Liberty of the Seas elevator noise

The elevators and stairs are in a separate lobby from the cabin passageways.  If you have a cabin near the elevators, you will have more people traffic past your cabin.  Noise will depend on the people on your sailing and whether they are courteous when they walk by your cabin.

We have had many cabins near the elevators and for the most part, it wasn't an issue.  We find booking in that area to be very convenient.

We were recently on Liberty in an OS (1348) and other than an occasional random ring of our doorbell we had no noise issues. We always have cabins near midship elevators and I completely agree with the post above. No concerns.

We always book as close to an elevatore as possible and have done so on Liberty many times. We never have heard any sound from the elevator. As others mentioned they are a seperate area and so several walls between you and the elevator. 

33 minutes ago, LeeW said:

It's the people yelling down the halls, not the elevator itself. 

And it's the people that let their cabin door SLAM.

• Like 3

On 4/26/2024 at 11:15 AM, LeeW said:

It's the people yelling down the halls, not the elevator itself. 

On 4/26/2024 at 11:50 AM, Ashland said:

And it's the people that let their cabin door SLAM.

Yelling and door slamming can occur anywhere on the ship and is not necessarily a concern exclusive to the elevator bank areas.  Although that area is a public area and there are those (children in particular in our experience) who may be at fault with not being as quiet as they should be. But IMO that is random.

That being said, I also agree that these locations are quiet based on the hallway separating the elevator and stairwells and IMO are a preferred location based on the ease of getting to different ship decks.  In our experience these location have never been an issue on any ship.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Yelling and door slamming can occur anywhere on the ship and is not necessarily a concern exclusive to the elevator bank areas.  Although that area is a public area and there are those (children in particular in our experience) who may be at fault with not being as quiet as they should be. But IMO that is random.

That being said, I also agree that these locations are quiet based on the hallway separating the elevator and stairwells and IMO are a preferred location based on the ease of getting to different ship decks.  In our experience these location have never been an issue on any ship.

I was merely adding to LeeW's post. Of course I agree door slamming happens everywhere. It seems to be something that many don't realize their doing it.

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

I was merely adding to LeeW's post. Of course I agree door slamming happens everywhere. It seems to be something that many don't realize their doing it.

I realized that and was commenting only as a general response to those who may think that is something more common to the elevator and stairwell areas.

And to you point, aside from general hard door closings, many people don't realize that having your balcony door open will create just the differential in air pressure to result in a definite entry door slam!

• Like 1

As others have mentioned, being near an elevator you will not hear the elevator itself but moreso (if anything ) the foot traffic that passes by your door more frequently in that location. On many ships, suites are in those locations so it can’t be that noisy. Otherwise there would be some major complaints for spending that much money on a suite only to have noise outside your cabin 

Edited by The Fun Researcher

39 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

As others have mentioned, being near an elevator you will not hear the elevator itself but moreso (if anything ) the foot traffic that passes by your door more frequently in that location.

Unless it's children running hard we have not heard an increase in foot traffic being near that location.  I don't disagree that everyone with staterooms in you hallway using the elevators will pass by your stateroom, but the staterooms are insulated well enough that we have not heard them walking by. If you think about it, everyone in a given hallway walks by many staterooms every day without causing a noise issue.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Unless it's children running hard we have not heard an increase in foot traffic being near that location.  I don't disagree that everyone with staterooms in you hallway using the elevators will pass by your stateroom, but the staterooms are insulated well enough that we have not heard them walking by. If you think about it, everyone in a given hallway walks by many staterooms every day without causing a noise issue.

Not disagreeing.

There are cabin locations that have far less foot traffic past them, so have less chance of hallway noise.  For example, far forward, far aft, or a middle hallway for inside cabins.   Those cabins have far less chance of folks walking by.

I'm not saying there are problems, in general, with cabins by the elevators.  It does increase the risk of hearing people being loud just because more folks are passing my your cabin door.

For instance, take deck 8 forward on the Liberty for example.  Cabin 8244 will have FAR more foot traffic past it than 8214 since everyone going to their cabins both forward and aft will be passing by coming from the stairs and elevators.   8214 will have hardly any foot traffic since there are only a few cabins forward of it, so no reason to pass by

image.png.93cf8ee155bbeb39ac0673f0cf645559.png

2 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Not disagreeing.

There are cabin locations that have far less foot traffic past them, so have less chance of hallway noise.  For example, far forward, far aft, or a middle hallway for inside cabins.   Those cabins have far less chance of folks walking by.

For instance, take deck 8 forward on the Liberty for example.  Cabin 8244 will have FAR more foot traffic past it than 8214 since everyone going to their cabins both forward and aft will be passing by coming from the stairs and elevators.   8214 will have hardly any foot traffic since there are only a few cabins forward of it, so no reason to pass by

Not disagreeing either as we have also stayed in those locations you reference as well as many other locations over the years.  My point is the elevator bank locations are very convenient vs the far forward or far aft in terms of getting to the other ship decks.  And in our experience we've not had noise issues resulting from people walking by and feel that is a preferred location. In fact often "hump" and central elevator locations are at a premium fare for that reason. JMO

• Like 1