How is the Eclipse Holding Up?

We booked the Eclipse (primarily for itinerary). We have been on Solstice twice, Reflection once and Equinox as well.

Have been reading the reviews of Eclipse and they are quite varied from 2 stars to 4 stars. I know not everyone leaves a comment and many are reviewing just to complain.

Are the reviews based on service? Food or the ship in general?

Service, on all cruise lines is not the same as before. Sign of the times unfortunately.

Food, well, that is the most debated (and heated sometimes LOL) topic on these forums on all lines. No shopping, no cooking, no cleaning up is all fine for me 🙂

So, that leaves the ship itself. Is it old? Rusty? Dirty? Falling apart? Furniture bad?

Is the ship still nice?

19 minutes ago, pete_coach said:

We booked the Eclipse (primarily for itinerary). We have been on Solstice twice, Reflection once and Equinox as well.

Have been reading the reviews of Eclipse and they are quite varied from 2 stars to 4 stars. I know not everyone leaves a comment and many are reviewing just to complain.

Service, on all cruise lines is not the same as before. Sign of the times unfortunately.

Food, well, that is the most debated (and heated sometimes LOL) topic on these forums on all lines. No shopping, no cooking, no cleaning up is all fine for me 🙂

So, that leaves the ship itself. Is it old? Rusty? Dirty? Falling apart? Furniture bad?

Is the ship still nice?

When is your cruise on Eclipse?

I was on the Eclipse in October 2023 and thought she was in great shape, other than the normal wear and tear on a ~15 year old ship. The crew was great, as always, and we can overlook a bit of rust and wear here and there!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Beachlover1989 said:

When is your cruise on Eclipse?

January.

We finally got the whole clan together (well, a dozen anyway) after many decades and separated by a nation LOL

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cameronp12 said:

I was on the Eclipse in October 2023 and thought she was in great shape, other than the normal wear and tear on a ~15 year old ship. The crew was great, as always, and we can overlook a bit of rust and wear here and there!

Thanks.

5 hours ago, pete_coach said:

Is the ship still nice?

I was just on Eclipse last week (13 nights around South America) and overall I thought the ship was in excellent condition.

A few lower windows in the forward facing Sky Lounge had lost their inert gas and had become cloudy.

My Balcony cabin 1289 was in good condition except 1 drawer that didn’t close all the way.

With Celebrity spending big on its new ships it’s not surprising they are not paying attention to all the details of the older ships.

The Crew onboard Eclipse are great and the Activities staff are top notch.

I don’t grade food and entertainment as there seems to be a lot of opinions about those .

I will say that I had a great Cruise and many onboard were doing multiple B2B2B’s all the way to New Jersey so that’s a positive?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Here a live trip report on a back to back 

maybe ask here 

I believe Jim and Iain are on Solstice.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, D. B. said:

I was just on Eclipse last week (13 nights around South America) and overall I thought the ship was in excellent condition.

A few lower windows in the forward facing Sky Lounge had lost their inert gas and had become cloudy.

My Balcony cabin 1289 was in good condition except 1 drawer that didn’t close all the way.

With Celebrity spending big on its new ships it’s not surprising they are not paying attention to all the details of the older ships.

The Crew onboard Eclipse are great and the Activities staff are top notch.

I don’t grade food and entertainment as there seems to be a lot of opinions about those .

I will say that I had a great Cruise and many onboard were doing multiple B2B2B’s all the way to New Jersey so that’s a positive?

Great to hear. Thanks a lot.

I was on it 4 months ago. I thought it was quite nice.  One bad drawer in the cabin.  It’s my favorite ship now.  We’ll see what I think after Millie.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pete_coach said:

Is the ship still nice?

When are you sailing in January?  We are on Eclipse from January 20 through February 8 (b2b).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, baypeople said:

When are you sailing in January?  We are on Eclipse from January 20 through February 8 (b2b).

02 January till 12 January.  Aruba, Curacao and Bonairre with Grand Cayman thrown in . Been on Caribbean cruises a lot and those are 3 places we have not seen.

I was on Eclipse in March, and thought it was in great shape. Yes, there is some wear and tear, but everything is clean and maintained. The Captain told us the ship will go into dry dock next year for its required five year checkup. He didn’t say, but I think  some things like carpets and upholstery will be refreshed.  
To be honest, nothing really bothered me except maybe the lumpy too-used chairs in Al Bacio, but I too used them. 

The service was exceptional, and the senior officers were available and approachable. I would happily sail on her again, and I will in October when she transitions to the Caribbean from Boston. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pete_coach said:

02 January till 12 January.  Aruba, Curacao and Bonairre with Grand Cayman thrown in . Been on Caribbean cruises a lot and those are 3 places we have not seen.

We will board on January 20.

• Like 1

I just got off the Eclipse and I thought it was great! The reviews I read prior to boarding weren't fantastic and I was a bit apprehensive about it, but the ship was lovely. We stayed in the Celebrity Suite and I have zero complaints about the room. Really, I have zero complaints about the entire ship - everything I saw was in nice condition. Service and food was great as well. If you like the itinerary, stick with it! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keysey222 said:

I just got off the Eclipse and I thought it was great! The reviews I read prior to boarding weren't fantastic and I was a bit apprehensive about it, but the ship was lovely. We stayed in the Celebrity Suite and I have zero complaints about the room. Really, I have zero complaints about the entire ship - everything I saw was in nice condition. Service and food was great as well. If you like the itinerary, stick with it! 

IO am glad to hear you say that.

I too read reviews that wee far from glowing but attribute it to people overestimating what they were getting (or not getting).

• 2 weeks later...

I board her on May 26th.......2 weeks from Sunday😃 I plan on having a wonderful time😃

• Like 2

We were on her last September and a month later on the Silhouette and recently got off the Reflection. I would say that the Eclipse felt a little worn out (furnishings/curtains etc) compared to the Silhouette and the Reflection. In how the ship itself was, I would rank them 1. Silhouette,  2. Reflection, 3. Eclipse. We have not been on an e class ship yet, so that experience might make Eclipse seem old and tired out?