Royalty Up - first timer questions

We are on Anthem out of Southampton Sunday week, the 19th.

We are D+ but returning for first time after covid, so not up to date with new situations. We were invited to bid for upgrades a few months ago from our balcony cabin, so I have put in low bids for large balcony, junior suite and sky suite.

I keep checking our bid’s status which keep showing “submitted “.   My question, what happens next and when?  Will we get a yes/ no at some point (if so when?) or will bid just disappear?

3 minutes ago, scottie99 said:

We are D+ but returning for first time after covid, so not up to date with new situations. We were invited to bid for upgrades a few months ago from our balcony cabin, so I have put in low bids for large balcony, junior suite and sky suite.

I keep checking our bid’s status which keep showing “submitted “.   My question, what happens next and when?  Will we get a yes/ no at some point (if so when?) or will bid just disappear?

Could be anytime up until 7pm the day you board the ship.  Very few bids are actually accepted as the ships are now sailing full and bids are just covering last minute cancellations.  

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You get a denial email, likely the day before sailing,

Or by 9:00 PM embarkation day. 😉🤣

Oops, guess @Ourusualbeach already pointed out the late notification time

Edited by RobInMN

2 hours ago, scottie99 said:

You'll eventually get a "pending" status if it goes through and then a day after that you get the email that your bid was accepted. We found out 30 days before our sailing that our bid had been accepted. 

We have 3 bids in for upgrades to a Junior Suite, a 1 bedroom Grand Suite or a 1 bedroom Owners Suite on the Mariner out of Galveston next Monday, the 13th.  Our low bids are still shown as "submitted".  I'm fine with our spacious balcony but it's fun just to see if we get a "Royal Up"!!  

59 minutes ago, livetravelcruise07 said:

You'll eventually get a "pending" status if it goes through and then a day after that you get the email that your bid was accepted. We found out 30 days before our sailing that our bid had been accepted. 

"Pending" doesn't mean it will definitely go through. I had a pending once, that never happened. Got the denial about 9:00 PM embarkation night. 

6 hours ago, RobInMN said:

"Pending" doesn't mean it will definitely go through. I had a pending once, that never happened. Got the denial about 9:00 PM embarkation night. 

Exactly. Pending just means a bid hasn’t been rejected yet, which many are quite early on if they’re too low and it’s obvious they haven’t got a chance.

Pending bids are still in with a chance right up until departure depending on last minute cancellations and no-shows. But if it turns out there are no cabins or suites left to upgrade to, they’ll be rejected eventually.

10 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

Exactly. Pending just means a bid hasn’t been rejected yet, which many are quite early on if they’re too low and it’s obvious they haven’t got a chance.

Pending bids are still in with a chance right up until departure depending on last minute cancellations and no-shows. But if it turns out there are no cabins or suites left to upgrade to, they’ll be rejected eventually.

I was just saying how my experience was with the "pending" status 😊 Obviously anything can happen, but that's what happened with mine and how I got upgraded. 

36 minutes ago, Candleonwater said:

DD received her rejection email about 30 days before her cruise. It all depends on how full the ship is. Her email arrived the same day her ship showed as sold out.

That is the exception - most get the denial email very close to sailing, even if the ship is sold out.

• Like 1

I have only bid twice, but got the upgrade both times.  The first time in 2021 the bid went from submitted to pending while the others expired and stayed that way for a few days before getting the upgrade about two and a half weeks out.  For our sailing this month the bids all showed as submitted until exactly two weeks out then one went to upgraded and the others expired without any going to pending.  

We sail next Monday, the 13th, and all three of our bids are still showing "submitted" and our sailing has been sold out for several weeks.  You never know what is going on behind the scenes!!  We'll see.....

9 hours ago, Candleonwater said:

DD received her rejection email about 30 days before her cruise. It all depends on how full the ship is. Her email arrived the same day her ship showed as sold out.

That’s unusual timing for a rejection.  On the have had bids cancelled in that timeframe when our gty cabin was assigned.  We were able to re-enter bids.  

14 hours ago, RNCindy said:

We sail next Monday, the 13th, and all three of our bids are still showing "submitted" and our sailing has been sold out for several weeks.  You never know what is going on behind the scenes!!  We'll see.....

I also leave Monday and, like you, our bids still read "submitted".   Not optimistic here, but happy with the cabin we have already booked if it does not work out...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, grest said:

I also leave Monday and, like you, our bids still read "submitted".   Not optimistic here, but happy with the cabin we have already booked if it does not work out...

Yes, we are happy with ours, too.  But, it never hurts to bid UP!!  Good luck!!

For our third try, we received our acceptance 4 days prior to sailing (JS to GS).  Our two previous bids on other sailings were not accepted, and we actually received the rejection emails after sailaway.  I've heard tell of people who are informed while onboard and already unpacked in their original booked cabin! It is still possible for you.

• Like 2