*LIVE* NCL Joy Bermuda 7-nite sailing from NYC in HAVEN-06/16/2024-w/pics

On 6/10/2024 at 4:34 PM, graphicguy said:

Thanks everyone.  Y'all are kind.  Made it through the weekend without "gettin' killed or caught"!

My friends took me to a bar that purports to have the biggest selection of bourbons in the world.  This is probably 1/10th of what they had....

Image.jpeg

What bar and where, please

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JIMESOPUS said:

@graphicguy Just an FYI - O Canada may be in your future

bermuda.png

My area in South Florida on Collins Avenue looks like a river. Been raining for days and not out of the woods yet. That might be the disturbance headed toward Bermuda but hoping not.

1 hour ago, JIMESOPUS said:

@graphicguy Just an FYI - O Canada may be in your future

bermuda.png

Wait...what??? Guess I'd better stop watching Bridgerton and start looking at the weather report. I did pack an umbrella but other than that, only island clothes. 

• Like 1

Weather's looking good for sailaway...

Sun 16 | Day

77°

1%
E 6 mph

Generally sunny despite a few afternoon clouds. High 77F. Winds light and variable.

• Humidity43%
  • UV Index9 of 11
  • Sunrise5:24 am
  • Sunset8:29 pm

Sun 16 | Night

64°

7%
S 6 mph

Mostly clear skies. Low 64F. Winds light and variable.

• Humidity69%
  • UV Index0 of 11
  • Moonrise3:19 pm
    Waxing Gibbous
  • Moonset1:54 am
  • Like 8

Bon Voyage and air travel should be fine too. Wish you a safe trip. 

Seas outside & inside the reef channel increasing by Wednesday but nothing serious, maybe little choppy inbound for Dockyard, just the kind of Bermuda crossing to be expected. No gale force cross wind and or huge waves that Joy can't sail thru or around ... from the Windy app.

https://weather.bm/ForecastMarineExtended.asp

15 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Bon Voyage and air travel should be fine too. Wish you a safe trip. 

Seas outside & inside the reef channel increasing by Wednesday but nothing serious, maybe little choppy inbound for Dockyard, just the kind of Bermuda crossing to be expected. No gale force cross wind and or huge waves that Joy can't sail thru or around ... from the Windy app.

https://weather.bm/ForecastMarineExtended.asp

Thanks!

I always expect some chop in the Atlantic.  So, nothing that would surprise me.

Looks to be smooth flight and sailing.  

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Weather's looking good for sailaway...

Sun 16 | Day

77°

1%
E 6 mph

Generally sunny despite a few afternoon clouds. High 77F. Winds light and variable.

• Humidity43%
  • UV Index9 of 11
  • Sunrise5:24 am
  • Sunset8:29 pm

Sun 16 | Night

64°

7%
S 6 mph

Mostly clear skies. Low 64F. Winds light and variable.

• Humidity69%
  • UV Index0 of 11
  • Moonrise3:19 pm
    Waxing Gibbous
  • Moonset1:54 am

Going to be hot as hell when you get back Lol

• Haha 2

So, just got the 2nd safety letter of the week..  I know...dial 9-1-1 for emergencies, this is the way you put on your life vest, here's the whistle, go to your muster station.......etc, etc, etc.

Wonder how many more of these I'll get before we are actually on our way? 😉

Norwegian Cruise Line

Jun 14, 2024

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

We are delighted you will join us onboard Norwegian Joy very soon.

We are doing everything we can to make your experience truly spectacular. To that end, we are requiring all guests to re-watch the pre-boarding safety video, which you first viewed during online check-in, before you set sail. This will ensure a smooth embarkation process at the pier. The video can be found here.

We appreciate your cooperation and we look forward to welcoming you aboard!

Katty Byrd,

Senior Vice President, Guest Services

• Like 2

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

So, just got the 2nd safety letter of the week..  I know...dial 9-1-1 for emergencies, this is the way you put on your life vest, here's the whistle, go to your muster station.......etc, etc, etc.

Wonder how many more of these I'll get before we are actually on our way? 😉

Norwegian Cruise Line

Jun 14, 2024

We are doing everything we can to make your experience truly spectacular. To that end, we are requiring all guests to re-watch the pre-boarding safety video, which you first viewed during online check-in, before you set sail. This will ensure a smooth embarkation process at the pier. The video can be found here.

Katty Byrd,

Just got my 2nd one too.

Bags are packed, sitting by the front door. Heading to the airport in about 2 hours for my overnight in Denver. Leave there tomorrow morning at 6am, arrive in LGA before noon. Looking forward to spending some time in the Big Apple. Weather looks great for both Saturday and Sunday. Can't wait for the sailaway. See you soon!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, debenson0723 said:

Just got my 2nd one too.

Bags are packed, sitting by the front door. Heading to the airport in about 2 hours for my overnight in Denver. Leave there tomorrow morning at 6am, arrive in LGA before noon. Looking forward to spending some time in the Big Apple. Weather looks great for both Saturday and Sunday. Can't wait for the sailaway. See you soon!

Yep…looking forward to it.

Got my banquet tomorrow night.  Something tells me there will be some partying tomorrow night with family and old friends I haven’t seen in a while.

Probably won’t get much sleep tomorrow night and will be feeling “froggy” getting up at 4:30 a.m. Sunday.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/15/2024 at 12:25 PM, graphicguy said:

Preparing you in advance to allow all the ammunition to be loaded for this post.

I'M FLYING IN THE DAY OF THE CRUISE!

There, got that mentioned up front.

The method to the madness.....a long, long, long time ago, I played baseball for my high school....a 1B to be exact....and sometimes right fielder.  I lettered and started on the team 3 years.  In my mind, I was nothing exceptional in my own mind.  They threw or hit it to me, and I caught it.  They threw it to me, and I hit it...sometimes really, really hard.  That's it.

However, the powers that be must think that was a worthy accomplishment as they are inducting me into my High School's Athletic Hall of Fame.  Only thing I can figure would be either my team mates have moved, or are dead.  Took them a while to get to my name.

Anyway, there's a point to this.  The induction ceremony is the evening of June 15th.  We sail on June 16th.  I could skip the ceremony, but wouldn't that be in poor taste?  They went to all the trouble and I didn't show up?  There are others who are being inducted, too.  But, I kind of really want to go.  

It's settled.  I'm flying in the day of the cruise.

Made my own reservations, as this is tricky enough without NCL adding a layer of complexity by booking through them.

Moreover, my preferred airline, Delta, has 2 other flights later that will get me to Pier 88 one time.  Plus, if I want to go from Cincinnati to JFK or EWR, there are 2 other flights that will get me there on time.  Or, American Airlines has 2 more into LGA that will get me there on time.  In short, I have backups on top of back ups if something goes amiss on my scheduled flight.

IMG_3303.PNG

Just seeing all this now and working my way to catching up. If you had come in a day early (today) I could have taken you to the Mets game with us. We still have about 4 extra tickets in our account we can't give away because they suck so bad.

Next time fly into JFK and your NY bagel and coffee is on me. Depending on traffic I'm about 15-20 mins from JFK. Enjoy the trip!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Just seeing all this now and working my way to catching up. If you had come in a day early (today) I could have taken you to the Mets game with us. We still have about 4 extra tickets in our account we can't give away because they suck so bad.

Next time fly into JFK and your NY bagel and coffee is on me. Depending on traffic I'm about 15-20 mins from JFK. Enjoy the trip!

What an extraordinary offer.  That is so nice!

The Mets had two of my favorite players at one time.  Johnny Franco and Tom Seaver!

• Like 3

So, here's safety vid reminder #3...

Norwegian Cruise Line

Jun 15, 2024

Katty Byrd,

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

@graphicguy We met Katty Byrd last year, and she apologized for those emails which she claims she has no control over.

Yeah…but her name is in the letters.  I’m sure if she said they should only send out one per passenger, that’s exactly what would happen.  One 15 second email internally I’m sure would do the trick!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I can now confirm that I shall be sailing with @graphicguy and @debenson0723 on the Joy tomorrow. Consider yourself @schmoopie17ed.

The solo supplement dropped last week but the only availability was an Inside GTY (Category IF) and I was just assigned a cabin on Deck 11.

The Category IF designation is appropriate because you can only board the ship IF NCL assigns you a stateroom. That seems whimsical but I was up for the adventure. There was always a possibility that the cruise would be oversold so I did not want to count my chicks before they hatch.

Let the celebrations begin!

P.S. I am totally ignoring the windy conditions for Wednesday and Thursday. 🫣

• Like 9
  • Haha 8