Rich Tea biscuits on the Queen Anne cheese selection?

kmw350

I watched a review of the maiden voyage and was underwhelmed to see Rich Tea biscuits (and ONLY Rich Tea biscuits) on offer in the cheese selection, main dining room.

They improved this on the second night by adding a Ryvita!

Really? On a 5 star cruise ship?

Is this the level I must expect? I'd better lay off the Rich Teas till I go on my cruise later this year, so that I might appreciate them.

Is there any chance this was just an oversight or supply hiccup?

I would assume it is a hiccup, but, if it is very important to you, I would transfer to another ship, because who knows? There is no All bran for breakfast, or, if it is on board, they haven’t found it yet. My husband, who likes, it, is coping.

• Like 1

Take no 'blooming notice' of these You Tube freeloaders  .

it was probably all that was left after offering to other guests on the 'surrounding tables'

Often happens with the bread rolls  or a variety of the cheese biscuits. All she had to do was request for water biscuits etc . Certainly plenty of variety across the restaurants  .

Haha, it's not actually about the Rich Tea, but I think it's fair to expect a slightly better selection of crackers on a cheese board.

• Like 1

Following on from the critical biscuit choice - is crystalised ginger available after dinner? I almost always went for that instead of any sort of chocolate petit fours on my last Cunard cruise. 

1 hour ago, elmsliebev said:

Following on from the critical biscuit choice - is crystalised ginger available after dinner? I almost always went for that instead of any sort of chocolate petit fours on my last Cunard cruise. 

We have ginger. We didn’t for the first couple of nights, but it must have been found and unpacked.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I would assume it is a hiccup, but, if it is very important to you, I would transfer to another ship, because who knows? There is no All bran for breakfast, or, if it is on board, they haven’t found it yet. My husband, who likes, it, is coping.

If it's a hiccough, then it's one that gets repeated. We had exactly that selection on the Cruise to Nowhere post Covid

I think what they should have provided is Digestives; quite suitable and one I like with some cheeses.  Rich Tea not so much, somehow totally  unsuitable.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I think what they should have provided is Digestives; quite suitable and one I like with some cheeses.  Rich Tea not so much, somehow totally  unsuitable.

I like a digestive with cheese. But Rich Tea belongs with a hot drink. 

• Like 2

I was always of the understanding that any biscuit with cheese is merely a vehicle to get the cheese from the plate to the mouth and as such should not affect the taste/flavour of the cheese.

• Like 1