HK/Singapore cruise with a child?

I’ve been to HK and Singapore before but looking at a December cruise between the two that takes in various stops in Vietnam and Thailand. Whilst I’m happy with all the destinations being suitable for our daughter, I just wonder if there’s many children onboard those type of cruises? It will be around school holidays as it’s in December.

Also we’re both diamond on RC so get 4 free drinks a day, is that transferable to Celebrity? I seem to think it is and may well have asked before but can’t recall.

Many thanks.

3 minutes ago, DevonianCruiser said:

Also we’re both diamond on RC so get 4 free drinks a day, is that transferable to Celebrity? I seem to think it is and may well have asked before but can’t recall.

You will be Elite on Celebrity , so will have free drinks between 5-7pm, every day except the first day.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DevonianCruiser said:

I’ve been to HK and Singapore before but looking at a December cruise between the two that takes in various stops in Vietnam and Thailand. Whilst I’m happy with all the destinations being suitable for our daughter, I just wonder if there’s many children onboard those type of cruises? It will be around school holidays as it’s in December.

Many thanks.

Royal and Celebrity do their drinks offer differently.  Royal diamond gives you four drinks at nearly any location all day long, Celebrity elite has a 5 to 7 PM unlimited drinks plan good at nearly any bar.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DevonianCruiser said:

Many thanks.

How old is the child?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Is it over the school Christmas holidays or early December? If the latter, there will be less children. We cruised the same itinerary over Christmas and there was a complete mix of ages onboard (our kids were early teens at that time).

Edited by villauk

1 hour ago, DevonianCruiser said:

Many thanks.

IMO even if few other children, that is such an amazing cultural journey for a child to experience, I'd take them in a heartbeat.  

• Like 2

The Celebrity Elite Happy Hour is much more similar to the original Diamond Lounge Happy Hour.  There's a limited list of drinks available, rather than the voucher concept on Royal where you can get virtually any drink, anytime, anywhere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, janabellev2.0 said:

The Celebrity Elite Happy Hour is much more similar to the original Diamond Lounge Happy Hour.  There's a limited list of drinks available, rather than the voucher concept on Royal where you can get virtually any drink, anytime, anywhere.

Very well put. 

On 4/21/2024 at 10:44 AM, Liao said:

IMO even if few other children, that is such an amazing cultural journey for a child to experience, I'd take them in a heartbeat.  

I so agree!!!  She will have an amazing time!  Don’t blink an eye, just do it!  I was a bit worried with the same questions years ago……. We took a chance and have never looked back!!!
Our daughter was 7 yrs old on Celebrity Solstice 12 night Sydney to Auckland in January, age 8 on Celebrity Eclipse 14 night from Buenos Aires Argentina that went thru (sail by- Antarctica) was also a January, and age 9 on Celebrity Exploration Galapagos trip during a February ……and so on…...she’s going on 14yrs old now and has had the opportunity to see so many amazing places!  There are fewer kids on board, but that’s ok!  You will have an amazing time and lifetime memories.  

• Like 1