*LIVE* NCL Joy Bermuda 7-nite sailing from NYC in HAVEN-06/16/2024-w/pics

23 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Yep…looking forward to it.

Got my banquet tomorrow night.  Something tells me there will be some partying tomorrow night with family and old friends I haven’t seen in a while.

Probably won’t get much sleep tomorrow night and will be feeling “froggy” getting up at 4:30 a.m. Sunday.  

@graphicguy have a wonderful time tonight. Looking forward to hearing about your extraordinary evening. Please do pack the crown that they give you at the ceremony. It can double as your birthday crown for your birthday cruise.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I can now confirm that I shall be sailing with @graphicguy and @debenson0723 on the Joy tomorrow. Consider yourself @schmoopie17ed.

The solo supplement dropped last week but the only availability was an Inside GTY (Category IF) and I was just assigned a cabin on Deck 11.

The Category IF designation is appropriate because you can only board the ship IF NCL assigns you a stateroom. That seems whimsical but I was up for the adventure. There was always a possibility that the cruise would be oversold so I did not want to count my chicks before they hatch.

Let the celebrations begin!

P.S. I am totally ignoring the windy conditions for Wednesday and Thursday. 🫣

You just made my day! See you tomorrow. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, debenson0723 said:

Landed at LGA before noon, car service sent a nice black Cadillac Escalade for pick up. Now waiting on pizza for lunch. @Sailing12Awaywe were talking about going to see the Mets. Citifield is one of the few MLB stadiums I haven't been to. Next time!

We've been to about half of them, and Citi is one of our favorites. San Diego beats it for their gardens and craft beer options though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I can now confirm that I shall be sailing with @graphicguy and @debenson0723 on the Joy tomorrow. Consider yourself @schmoopie17ed.

The solo supplement dropped last week but the only availability was an Inside GTY (Category IF) and I was just assigned a cabin on Deck 11.

The Category IF designation is appropriate because you can only board the ship IF NCL assigns you a stateroom. That seems whimsical but I was up for the adventure. There was always a possibility that the cruise would be oversold so I did not want to count my chicks before they hatch.

Let the celebrations begin!

This is so cool.  We're going to have some fun.

5:30 p.m. tomorrow at the outside Cavern Club bar.

I'll be the one with the bloodshot eyes.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

... solo supplement dropped last week but the only availability was an Inside GTY (Category IF) and I was just assigned a cabin on Deck 11.

Nice & congrats ... and have a great, wonderful time for the week ahead in cooler weather.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Nice & congrats ... and have a great, wonderful time for the week ahead in cooler weather.  

Thank you. Stay safe during the heatwave. I don't have a cutting edge water sprinkling system like you so I hope my plants will survive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Joy is in a  😁  hurry, racing at 22 kn w Celebrity ahead but slower ... that's not good to sail & sustain unless there's an emergency onboard for another ultra early arrival, ETA 05:30 ( I say closer to 06:00 to 06:30)   Right whales getting the alert ??? to get out of the way & yield 🫢 

Screenshot_20240615-221341.thumb.png.dd57a051fc9a22f9952ed05d2e5e1861.png

QM2 leaving Red Hook and Royal's LOS heading to Dockyard while MSC Meravigila is heading toward NY as well - busy busy 😎 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Joy is in a  😁  hurry, racing at 22 kn w Celebrity ahead but slower ... that's not good to sail & sustain unless there's an emergency onboard for another ultra early arrival, ETA 05:30 ( I say closer to 06:00 to 06:30)   Right whales getting the alert ??? to get out of the way & yield 🫢 

Screenshot_20240615-221341.thumb.png.dd57a051fc9a22f9952ed05d2e5e1861.png

QM2 leaving Red Hook and Royal's LOS heading to Dockyard while MSC Meravigila is heading toward NY as well - busy busy 😎 

There was a medical call yesterday afternoon, but we haven’t heard anything yet since. I know we were very slow yesterday because the winds were bad, so they kept our cruising speed to a minimum so we could all enjoy outside. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Aloha. Have been blessed to sail Bermuda countless times since 1971. It is one of our favorite places to visit and would regularly weekend there over the years. We now divide our time between NY and Hawaii. I would suggest you try their fish chowder and add their malt vinegar! Have a wonderful voyage. It is the best time of year to visit. Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful as the sun come up 🛳️ 

Screenshot_20240616-052125.thumb.png.ad2f34c087e48bd090a92f0bd1e22e28.png

Express walk-off get underway already as expected 

Screenshot_20240616-082156.thumb.png.208a547b4511c82033735ccab01498cb.png

Flightaware showing flight ops on time at all 3 local airports, good 👍 for traveling.  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

We are on the ground….about 30 minutes early…disembark the plane, grab a coffee, maybe search out a  bagel.  I have some time to kill until 11:00- noon-ish

Hudson Bagel...... close to the pier

On 9th Ave between W 47th and W 48th

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

NCL bus transport from/to is $75 round trip.  Not the “arrive, get uber/taxi, drive to pier 88”

immediacy.  But, the price is right.  They NCL meet up area is at the bottom floor!

First buss leaves at 10:00…NOW!

IMG_3448.jpeg

IMG_3446.jpeg

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 9