mostly socks, underwear, t-shirts and bathing suits but we were pleased. 

Told it could take 2 days to be returned. 

• Like 2

On 4/23/2024 at 9:43 PM, mistertomatoe said:

For the Latitudes people that get the 1 free bag, have you tried more than 1? I was on a 14 nighter and to my surprise they let me get away with 2 bags. The second bag didn't even have the voucher and was later in the cruise. Maybe I'll try 3 next time. Was it because it was a long cruise? Is this unofficial? Is more than 2 free possible?

On longer cruises the Cruise Next Team has informed the Meet & Greet Group on the additional bags...
For those w/ Latitudes Laundry Perks who have question on # of bags - ask the Cruise Next Director - they are usually very generous 🙂 

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2024 at 10:43 PM, mistertomatoe said:

There is no latitudes "voucher". What people keep assuming is a voucher is simply poor placement of the instructions on the card. And nowhere in those instructions does it say to include a voucher. And I've never had to do anything but write my latitudes status on the bag & the slip.

Generally speaking, you get 1 bag/week. I was just on a 12-day cruise and they said no when I asked if I got a 2nd bag, it's 1/week. So 2 bags if your cruise is 14 days or more, 3 bags if 21 days. Whether or not you would be able to slip in an additional bag, hard to say - I don't know how they keep track.

6 minutes ago, erisajd said:

So on day 4 of a 7 day cruise they have a laundry special that could get you back your laundry on day 6?  Doesn’t seem all that helpful. 

If you're continuing your travels after the cruise it's extremely helpful!

In my opinion I can't see much need for laundry if all you're doing is a 7 day cruise. But that's of course just my view.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Asawi said:

If you're continuing your travels after the cruise it's extremely helpful!

In my opinion I can't see much need for laundry if all you're doing is a 7 day cruise. But that's of course just my view.

I could if you are using the gym and getting sweaty, or doing an excursion where you might get dirty (hiking, ATV ride, etc). 

Just now, Distinctive-Destinations said:

I could if you are using the gym and getting sweaty, or doing an excursion where you might get dirty (hiking, ATV ride, etc). 

I can see that too now that you point it out. I did a tough hike that involved some muddy bits. Had to rinse of most of my stuff in the shower. Not sure how much laundry would have helped that particular time, but yes, you are right!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Distinctive-Destinations said:

or doing an excursion where you might get dirty (hiking, ATV ride, etc).

Been there, done that, but it was an excursion in Cabo on the last port stop on the cruise with just a sea day left before disembarking so no time to get laundry done after that one.