Sanctuary Collection on Sun Princess

KLM3164

My late 2024 Sun cruise let me book Signature restaurant & Butcher’s Block today.  For my D0-aft it listed both the Reserve & Signature dining rooms.

So, who knows what will happen by then?

18 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

Don't you think they'll put the Signature dining into a bigger space with this change?

Doubtful. It’ll still be the same spaces most likely but no idea if the reserve and signature will function as one, or still operate as 2 separate dining areas with different guest lists.

12 minutes ago, dog said:

My late 2024 Sun cruise let me book Signature restaurant & Butcher’s Block today.  For my D0-aft it listed both the Reserve & Signature dining rooms.

So, who knows what will happen by then?

What sailing date if you don’t mind me asking. And are you confirming that you can see both options on your dinner reservations in your D0 booking?

My confirmations are for 2 nights in the Signature restaurant and I had already booked the Butcher’s block.

. My journey says confirmed for each.

The app is not working well now- seems all my fb friends are trying it now!

Yes, Pick a date, a time, select main, specialty or experiential and it shows what is available.

it varies as some dates are showing for June to November for some of us.

1 hour ago, MacMadame said:

Don't you think they'll put the Signature dining into a bigger space with this change?

Where?  The current suites dining room and adjacent kitchen were designed for the suite passengers from the very beginning.

Just looking at the newly released inaugural Star Sanctuary rooms pricing. 

For the entry level Signature Suite pricing is £6049 all in. For the Sanctuary mini suite it is £4024. 

Wasn’t sure if I am missing something, but for a same size room, the extra £2000 odd gives me lounge access, a coffee machine and 1 mini bar set up? Is that worth it?

I was considered rebooking my cancelled original inaugural Star cruise to this one. I was in a Penthouse Suite now showing at £6519. Sure I’d get a nicer room and lounge access, but lose exclusivity in dining and sanctuary area with everything being more crowded and next to no exclusivity. What is the main benefit now of upper suites for £2500 extra?

So disappointed. I loved the Retreat concept on Celebrity and was looking forward to comparing and switching allegiances over but now there is nothing at all to draw me over. 

I’m in a quandary, I do hope they review the suite offering as a whole. I doubt it!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, ian441672 said:

For the entry level Signature Suite pricing is £6049 all in. For the Sanctuary mini suite it is £4024. 

I posted a moan about the pricing on the the Star Princess Delayed thread too.  Previously there was a clear gap between Signature Suite and the Penthouse (now Vista) pricing but now very little gap and way too much money! This is what I see on the UK site:

image.png.870b70cc95dee2259f27d7106df833d6.png

• Like 2

$5752 vs $2722 pp for D0-aft on Star TA - 2 days less from Barcelona instead of Southampton.  CAD$

No thanks.

4 hours ago, ian441672 said:

Wasn’t sure if I am missing something, but for a same size room, the extra £2000 odd gives me lounge access, a coffee machine and 1 mini bar set up? Is that worth it?

I was considered rebooking my cancelled original inaugural Star cruise to this one. I was in a Penthouse Suite now showing at £6519. Sure I’d get a nicer room and lounge access, but lose exclusivity in dining and sanctuary area with everything being more crowded and next to no exclusivity. What is the main benefit now of upper suites for £2500 extra?

So disappointed. I loved the Retreat concept on Celebrity and was looking forward to comparing and switching allegiances over but now there is nothing at all to draw me over. 

I’m in a quandary, I do hope they review the suite offering as a whole. I doubt it!

Yeah, this is a real head scratcher.  Why would anyone pay that much extra for EXACTLY THE SAME ROOM?!  The lounge looks nice, but not for that price.

• Like 5

So I have a group on Star Jan 2026.

I had everyone book suites for the exclusivity of the experience since I loved the suite experience on Celebrity and the new Princess ships sounded like a similar experience.

Now, with these changes, it sounds crowded, over booked and the areas created for 80 suites will be servicing an additional 135 cabins, which is not exclusive, doubling the capacity 😰

Our pricing, since we booked at first offering, is less for the suites than what the mini's are going for now with the Sanctuary experience, which is a positive.

Wondering if the delay of the Star is so they can adjust some of the areas for better capacity and to offer their clients the experience that is so prominently promoted in all the advertisements?

Would be appropriate to deliver what they offer/promote?

56 minutes ago, J18ktleo said:

So I have a group on Star Jan 2026.

I had everyone book suites for the exclusivity of the experience since I loved the suite experience on Celebrity and the new Princess ships sounded like a similar experience.

Now, with these changes, it sounds crowded, over booked and the areas created for 80 suites will be servicing an additional 135 cabins, which is not exclusive, doubling the capacity 😰

Our pricing, since we booked at first offering, is less for the suites than what the mini's are going for now with the Sanctuary experience, which is a positive.

Wondering if the delay of the Star is so they can adjust some of the areas for better capacity and to offer their clients the experience that is so prominently promoted in all the advertisements?

Would be appropriate to deliver what they offer/promote?

If they can keep the space previously identified as the Signature Restaurant as dedicated dining for suites only, that would go part of the way in delivering what they promoted.

For the Sanctuary Club, I suppose that was always intended to be a shared space with non-suite guests.  The only thing lost would be the small dedicated suite area of the Sanctuary, which did not have the space to hold all suite guests anyway.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

If they can keep the space previously identified as the Signature Restaurant as dedicated dining for suites only, that would go part of the way in delivering what they promoted.

For the Sanctuary Club, I suppose that was always intended to be a shared space with non-suite guests.  The only thing lost would be the small dedicated suite area of the Sanctuary, which did not have the space to hold all suite guests anyway.

To be fair, the space that was originally “suite-only” was insufficient for 80 suite cabins, just as the combined Sanctuary Club space is now insufficient for 215 cabins.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, CatMom72 said:

To be fair, the space that was originally “suite-only” was insufficient for 80 suite cabins, just as the combined Sanctuary Club space is now insufficient for 215 cabins.

Think of the view that the space is perfectly fine because with the lack of shade and wind  (according to reports) many will not use it for Ling periods of time anyway.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRLD said:

Think of the view that the space is perfectly fine because with the lack of shade and wind  (according to reports) many will not use it for Ling periods of time anyway.

I think the point that matters is when conditions are ideal the place will be swamped. When it’s too sunny or windy doesn’t matter since I won’t be as inclined to use the space ether. 

Yes the suite only area wouldn’t necessarily hold all 80 suite guests but on perfect days I have to imagine the ship crew would’ve accounted for this by making less passes available to control population. Now the sanctuary is guaranteed on ideal days to be over capacity.

So, just compared my original inaugural Star Princess 19 day B2B in a Penthouse Suite Premier package, cancelled pre change, costing £20800. 

The nearest equivalent now is the first two inaugural cruises totalling 18 days in the Sanctuary area equivalent suite which is now £22500. 

For £1700 more I am getting a 1 day less cruise (with a poorer and overall repetitive itinerary) no exclusive and potentially crowded dining, a busy sanctuary area with less exclusivity and a general watering down of the experience. I know I still get the lounge. 

I am so disappointed. With deep regret as I really wanted to try the Sphere Class and go back to Princess after a 5 year haitus,  but I will take my old OBC that they transferred over from the deposit of the cancelled cruise, and get my money back and go back to Celebrity! I am sure Princess won’t care, but I do! Very sad. 

Hope it all works out well with you guys!

• Like 3

On 5/2/2024 at 3:34 AM, ian441672 said:

So, just compared my original inaugural Star Princess 19 day B2B in a Penthouse Suite Premier package, cancelled pre change, costing £20800. 

The nearest equivalent now is the first two inaugural cruises totalling 18 days in the Sanctuary area equivalent suite which is now £22500. 

For £1700 more I am getting a 1 day less cruise (with a poorer and overall repetitive itinerary) no exclusive and potentially crowded dining, a busy sanctuary area with less exclusivity and a general watering down of the experience. I know I still get the lounge. 

I am so disappointed. With deep regret as I really wanted to try the Sphere Class and go back to Princess after a 5 year haitus,  but I will take my old OBC that they transferred over from the deposit of the cancelled cruise, and get my money back and go back to Celebrity! I am sure Princess won’t care, but I do! Very sad. 

Hope it all works out well with you guys!

I haven't read all 12 pages of this yet - but is it accurate that suites are losing access to an exclusive restaurant (i.e. Signature)?

19 minutes ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

I haven't read all 12 pages of this yet - but is it accurate that suites are losing access to an exclusive restaurant (i.e. Signature)?

Suite guests still have access to "private dining" whatever that means.  We do not know yet whether the "private dining" suite guests have access to will be shared with non-suite Sanctuary Collection guests.

Some are speculating that the Reserve Restaurant and the Signature Restaurant will be merged as the "private dining" so that all Sanctuary Collection guests have access to either.  

If this occurs, this will mean that the suite guest dining experience will be degraded somewhat if suite guests have to wait in line when the restaurants are full.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CalTexCruiser said:

Suite guests still have access to "private dining" whatever that means.  We do not know yet whether the "private dining" suite guests have access to will be shared with non-suite Sanctuary Collection guests.

Some are speculating that the Reserve Restaurant and the Signature Restaurant will be merged as the "private dining" so that all Sanctuary Collection guests have access to either.  

If this occurs, this will mean that the suite guest dining experience will be degraded somewhat if suite guests have to wait in line when the restaurants are full.

Wild if true.

We just booked on Wednesday (so with the new Sanctuary announcement) and for a family of 4 like us - on the Thanksgiving 2024 sailing, we can get a mini-suite for $5k or a Vista (Penthouse) suite for $20k.

A $15k premium to add the lounge and a slightly larger room is significant. 

We booked a Vista and we'll keep that, but our first time on Princess may be our last (or at least we'll book a mini-suite in the future).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

Wild if true.

We just booked on Wednesday (so with the new Sanctuary announcement) and for a family of 4 like us - on the Thanksgiving 2024 sailing, we can get a mini-suite for $5k or a Vista (Penthouse) suite for $20k.

A $15k premium to add the lounge and a slightly larger room is significant. 

We booked a Vista and we'll keep that, but our first time on Princess may be our last (or at least we'll book a mini-suite in the future).

LOL or you can book two (2) Sanctuary Collection mini-suites for 10k, which will be half the  cost of the Vista Suite and you will have a lot more space (unless of course you have very young children in which case two rooms would not make sense).

• Like 1

Just now, CalTexCruiser said:

LOL or you can book two (2) Sanctuary Collection mini-suites for 10k, which will be half the  cost of the Vista Suite and you will have a lot more space (unless of course you have very young children in which case two rooms would not make sense).

My kids will be 10 and 8 when we sail over Thanksgiving. 

I'd like to have lounge access so we'll give it a try, but I'm sure it won't be worth the $15k premium (I guess a bit less since we got Premium and mini-suites would still have to add that).

You know what they say about a fool and his money...🤪

4 minutes ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

My kids will be 10 and 8 when we sail over Thanksgiving. 

I'd like to have lounge access so we'll give it a try, but I'm sure it won't be worth the $15k premium (I guess a bit less since we got Premium and mini-suites would still have to add that).

You know what they say about a fool and his money...🤪

I'm not sure if you are aware, but Princess' current stated policy is that those under 16 are not allowed in the Sanctuary Club.

This is unlike the Celebrity Retreat Sundeck on Celebrity's Edge class ships where children are allowed.

1 minute ago, CalTexCruiser said:

I'm not sure if you are aware, but Princess' current stated policy is that those under 16 are not allowed in the Sanctuary Club.

This is unlike the Celebrity Retreat Sundeck on Celebrity's Edge class ships where children are allowed.

I know, but my wife and I can still enjoy it while our kids are in the kids clubb if we want to. 

We have a swimming pool in our backyard and we're not the type to enjoy lounging so that's not a very attractive area to us anyways. 

Park 19 is much more attractive to us since we have young kids. We also enjoy being able to grab a drink and meet new people without having to fight for drinks, so we typically really enjoy the lounge spaces.

While I recognize the price for a suite is ridiculous when compared to what we'll get for it, I'm at a point in life where my time is worth more than my money and we have to cruise around our kids' school schedules so we try to make the most of our time when we're able to escape. 

• Like 3

On 4/29/2024 at 1:27 PM, vjmatty said:

Agreed, I don’t know why so many people equate Park 19 with the water parks and amusement type rides on other more child-oriented ships. Park 19 is just a glorified sports deck.

I also agree there’s a difference between younger couples and family-oriented. Many couples now are deciding not to have children.

For what it's worth - Park 19 is the exact reason we decided to book the Sun Princess.

We enjoy the premium cruise lines but typically have to sacrifice activities for our kids. 

We are hopeful the Sun Princess will be a great blend of a premium experience while still being more family-friendly. 

Also FWIW - our kids are very well-behaved... They're not the nightmare kids with no supervision that we also cannot stand. 

45 minutes ago, FamilyAtSea.travel said:

We are hopeful the Sun Princess will be a great blend of a premium experience while still being more family-friendly. 

Hope it works out for you given your substantial investment.  This is Princess' first foray into becoming more family friendly (with Park 19) and the ship within a ship concept (with the sun deck and lounge).  

I hope their treatment of suite guests reflects the significant premium paid over non-suite Sanctuary Class cabins.