CVP's Still On Staff?

Contacted my CVP via email yesterday three times and the response was "not available".  Called as it may have been a system glitch.  Message was "CVP no longer available;  leave name/number and one will be assigned".  Not sure if she left or another case of many CVP's laid off.  Has anyone else called lately to see if this may be across the board?

18 minutes ago, capsplace said:

Dumb question perhaps...what is a CVP?

Sorry....not dumb....I shouldn't have used initials...🤞.  Posted too quickly.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Contacted my CVP via email yesterday three times and the response was "not available".  Called as it may have been a system glitch.  Message was "CVP no longer available;  leave name/number and one will be assigned".  Not sure if she left or another case of many CVP's laid off.  Has anyone else called lately to see if this may be across the board?

Mine disappeared a few months ago...suddenly email bounced and voicemail was like yours...

Haven't been assigned a new one...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ours was one of the 1st ones to be laid off and she had worked for RC and Celebrity for years. We were never assigned a new one and never pursued it because we  have no interest in booking another cruise any time soon.  

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Pear33 said:

I  still have a CVP.

Great planner... local 44148

Thanks...looked up the ext. and it's the one recommended to me by my former CVP to cover if she was away (RW?).  Yesterday I left a message for him, but haven't rec'd a callback yet.  Glad to hear he's a great one.  In what sense did he plan for you?  Mine only took my booking.

Edited by Oceangoer2

Yes it's RW. He is so prompt to get back to me ..so odd you didn't get a call back yesterday.  A lot of times i get a call back within an hour !! i am so happy to still have a CVP! 

He booked cruises for my nephew as well(he is a younger demographic ..HAHA ) and  helped hm choose a cabin , cruise etc.  

I lost my 20 year plus CVP just after COVID... and i am happy with RW. 

Tell him Cyndi recommends him!!! 

I think you probably will be happy with his service. 

Good Luck and i hope it works out for you. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Pear33 said:

Yes it's RW. He is so prompt to get back to me ..so odd you didn't get a call back yesterday.  A lot of times i get a call back within an hour !! i am so happy to still have a CVP! 

He booked cruises for my nephew as well(he is a younger demographic ..HAHA ) and  helped hm choose a cabin , cruise etc.  

I lost my 20 year plus CVP just after COVID... and i am happy with RW. 

Tell him Cyndi recommends him!!! 

I think you probably will be happy with his service. 

Good Luck and i hope it works out for you. 

I'm hoping he calls and is able to take on a new client....will also mention your high regard for his services.  It came to mind there may be a push for clients left adrift to start using the 'general' number, and eventually push out all remaining CVPs.

We had a fantastic CVP who suddenly disappeared.  I suspect he was let go.  His name still appears on my invoices but when messages are left, I never get a return phone call.  Then I was transferred to another individual and she has since disappeared.  Now when I call, I usually get someone from Mexico or Jamaica.  Some are novices and will admit it.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, keesar said:

We had a fantastic CVP who suddenly disappeared.  I suspect he was let go.  His name still appears on my invoices but when messages are left, I never get a return phone call.  Then I was transferred to another individual and she has since disappeared.  Now when I call, I usually get someone from Mexico or Jamaica.  Some are novices and will admit it.

So sorry..I know you can get somewhat attached to your rep and their understanding of your 'likes'. Not the same when you speak with a different person each time you call..and no email connection. 

9 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

We also used RW at 44148. Excellent CVP. Very responsive. 

This is day 3 without a callback from RW.  I'm thinking he can't/doesn't want to take on new clients.  Disappointed in Celebrity; we've had a CVP for many years.  First two promoted, but they advised when we were being transferred to another one before they left.  This time, just returned emails and no phone call to let us know.  Message if calling CVP extention is they'll assign a new one.  Some here say that hasn't happened after the first round of cuts.  Really bad CS and we're about to consider cruising with O after 30 years of sailing with X.  They may care more about their customers.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, keesar said:

This has been our experience exactly. Our CVP was fabulous, and took great care of us for many years. About four months ago the calls were suddenly automatically transferred to the off-shore call center. Since that time the service has been very spotty...from difficult to understand, to "I'll have to check with my supervisor." Once in a while I've gotten an ok representative, but nothing that even comes close to my previous CVP. 

Edited by MustBCruzn
  • Like 1

Wow. I just got a message that my long time, wonderful CVP was being replaced by another person. I though that it was maybe a scam. She did a wonderful job for me and I am very disappointed.

I know that time marches on and things change but but every time that I find something or someone that I am happy with Celebrity seems to take it away. (Thanks and goodbye Cynthia at ext 44144)

5 minutes ago, morfred said:

Wow. I just got a message that my long time, wonderful CVP was being replaced by another person. I though that it was maybe a scam. She did a wonderful job for me and I am very disappointed.

I know that time marches on and things change but but every time that I find something or someone that I am happy with Celebrity seems to take it away. (Thanks and goodbye Cynthia at ext 44144)

WELL...you recd a notification.  Cynthia was also mine and no word at all.  REALLY not happy and I feel for her. She was relieved she survived the 1st round of cuts.

• Like 1

It's unfortunate, companies are doing this it's a cost saving thing - my husband's company did the same thing let a whole department go to hire an external team in Mx to save $.

I probably have someone assigned but I've done everything I've needed myself so never spoken to anyone specific if I've called (which is twice, one to upgrade room and one for missing points)

11 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

It's unfortunate, companies are doing this it's a cost saving thing - my husband's company did the same thing let a whole department go to hire an external team in Mx to save $.

I probably have someone assigned but I've done everything I've needed myself so never spoken to anyone specific if I've called (which is twice, one to upgrade room and one for missing points)

If I decided to transfer one cruise to another my CVP would just transfer the booking number and keep all else in place with no drama, just kept it simple. The general staff is confused by anything out of the ordinary.   I do all the research etc myself. She was very knowledgeable.  Now I have a hold on a BB and no CVP.....5.I don't want to contact the Gen. Staff.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

If I decided to transfer one cruise to another my CVP would just transfer the booking number and keep all else in place with no drama, just kept it simple. The general staff is confused by anything out of the ordinary.   I do all the research etc myself. She was very knowledgeable.  Now I have a hold on a BB and no CVP.....5.I don't want to contact the Gen. Staff.

Agree about the call center staff. I also do all my own leg work (I'll bet most do). Having a good TA or CVP also is a plus when it comes to making changes to a booking that only a CVP or TA can do. Ironically the CVP for our September Edge cruise is, ext. 44148. 

Edited by doghog

38 minutes ago, doghog said:

Agree about the call center staff. I also do all my own leg work (I'll bet most do). Having a good TA or CVP also is a plus when it comes to making changes to a booking that only a CVP or TA can do. Ironically the CVP for our September Edge cruise is, ext. 44148. 

Hope he isn't on the 'delete' file.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, doghog said:

Based on this thread, his workload may just have increased. 😉

Just called RW at ext 4418 and got his voicemail. Said he was on the line with another guest. Sure hope that means he is still with the company. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I just went back to my invoices, I know I had a number assigned to me. Looks like on recent ones the CVP is gone.

I don't know if that's a change in the look to the invoices or just gone.