Dear John Padgett

You know the old saying that a rising tide raises all boats?  Well, guess what?  The laws of physics dictate that the reverse is also true. Princess is not implementing or demonstrating anything that isn’t prevalent among its competitors. If one doesn’t like what they are seeing from Princess, then they won’t like what is going on with other price-point equivalents. So maybe the shine of cruising in general has lost its luster. Not much JP can do about that. 

• Like 5

My gripe: false advertising, annoying emails, phone calls from CVP & Promotions I’ve asked to not contact me, errors in folio- refunds to wrong credit card, misinformation by Future Cruise staff, poor customer service.

However, they gave plenty of notice to me for the Star cancellation and I expect nothing except for my deposit back.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, dog said:

My gripe: false advertising, annoying emails, phone calls from CVP & Promotions I’ve asked to not contact me, errors in folio- refunds to wrong credit card, misinformation by Future Cruise staff, poor customer service.

However, they gave plenty of notice to me for the Star cancellation and I expect nothing except for my deposit back.

I have had considerable interaction with Princess, including a substantial number of cruises. From reading CC I must be very lucky since I have not encountered the number of difficulties that others have reported.

I have successfully stopped all phone calls by simply logging into the web site and making the appropriate change to the area thst asks if I wish to receive calls from Princess. Since I made that change no calls.

As far as folios I have noticed a couple of incorrect billings. Far less on recent since just after restart. On average about .5 per cruise on the last 4 (2 errors total). both were easily corrected with chat function on board.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Yo Howdy said:

For those of you who are attacking the original poster, I am in a similar situation apparently. My cruise on the Star was cancelled. When I went to book a substantially similar cruise on the Sun...same number of days and same ports, the cost is approximately $4,000.00 more than what I had booked for. No option to change my booking to another ship or anything, just straight cancellation and an expectation to pay an extra $4,000.00 apparently. I was offered and have a $100.00 future cruise credit which is in my account as per the cancellation e-mail I received.
I don't think that is very satisfactory.

If the OP's comments were only about the cancellation I would be in agreement.  I would be unhappy, putting it mildly, to experience what you did.  

My gripe. Princess cancelling a shore excursion without any contact at all. Some time ago I got in early and booked a shore excursion on the Norwegian Fjords cruise that we really wanted to do. Last week I was reviewing my excursions and this one was missing on my Personalizer. Rang Princess and spoke to the Philippines and was advised the excursion for my time slot was cancelled. All other slots are now booked out. No email or contact at all and to date no refund (that is on the way apparently).

I understand that things happen but it is common decency to advise the customer. Isn't it.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, TRLD said:

I have had considerable interaction with Princess, including a substantial number of cruises. From reading CC I must be very lucky since I have not encountered the number of difficulties that others have reported.

I have successfully stopped all phone calls by simply logging into the web site and making the appropriate change to the area thst asks if I wish to receive calls from Princess. Since I made that change no calls.

As far as folios I have noticed a couple of incorrect billings. Far less on recent since just after restart. On average about .5 per cruise on the last 4 (2 errors total). both were easily corrected with chat function on board.

you are truly fortunate.

40 plus cruises here. Fav. Cruiseline remains Princess.

Did that- tried all options mentioned to stop calls, emails—- has been better in last two weeks.  I refuse to return the last call telling me to phone the Uk princess office!

future gripe- crummy chairs on balconies on SUN princess.

So, to be even further transparent about this exasperating mess. The Star transatlantic was booked months after its planned launch for a reason and the price point for a suite was decent for a new build. Now that the ship’s (potential) transatlantic will be its third sailing and a very different itinerary than what we booked save for the actual crossing of the Atlantic. Given the slow rollout of elements on the Sun, a transatlantic with the possibility that some venues may not be operational and it may sail with limited or no entertainment just doesn’t seem like a great vacation. 

I was excited for the promise of the new builds and opportunity for Princess to reclaim a little of its luster and fix its wonky tech on its site and app. I really don’t think leadership—yes, Padgett—cares about the brand.

We booked a familiar ship and route in the transatlantic’s stead since we were after a UK departing transatlantic on the sphere class. Its was a frustrating experience. Friends couldn’t see the cruise online—they had to call. My account is not showing the booking but it is showing both the transatlantic and a duplicate transatlantic booking, which calls into question how booked these ships really are. My confirmation number also cannot be found by the app.

Few businesses survive operating like this, folks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/20/2024 at 5:36 AM, startedwithamouse said:

"i regret to inform you"? 

What happens when the older elites pass in 20 or so years?  Princess needs new business. 

Today’s Ruby & Platinum members will take their place.

Edited by richsea
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CruiseCrabs said:

So, to be even further transparent about this exasperating mess. The Star transatlantic was booked months after its planned launch for a reason and the price point for a suite was decent for a new build. Now that the ship’s (potential) transatlantic will be its third sailing and a very different itinerary than what we booked save for the actual crossing of the Atlantic. Given the slow rollout of elements on the Sun, a transatlantic with the possibility that some venues may not be operational and it may sail with limited or no entertainment just doesn’t seem like a great vacation. 

I was excited for the promise of the new builds and opportunity for Princess to reclaim a little of its luster and fix its wonky tech on its site and app. I really don’t think leadership—yes, Padgett—cares about the brand.

We booked a familiar ship and route in the transatlantic’s stead since we were after a UK departing transatlantic on the sphere class. Its was a frustrating experience. Friends couldn’t see the cruise online—they had to call. My account is not showing the booking but it is showing both the transatlantic and a duplicate transatlantic booking, which calls into question how booked these ships really are. My confirmation number also cannot be found by the app.

Few businesses survive operating like this, folks. 

I filled form in and my booking still shows for October 20/25- give it a few more days. The new cruises for replacement should show up online April 30 th.

13 hours ago, leck57 said:

My gripe. Princess cancelling a shore excursion without any contact at all. Some time ago I got in early and booked a shore excursion on the Norwegian Fjords cruise that we really wanted to do. Last week I was reviewing my excursions and this one was missing on my Personalizer. Rang Princess and spoke to the Philippines and was advised the excursion for my time slot was cancelled. All other slots are now booked out. No email or contact at all and to date no refund (that is on the way apparently).

I understand that things happen but it is common decency to advise the customer. Isn't it.

Usually they will move you to a different time if there is room.  I suspect that the others were probably full as well.

What excursion were you canceled from?

2 hours ago, richsea said:

Today’s Ruby & Platinum members will take their place.

And will probably be complaining how things used to be better back when they were Ruby and Platinum 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, dog said:

I filled form in and my booking still shows for October 20/25- give it a few more days. The new cruises for replacement should show up online April 30 th.

I appreciate what you are saying but the transatlantic is a one-shot itinerary and Princes shas informed all booked passengers that it will be shortened by two days and depart our of Barcelona with a different itinerary rather than departing our of Southampton. This also does not address the duplicate booking.

14 minutes ago, TRLD said:

Usually they will move you to a different time if there is room.  I suspect that the others were probably full as well.

What excursion were you canceled from?

It was a RIB tour in Skjolden. There are about 8-9 times for the day and most had vacancies when I booked but when they cut my tour out, all had been booked. I can accept that things happen and I'm just unlucky that it was my time slot that was cancelled. What I don't accept is that I found out by just randomly checking my Personalizer and noticed it was listed anymore. No email or any other communication from Princess at all.

I also did a cruise in Feb and when I got to my cabin I only had excursion tickets for one of my excursions. I went to the excursion desk and said I hadn't received one excursion ticket and the guy there said it had been cancelled some time ago. Again, no prior advice about the cancellation. I was already on board and any decent alternative was booked out. Frankly, this isn't good enough for either instance. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, leck57 said:

It was a RIB tour in Skjolden. There are about 8-9 times for the day and most had vacancies when I booked but when they cut my tour out, all had been booked. I can accept that things happen and I'm just unlucky that it was my time slot that was cancelled. What I don't accept is that I found out by just randomly checking my Personalizer and noticed it was listed anymore. No email or any other communication from Princess at all.

I also did a cruise in Feb and when I got to my cabin I only had excursion tickets for one of my excursions. I went to the excursion desk and said I hadn't received one excursion ticket and the guy there said it had been cancelled some time ago. Again, no prior advice about the cancellation. I was already on board and any decent alternative was booked out. Frankly, this isn't good enough for either instance. 

Unfortunately we did not go there on my Norway cruise last year so do not have any data on a non-Princess option.

Have not worked with these folks but have you tried this site.

https://www.adventuretours.no/

Edited by TRLD
  • Thanks 1