Live from Celebrity Silhouette, April 22nd-May 5th Transatlantic from FLL to Amsterdam

Posted (edited)
On 4/18/2024 at 4:40 PM, Chrissi3010 said:

I am also very excited to visit the Azores (where our weather in Europe comes from).

We visited the Azores in the fall of 2019 right before COVID on a TA from Barcelona to Tampa with RCL.  It is the most beautiful place!

20191110_113651.jpg

Edited by cinnam0n
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, Shanker1 said:

Enjoy your TA, we took the same cruise on the Edge in 2019 except for the destinations after the Azores.  We had wonderful time. You will gain one hour on most of the nights an easy way to not get jet lag

We are on the Silhouette May 24 from Amsterdam and are looking forward to your posts. 

We are also on the Silhouette May 24 from Amsterdam 

• Like 2

We arrived safely after an uneventful flight. 😉

We were through Immigration and baggage claim within 40 min after landing. We never were this fast before when arriving in the US.

Our hotel is beachside and it's incredible that we sit at a beach bar now in shorts and flipflops after leaving Germany with cold rain and snow this morning.

20240420_172335.jpg

20240420_174621.jpg

• Like 18

In Ft. Lauderdale now.  Kimpton Shorebreak.   Highly recommend.  Very unique hotel, great service and food. And walk to the beach and they have beach chairs to use. Can’t wait to Monday but vacation has already started. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Good morning from Fort Lauderdale. Obviously we left home at the right time; neighbours have sent this a few minutes ago:

Screenshot_20240421_062848_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.62b321b764150783ba54c842358da290.jpg

Although I like snow (in the Wintertime!) I think we have the better view :classic_wink::

20240421_063127.thumb.jpg.a3e9e9ddd2b13f17284e0ed24cf6e261.jpg

Edited by Chrissi3010
  • Like 17
  • Haha 2

Finally sailing day! 😀😃🙂

Unfortunately weather forecast predicts rain this afternoon for sailaway...we will see.

We booked an Uber for 10:00 as Port Everglades predicted a lot of traffic die to 4 cruise ships in port. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chrissi3010 said:

Finally sailing day! 😀😃🙂

Unfortunately weather forecast predicts rain this afternoon for sailaway...we will see.

We booked an Uber for 10:00 as Port Everglades predicted a lot of traffic die to 4 cruise ships in port. 

Rain was in the forecast for both 4/4 and 4/8 sailaways…fortunately, the weatherman was wrong!  Both afternoons were sunny but a bit windy.  Either way, you are on a beautiful ship beginning your adventure.

Bon Voyage.

Susan 😎

• Like 1

We are onboard and already had a nice Lunch in Luminae. I forgot to take pictures though...

Embarkation was kind of weird. The ship docks at pier 19, so it was an old grey and loveless hall where the first 250 passengers were queezed in a corner and not allowed to sit down where you wanted. We arrived at 10:15 and had to wait until 11:10 and then had to board row by row (kind of like in school). 

We then went to our cabin, dropped off our bags, picked up our seapasses and went to our masterstation.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Chrissi3010 said:

Finally sailing day! 😀😃🙂

But still better than snow 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

We decided last minute to have dinner at Sushi on 5 as the Luminae menu for tonight had nothing on it that I really wanted.

We love Sushi and it was sooo good again.

24-04-22-19-28-00-800_deco.jpg

Edited by Chrissi3010
  • Like 9

Im glad you’re onboard and have safely left port. Wishing clear skies for your journey! 
If the app is correct, you have Eddie Jenkins as your cruise director..we’ve had him before and he was wonderful. If you get a chance can you see if he’ll still be on for the May 24th sailing? TIA!

Cathy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Im glad you’re onboard and have safely left port. Wishing clear skies for your journey! 
If the app is correct, you have Eddie Jenkins as your cruise director..we’ve had him before and he was wonderful. If you get a chance can you see if he’ll still be on for the May 24th sailing? TIA!

Cathy

The app is correct…We had Eddie for the B2B that finished 4/18.  I believe he joined the ship very recently so he should still be around on 5/24.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Foggy Cruiser said:

Is Capt Kirk still onboard? Think I read he was off to Reflection? Looking forward to following your crossing. I am due on the return leg in November.

I’ll be on the November TA too.  Our roll call is “Celebrity Silhouette November 16, 2024”

(Having difficulty posting the link.)

Following this thread with interest, especially regarding Bermuda (never been) and the Azores.
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Chrissi3010 said:

We decided last minute to have dinner at Sushi on 5 as the Luminae menu for tonight had nothing on it that I really wanted.

It seems to have been the better choice!👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Foggy Cruiser said:

Is Capt Kirk still onboard? Think I read he was off to Reflection? Looking forward to following your crossing. I am due on the return leg in November.

He is not on board

7 hours ago, Foggy Cruiser said:

No, captain is Nigel Smyth now.17138763825087821221917635894251.thumb.jpg.ec5daf2f3dcb18d3fd4206dac58c7cc4.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, raudacruise said:

I’ll be on the November TA too.  Our roll call is “Celebrity Silhouette November 16, 2024”

(Having difficulty posting the link.)

Following this thread with interest, especially regarding Bermuda (never been) and the Azores.

Same for us. Will post a few pictures.  😀

• Like 2