Semi-Live Voyager for 33 nights beginning May 1, 2024

So sorry about your friend. I understand how hard it was for you to stay any longer than you did. It is never easy.  I was on Explorer 5/25-6/1 and did same ports as you did.  Our day in Santorini was similar except we had dinner reservations at a lovely restaurant in Fira.  I had mussels for my dinner and they were yummy.  We didn’t have calamari.  We ended up walking down the donkey path too instead of waiting in line.  Even though our ship was there from 2-11, the day felt rushed cause we got a late tender ticket.  Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Like 1

Yes. We keep looking at the other house camera and see how tall the weeds have gotten. The deer just aren't doing their jobs. And we haven't been up there since September. We've been way too busy packing and renovating this house. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got to clean the boat too.  So many chores so little time to do them all.  This is the price paid for being “home” for less than a month this year.  Rodrhi started going nuts about 6AM barking and wanting out.  So, I let him out the back door, and I could hear something rubbing against the sun room, Rodrhi, knew he was supposed to save us.  Turns out it was a large box turtle dragging against the wood siding.  Rodrhi about tore the fence down trying to get at it.  Hopefully, we can get out on the water, weather is perfect today supposed to be a high of 80 with sunny skies.  

JC

• Like 3

On 6/3/2024 at 1:20 PM, RocCruisers said:

We got off Explorer on May 25 in Ravenna.  We pre-purchased the transfer to Bologna train station for $30us pp. That day, there were three different departure tag numbers that went there at 7:15, 8:15 or 9:30.  

Do either of you still have the sheet with all the departure times and destinations please?  A friend wants to know what time the earliest flight from VCE is allowed? Thanks. 

So there were six (6) buses/tags that went to Marco airport. 6:30, 7:15, 8:00, 8:00, 8:30, 8:30, and 9:50.  The 6:30 was for tags 1 and 2.  9:50 was in the last group off the ship.  

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/11/2024 at 11:35 PM, RocCruisers said:

So there were six (6) buses/tags that went to Marco airport. 6:30, 7:15, 8:00, 8:00, 8:30, 8:30, and 9:50.  The 6:30 was for tags 1 and 2.  9:50 was in the last group off the ship.  

Great!

do you have the times/prices of shuttle Ravenna railway station 🚉 too please? 

Edited by little britain

10 minutes ago, little britain said:

Great!

do you have the times/prices of shuttle Ravenna railway station 🚉 too please? 

I got off Explorer on June 1 in Ravenna and took the bus to Ravenna station.  It was $12 pp and you can choose from different times depending on your train.  We picked the 10am shuttle for an 11:30 train and had plenty of time.  You will also get your luggage tag to coincide so our was 34 and our departure was 9:30.  It was easy peasy!

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

I got off Explorer on June 1 in Ravenna and took the bus to Ravenna station.  It was $12 pp and you can choose from different times depending on your train.  We picked the 10am shuttle for an 11:30 train and had plenty of time.  You will also get your luggage tag to coincide so our was 34 and our departure was 9:30.  It was easy peasy!

Is the bus trip about 15 mins into Ravenna? 

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Is the bus trip about 15 mins into Ravenna? 

Yeah about that.  It is really not far.  The train station is easy too, not that big.  

• Thanks 1

Another thread, I just read about the WJ, reminded me of the horrible behavior of passengers on the TA portion of the cruise.  

I typically eat lots of meats and starches in WJ, or my preferred buy painful line of fresh stir fry.  After I tend to go find fruit instead of dessert.  One day in the middle of the Atlantic they were serving fresh papaya….  (Sorry if I mentioned this previous, but it really amazed me)… there were passengers scooping entire plates full of it.  I buy papayas occassionally, and I am always a bit cautious about exactly what I bought.  My experience is that less than half of the papayas in my grocery stores are actually good to eat, most are a bit ugh…

So, I am watching the plates of food going off one after another, while I wait.  Not wanting to throw a plate of papaya in the trash, I took a couple of small slices.  Sure enough, ugh.

People are stupid.

Not meaning to stereotype, but the ones taking platefuls all looked somewhat similar.  Sorry lord bless the pygmies in New Guinea.

jc

9 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Another thread, I just read about the WJ, reminded me of the horrible behavior of passengers on the TA portion of the cruise.  

I typically eat lots of meats and starches in WJ, or my preferred buy painful line of fresh stir fry.  After I tend to go find fruit instead of dessert.  One day in the middle of the Atlantic they were serving fresh papaya….  (Sorry if I mentioned this previous, but it really amazed me)… there were passengers scooping entire plates full of it.  I buy papayas occassionally, and I am always a bit cautious about exactly what I bought.  My experience is that less than half of the papayas in my grocery stores are actually good to eat, most are a bit ugh…

So, I am watching the plates of food going off one after another, while I wait.  Not wanting to throw a plate of papaya in the trash, I took a couple of small slices.  Sure enough, ugh.

People are stupid.

Not meaning to stereotype, but the ones taking platefuls all looked somewhat similar.  Sorry lord bless the pygmies in New Guinea.

jc

I've never understood the folks that take heaps of bacon as if it is some sort of delicacy. I always have visions of plaques forming in their arteries as they shovel the stuff into their mouths.

• Like 1