Cruise Compass

Is it possible to obtain a paper copy while on board? We'll be on Adventure of the Seas in late May. Thanks.

5 hours ago, wrg said:

Is it possible to obtain a paper copy while on board? We'll be on Adventure of the Seas in late May. Thanks.

At a recent lunch with officers we were told RCI was going to start charging passengers a nominal fee for paper copies of the Cruise Compass in the near future. Keep in mind at a lunch with officers last Spring we were told RCI was going to soon announce a new smaller class of ship. Over a year later the only thing I have heard officially from RCI is they are building a 7th Oasis class ship and 3rd Icon class ship, which are not small ships. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

At a recent lunch with officers we were told RCI was going to start charging passengers a nominal fee for paper copies of the Cruise Compass in the near future. Keep in mind at a lunch with officers last Spring we were told RCI was going to soon announce a new smaller class of ship. Over a year later the only thing I have heard officially from RCI is they are building a 7th Oasis class ship and 3rd Icon class ship, which are not small ships. 

Wow, that's interesting.

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I like getting the paper compasses (more as a souvenir than anything), and I would actually be ok with this.

12 hours ago, GimmeOcean said:

I like getting the paper compasses (more as a souvenir than anything), and I would actually be ok with this.

If you scan the qr code in your room each day, you'll get a pdf copy of the cruise compass, like the exact thing just not on paper, and you can still save them as souvenirs. That's what we did the last two cruises and it's nice to have it in digital form to email, print or just look at whenever we want 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I hope not.  I don't want to carry a phone around on a cruise.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

I hope not.  I don't want to carry a phone around on a cruise.

Like I mentioned, over a year ago we were told a new smaller class ship would be announced soon. As of today that still hasn’t happened, so it wouldn’t surprise me if RCI continues to provide printed copies of the Cruise Compass for free in the future. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scottdalfonso said:

If you scan the qr code in your room each day, you'll get a pdf copy of the cruise compass, like the exact thing just not on paper, and you can still save them as souvenirs. That's what we did the last two cruises and it's nice to have it in digital form to email, print or just look at whenever we want 

Thanks! This would be a great e-keepsake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Where is the QR code found? The paper versions are what I prefer but a PDF would work too for the reasons you mention. 

15 minutes ago, Kellie in Texas said:

Where is the QR code found? The paper versions are what I prefer but a PDF would work too for the reasons you mention. 

In your cabin on the desk, at guest services, in the Crown Lounge, etc.

• Thanks 1