Celebrity removes loungers from balcony?

11 minutes ago, lizinindy said:

On many of our cruises, I see multiple stacks of unused loungers as you enter the pool area from the buffet. Maybe we should just abscond with one, head down the elevator, and scurry to our cabin!

New meaning for a chair hog. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I have to add that it was mentioned in my conversation with Celebrity that loungers have been taken inside the cabins for whatever reason too.  Children are jumping on them, or using them inappropriately.  Maybe going from the bed to the lounger to the couch and back?  Instead of the shotgun approach, maybe deal with those who are causing the problem instead of punishing your loyal and new customers...just common sense.  Yes, I did say that!  For the prices Celebrity is charging, at least allow loungers on those cabins/suites that have balconies.  If safety is such a huge concern, maybe passengers should not even be allowed onboard, as there is furniture all over the ship...

so X ‘s reasoning is we all should do without because of a few?  I d like to know how they knew kids were jumping on them inside a cabin.  If they knew that, then parents should be accountable     Are they sure it isnt some hardy partiers that make the most of very short cruises doing the damage?

I think it is more of a 💰💰issue replacing. plus, remove and see if they get complaints 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I have to add that it was mentioned in my conversation with Celebrity that loungers have been taken inside the cabins for whatever reason too.  Children are jumping on them, or using them inappropriately.  Maybe going from the bed to the lounger to the couch and back?  Instead of the shotgun approach, maybe deal with those who are causing the problem instead of punishing your loyal and new customers...just common sense.  Yes, I did say that!  For the prices Celebrity is charging, at least allow loungers on those cabins/suites that have balconies.  If safety is such a huge concern, maybe passengers should not even be allowed onboard, as there is furniture all over the ship...

Children jump on the beds, too. So, should Celebrity remove the beds from the cabings. 

What about the chairs or sofa? They could stand on them and fall off. 

Lets get serious!!!!!  Celebrity needs to find better excuses to justify their redicilous reasons to justify cutbacks!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

First time sailing with X in 7 years......I have a suite and you can be sure if there is not a lounger on my balcony I will be telling them/asking them to please put one out there. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

First time sailing with X in 7 years......I have a suite and you can be sure if there is not a lounger on my balcony I will be telling them/asking them to please put one out there. 

It’s the first time we’ve been able to book the much coveted sunset veranda on Edge. We would be most disappointed if we were denied at least one lounger as this was one of the main reasons we booked this room. 
Hoping Celebrity will see sense in this matter. 

• Like 3

Both Sunset Suites and Sunset Veranda prices had gone up, up and up,  Those cabins are what we book because we want our own larger balcony and not the Infinite top window that slides down for a peek-a-boo look.  Nothing against people who love those IV’s, but those do not need a lounger at all.  Are suite and SV people the trouble makers because they are paying more, yet getting less, or is this unfair treatment a result of a lawsuit, clumsy people and/or unruly kids?  Just calling it a safety reason is way too general, not to mention quite absurd. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On a cruise I love to sit out on my balcony for hours relaxing, reading, etc..  I am Zenith so already have premium alcohol package so they actually save money when I am in my cabin and not out drinking!

I am furious with them for removing the footstools.  I am furious with them for replacing nice comfortable reclining chairs with uncomfortable cheap little chairs.  I am furious with them for taking away loungers.  Safety my you-know-what.  I had a stop recently next to the newest Royal floating city.  Guess what - there were footstools on many (all??) of the balconies.  So they're safe on Royal, which has tons more kids on it, but on Celebrity they are unsafe??  Do they think we are too old and feeble to know how to use them?  

This is getting absolutely ridiculous.  Cabin, and especially Suite prices are through the roof and they keep downgrading the experience with unbelievable "reasons"!  Where will it end?  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 5/14/2024 at 7:19 PM, Josie201 said:

Hmmmm.  Do we need to rise up on loungers as we did on cookies, vaping, Decoy wine , etc etc.  all decisions they reversed when we ‘protested’ en masse.  

We protested on cookies? And what is Decoy wine?

4 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

We protested on cookies? And what is Decoy wine?

they started charging $2 a cookie at El Bacio. Then they removed many wines and spirits out of premium package and moved cheaper products up from classic package to premium or charged extra. Decoy wine was one.  Now you get 1 lobster tail and charged extra if you wanted another ….and so on

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have a few cruises booked on X still when they had the $200 deposit onboard for Retreat. We started looking at other lines as X is getting silly. Coco Cay looks fun but I go on X so I don’t have to go there. They have the staff running around telling everyone it the passenger’s favorite port now! Trying hard to sell it and why not. They bring you to their island where everything costs and it’s all theirs. 
Speaking to others here in the retreat and everyone I have spoken to do not have loungers on their balcony. You have to request it now

so while onboard we booked cruises in other lines and are going to cancel the current X cruises we have booked. Personally we would rather lose $200 deposit and go on a line that gives what you pay for and not have to “request” everything. 
According to the staff on board X will look exactly like Royal soon. Oh and by the way all the other cruises we booked on other lines. Deposit 100% refundable up until final payment. And you don’t pay more for the refundable deposit!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Salf777 said:

We started looking at other lines as X is getting silly.

I agree, this is so silly. We were on Beyond in April in a sky suite and would have enjoyed the balcony so much more with loungers or at least footstools. This was our first X cruise so we didn't know that we could ask for them. Therefore, it's probably our last X cruise because as new, unsuspecting customers, I guess we are unimportant. Our suite also had the creaking and popping problem....so that's another story. 

2 hours ago, Salf777 said:

Personally we would rather lose $200 deposit and go on a line that gives what you pay for and not have to “request” everything.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Lois R said:

Same.  We just booked a Beyond Magic Carpet suite - and paid dearly for it - specifically for the ability to relax on 2 loungers on the balcony.  Fantastic.  

22 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

I ‘ve sent an email to executive offices about loungers being removed.  cookiegate  again

What email address?  I'm going to write too.  

Didn’t this whole topic first come out when Edge was launched.  No loungers in Sky Suites but the reality was all you had to do was ask?

20 minutes ago, Oville said:

Didn’t this whole topic first come out when Edge was launched.  No loungers in Sky Suites but the reality was all you had to do was ask?

Why should we have to ask?  Should we have to ask for towels?  Should we have to ask for sheets?  Should we have to ask for a TV?  A couch?  A bed?

These are premium cabins that come at a premium cost and should have premium amenities.  I don't even consider a lounger "premium" when you're talking about the upper level suites.  

As an aside, the loungers used to be nice ones, padded, with arms, etc.  Now we get the ones from the pool deck.  Fine for the pool with lots of splashing, people climbing over each other, and wet bathing suits.  Not all the comfortable for sitting on the verandah.  

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Salf777 said:

We have a few cruises booked on X still when they had the $200 deposit onboard for Retreat. We started looking at other lines as X is getting silly. Coco Cay looks fun but I go on X so I don’t have to go there. They have the staff running around telling everyone it the passenger’s favorite port now! Trying hard to sell it and why not. They bring you to their island where everything costs and it’s all theirs. 
Speaking to others here in the retreat and everyone I have spoken to do not have loungers on their balcony. You have to request it now

so while onboard we booked cruises in other lines and are going to cancel the current X cruises we have booked. Personally we would rather lose $200 deposit and go on a line that gives what you pay for and not have to “request” everything. 
According to the staff on board X will look exactly like Royal soon. Oh and by the way all the other cruises we booked on other lines. Deposit 100% refundable up until final payment. And you don’t pay more for the refundable deposit!

and the price with the refundable deposit option for 14-day cruise is $1,900 more pp (in Aqua)!!!  That's $1,000 more than a deposit!  To pay or not pay? - To over-pay $1,900 extra with the refundable deposit or lose $900 in case of canceling non-refundable?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ggo85 said:

Why should we have to ask?  Should we have to ask for towels?  Should we have to ask for sheets?  Should we have to ask for a TV?  A couch?  A bed?

These are premium cabins that come at a premium cost and should have premium amenities.  I don't even consider a lounger "premium" when you're talking about the upper level suites.  

As an aside, the loungers used to be nice ones, padded, with arms, etc.  Now we get the ones from the pool deck.  Fine for the pool with lots of splashing, people climbing over each other, and wet bathing suits.  Not all the comfortable for sitting on the verandah.  

I was just asking a question.

Found this at my local Costco & bought 2 for our Beyond July cruise.

Do you think Celebrity will have any problems bringing our own?

We will leave then in the boxes and check them in. 

20240516_110642.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

If those who have e-mailed receive a response please consider posting the response.  Would love to read how this topic is "word smithed."  Responses to these issues can be so "creatively" constructed.

• Like 2

I can certainly understand the consternation regarding the lack of loungers in balcony cabins, particularly suites. What's more, there seems to be no rhyme nor reason across the fleet as to why. Some got 'em, some don't. When requested, some get 'em, some don't. Another mysterious Celebrity action item gone wrong? We cruise in Balcony/IV cabins. That suits us. If our balcony is furnished with two chairs and a table that is fine with us. We require nothing else, and we do spend lots of time out there. Even in a suite, no loungers would be okay. It is so much easier to enjoy a cruise when one is able to adapt and go with the flow without feeling unappreciated or disrespected. But that's just us.       

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

I can certainly understand the consternation regarding the lack of loungers in balcony cabins, particularly suites. What's more, there seems to be no rhyme nor reason across the fleet as to why. Some got 'em, some don't. When requested, some get 'em, some don't. Another mysterious Celebrity action item gone wrong? We cruise in Balcony/IV cabins. That suits us. If our balcony is furnished with two chairs and a table that is fine with us. We require nothing else, and we do spend lots of time out there. Even in a suite, no loungers would be okay. It is so much easier to enjoy a cruise when one is able to adapt and go with the flow without feeling unappreciated or disrespected. But that's just us.       

On the other hand I prefer to get what I paid for. 

• Like 9