Booked first MSC cruise - Interior YC on Seaside

rodndonna

Title pretty much says it all ...

We have spent the last couple of years cruise line sampling managing HAL, Celebrity, Princess and NCL. Time to try MSC!

So - we just booked our first MSC cruise on the Seaside for late next March. Nabbed the last interior YC cabin available 😏

We generally sail insides but have been known to splurge on Aft balconies. Hummed and hawed over Premium Aurea aft wraparound cabin (non-YC) or interior YC cabin with comparable cost. Really wanted to try YC (although I expect we would be content without) so going tat route.

Also hummed and hawed over Seaside or Seascape. Seaside had and extra port day (Nassau - no big draw - but I believe we are in the minority who have never actually been to Nassau!). Also thought Seaside "might" be a slightly better YC experience as there seem to be less YC cabins on that ship.

Anyway, we've pulled the trigger so can look forward to finding out what MSC (and YC) are all about 😀

Our first YC sailing was an interior on the Meraviglia.  Loved, loved, loved it.

We just did the Deluxe Balcony and although the cabin was larger with more storage and a great bathroom/shower, if we do YC again, it will be with the interior.  Once your in the YC, nobody cares what you paid....service was wonderful!

Enjoy........

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Sounds like  you've done your homework and made a very good choice!  You realize you can never go back once you've experienced YC.  

We broke our rule of testing cruises at the lowest grade - standard interior (with drink, wifi etc).  Was just too hard to pass up testing the YC experience for the price point. 😎

2 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Our first YC sailing was an interior on the Meraviglia.  Loved, loved, loved it.

We just did the Deluxe Balcony and although the cabin was larger with more storage and a great bathroom/shower, if we do YC again, it will be with the interior.  Once your in the YC, nobody cares what you paid....service was wonderful!

Enjoy........

Thanks Tabby, I read your thread about your experiences with YC (interior and balcony) and that was part of our decision to give it a try with the (last remaining) inside cabin. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

We broke our rule of testing cruises at the lowest grade - standard interior (with drink, wifi etc).  Was just too hard to pass up testing the YC experience for the price point. 😎

Thanks Tabby, I read your thread about your experiences with YC (interior and balcony) and that was part of our decision to give it a try with the (last remaining) inside cabin. 

Our initial decision to try YC was the price...cost of NCL balcony (no drinks/no wifi) was just a few dollars less than the YC interior  (DH was recovering from surgery and really needed the butler/pampering)....so it was a no brainer.

The YC (at least in the Meraviglia) has a dedicated elevator; you can go from cabin to YC pool deck in about a minute....no need for a balcony. 

Prepared to be spoiled!

• Like 1

We had our first Yacht Club experience in an Interior Cabin on Seashore (after 12+ MSC sailings) a couple weeks ago, loved it, was very surprised at how spacious cabin was and the amount of storage, lots of drawers, and enough closet space, and then there’s the whole Yacht Club thing. Enjoyed it so much booked Seascape shortly after getting home for husband’s bday in November when I saw a couple Yacht Club Interiors still sitting there. Be forewarned, it’s addictive. 

• Like 3

YC is a lovely experience, I’m sure you will enjoy it.

Because of the amazing YC public areas we hardly spend any time in our cabin so nab a YC inside when we can, not always possible as they go fast.

Just for information the insides are small and little short on space for storage so we usually take some magnets for extra hanging space and  lightweight collapsible boxes to store things like shoes. There is a useful space under the two chairs that takes a 10 by 10 by 10 box which you hide all sorts of bits and bobs in (if the sizing is the same on your ship, we have only been on Virtuosa and Euribea). Packing cubes are handy as well for the high top shelf.

As others have said, you will get hooked on the YC.

• Thanks 1

A Caribbean cruise in the Yacht Club is one of the few (only?) sailings where I would book an inside cabin.  With the lovely YC pool area just steps away, I never feel the desire to spend time on a balcony.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

Oops! Will they raise prices?

MSC isn't a charity/non-profit, they will charge what the market will bear and with rampant inflation, they will charge what they have to to maintain margin.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mnocket said:

A Caribbean cruise in the Yacht Club is one of the few (only?) sailings where I would book an inside cabin.  With the lovely YC pool area just steps away, I never feel the desire to spend time on a balcony.

That is a good point. As we often sail insides, we normally do "try" to locate ourselves closest to an outdoor space we think we would frequent. 

It seems with the YC insides, all cabins are very close to nice public areas and outdoor spaces which works well since we had no choice in cabin (only 1 left) 😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bead Pirate said:

Promise that you will write a review after the cruise that says, "it was terrible".

No sense in telling the truth and having more folks after our precious YC turf 🙂 

For sure, ha, particularly our precious YC “Interior Cabin” turf!

• Haha 1

I did want to add a further comment about storage in YC Interiors. I had read so much about these cabins prior to cruising on the Seashore and there were many comments on shortage of storage. So I was really very pleasantly surprised at the amount of storage, drawers and closet space, on the Seashore. All this to say, it is quite likely that YC Interior Cabin storage varies from class to class on the ships. 

• Thanks 1