Carnival Glory Transatlantic April18-May 2

On 4/27/2024 at 7:08 AM, BlerkOne said:

On 4/27/2024 at 1:11 PM, BlerkOne said:

Can you please repost these two menus?  They say password protected.

I hate that I am so late to this wonderful live report!! You always take such wonderful pictures, thank you so much for taking the time to share your cruise with us. I still kick myself that I didn't have a drink with you on Carnival Miracle in May of 22, or on the Ecstasy final sailing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, heffy2 said:

I hate that I am so late to this wonderful live report!! You always take such wonderful pictures, thank you so much for taking the time to share your cruise with us. I still kick myself that I didn't have a drink with you on Carnival Miracle in May of 22, or on the Ecstasy final sailing.

Thank you. Probably not my best work, but I get to try again next month!

• Like 1

After refurbishing the Glory, what are the noticeable improvements. The Sports Bar was renamed Heroes Bar with new pictures on the wall but essentially looks the same. Can you tell us the significant improvements.

Just now, ledges1 said:

After refurbishing the Glory, what are the noticeable improvements. The Sports Bar was renamed Heroes Bar with new pictures on the wall but essentially looks the same. Can you tell us the significant improvements.

The differences that made a difference to me are the bedside power points and a motion sensing light under one of the closets for the bathroom. 

All new carpeting is nice but won't be new long. Lots of new paint.

The hotel director posted pictures during the dry dock. I'll have to see what he thought was significant 

One thing that is coming is a new digital phone system instead of the old analog one.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the information. I have traveled on the Glory many times out of New Orleans. I may not go on it again since it is being replaced in N.O.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cellfree said:

@BlerkOnewhere are you taking us next month?

The world turned upside down yesterday. Our pet sitter messaged us that one of our cats passed away and that is going to have an impact on future plans, especially longer cruises far from home. 

So I may not be posting much more to this thread for the next few days. Except for this

The wait for a private table for brunch was 2+ hours, so I got my complementary drink and brought it up to Lido. Last call for bacon!

PXL_20240501_092354273.jpg

PXL_20240501_090007288.jpg

PXL_20240501_090117978.jpg

• Like 3

So sorry to hear of your cat's passing.  I dread the day my 16 year old cat (her bd was yesterday 5/1) leaves us.  I tear up every time I think of it.  Safe travels home.

13 hours ago, cellfree said:

@BlerkOnesuch sad news, safe travels onward and homeward. 

Just now, pe4all said:

So sorry to hear of your cat's passing.  I dread the day my 16 year old cat (her bd was yesterday 5/1) leaves us.  I tear up every time I think of it.  Safe travels home.

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

Sorry to hear about your loss.  Pets are unconditional love and being away makes it tougher.

Thank you. We don't even know which one, yet. We have lots of animals and the pet sitter doesn't know all their names. I'm not sure I do.

• Like 1