LIVE Allure of the Seas 5/20-5/24

It stormed the greater part of the night last night. It woke me up a few times, but I was so tired, I just rolled over. It can’t be that serious if the words “tornado” & “warning” aren’t coming from my phone. I’m not sure how the rain will change the schedule for this afternoon. Both games have been rescheduled several times. 
70 hours until take off. 

IMG_5267.jpeg

• Like 11

24 minutes ago, di T said:

So looking forward to this! We sail from Barcelona on Allure in April taking our Grandson on his first cruise also just 4 days duration, we always  cruise for a minimum of 20 days. He said what if we hit an iceberg like the titanic😂Don’t think so in the Mediterranean lol.Enjoy your time Megan! 

Just an FYI. That is the first cruise post amplification. She will be in Dry Dock from Feb 23rd to April 10th. You might want to be mentally prepared to switch sail dates. If things don't go as planned, I think this 4 night (and the following 5 night) is the buffer cruise(s) that can be "easily" cancelled before starting the regular 7 night Western Mediterranean itinerary (interporting with Rome). Also note that it's possible that there are some things that might not be 100% complete. Things that they can complete on the move and don't require the dry dock facilities.

• Like 2

Starting my work day since I will take a longer lunch break today for 3rd & 4th grade awards. I always have the tv on in the background…I’ve got last night’s Amazing Race on. Love seeing Sousa Beach in Puerto Plata on there. We’ve been there twice… maybe even on that same catamaran they use to dive down and get the clues. 

IMG_3138.jpeg

IMG_3135.jpeg

IMG_3134.jpeg

IMG_3131.jpeg

IMG_3133.jpeg

• Like 15

9 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Starting my work day since I will take a longer lunch break today for 3rd & 4th grade awards. I always have the tv on in the background…I’ve got last night’s Amazing Race on. Love seeing Sousa Beach in Puerto Plata on there. We’ve been there twice… maybe even on that same catamaran they use to dive down and get the clues. 

IMG_3138.jpeg

IMG_3135.jpeg

IMG_3134.jpeg

IMG_3131.jpeg

IMG_3133.jpeg

I loved TAR this season except the ending was so predictable and rather anticlimactic.

• Like 2

I wasn’t going to bring this up, but last night after softball, we stopped at Sonic. There’s a chance a hit was put out on my life or I was poisoned, one or both. Either way, my stomach is not ok. No one else in the house has had any issues, so I’m going to battle through it. If this live takes a turn or if I go MIA, just know I had a good run, and Sonic in Apache did me in. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 10

9 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I wasn’t going to bring this up, but last night after softball, we stopped at Sonic. There’s a chance a hit was put out on my life or I was poisoned, one or both. Either way, my stomach is not ok. No one else in the house has had any issues, so I’m going to battle through it. If this live takes a turn or if I go MIA, just know I had a good run, and Sonic in Apache did me in. 

Sure hope it's not gallbladder again.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Just wanted to pop in and wish you and the family a fun filled cruise. I will have to catch up on the review when I get back from my cruise, flight at 7am Saturday ughhhh. Oh no you can't be sick, hoping it's nothing that will complicate things.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I thought it was just me. It's been months since I've been to sonic.The last time I was there I had one of those garlic burgers and it really missed my stomach up, no one else got sick. I haven't been back. Hope you feel better. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blarko said:

I loved TAR this season except the ending was so predictable and rather anticlimactic.

Truth. Didn’t care for the ending. I do like traveling with AR tho.  Lots of places this season we’ve been to

• Like 2

Love a good live review.. But will miss yours as I will be sailing the allure also.. Second time this year... Unfortunately your take on Royal food is shared..  I typically book the UDP when on royal and just calculate that into the cost of cruising..

A few more days!!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RobInMN said:

Just an FYI. That is the first cruise post amplification. She will be in Dry Dock from Feb 23rd to April 10th. You might want to be mentally prepared to switch sail dates. If things don't go as planned, I think this 4 night (and the following 5 night) is the buffer cruise(s) that can be "easily" cancelled before starting the regular 7 night Western Mediterranean itinerary (interporting with Rome). Also note that it's possible that there are some things that might not be 100% complete. Things that they can complete on the move and don't require the dry dock facilities.

Thanks for the heads up, Would be a shame if they cancelled! This date was ideal as it’s Easter school holidays and just a short time for him to be away from his parents.We are actually away cruising later in April.I might have to look and see what’s available during the summer holidays.But haven’t booked yet and haven’t looked at flights.The flight are the big risk as they are expensive and non refundable. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dappledumpling said:

Love a good live review.. But will miss yours as I will be sailing the allure also.. Second time this year... Unfortunately your take on Royal food is shared..  I typically book the UDP when on royal and just calculate that into the cost of cruising..

A few more days!!!

Can’t wait. Say hi if you see us! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Awards done. Colton got the Citizenship award he’s been hoping for all week. Thats the award the class voted on. My oldest also received it in 3rd grade. And they have been going back and forth all week. Brinkley said there was no way Colton deserved… just typical sibling rivalry. My middle couldn’t care less about things like that. Kids are funny. 

I started regretting at the assemblies about my “elegant” night decision. I decided awhile back that we would not dress elegantly, but more like “church attire”. It’s a short cruise, etc. But now I feel like we should. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Too late now though to get everything together. Next time! 

Edited by MeganGC1983
  • Like 14

5 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I think it's your "friend" from Guadeloupe still coming after you... 😬

Hoping for a swift recovery, and looking forward to following along!!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, scubagal44 said:

I think it's your "friend" from Guadeloupe still coming after you... 😬

Hoping for a swift recovery, and looking forward to following along!!

That’s a possibility. That one legged, bicyclist voodoo man haunts me. If I get punched in the head this cruise… I switching to all inclusives. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

Soccer was pushed back… that was a problem because soccer was at 5:30, softball at 7. Well then softball got canceled because the field is still wet. So soccer it is this evening, then dance recital on Saturday and we are home free. 
I’m currently washing clothes fast and furiously. The struggle

image.jpg

• Like 10

Yayyyy!!

Following, and looking forward to it.

I was there for your live review back in February, 

on  the Virgin Cruise, You did a fantastic job then and I'm sure this one 

will not disappoint.

Thank you for taking us along.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BohJang said:

Hey @MeganGC1983 I'm late to the party but I'm here.  Still dealing with the house sale  How did I get so lucky to get the buyers from H-ll???

Thanks for making it. Sorry it isn’t going smoothly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LATTELOVE said:

Yayyyy!!

Following, and looking forward to it.

I was there for your live review back in February, 

on  the Virgin Cruise, You did a fantastic job then and I'm sure this one 

will not disappoint.

Thank you for taking us along.

Welcome aboard, again! 😆

Just got home for the evening. Have I mentioned I hate soccer? So glad spring soccer is over! Rotated more laundry. Now to check documents. Have I mentioned I hate sailing with birth certificates? Every sailing I say the next one the kids will have their passports, but I just never get it done. This sailing Mr. Megan is standing in that ridiculous line with the kids while I breeze through customs with my passport. 

image.jpg

• Like 10