Hello from Marina!

Vallesan

1 hour ago, SophieM said:

We have recently purchased RFID blocking sleeves for our credit cards after a close friend’s credit card was hacked while in his possession. We also have them for our passports. 

The good news about the credit cards is that the loss is limited to  $50, I believe. Our bank didn't even charge us that. Debit cards can wipe out your account but, again, our bank didn't do that.

1 hour ago, Vallesan said:

What are RFID sleeves

I presume something similar to the "blocking pouches" you can get for car keys, to prevent some crim accessing the signal. Please don't ask me any more techie detail as I dunno.

Never been scammed on a card - but have had money stolen when the crims fitted a "Lebanese Loop" to the ATM in the village. Fortunately, absolutely no hassle from the bank in refunding the loss when I rang them to say  that the ATM had retained my card. It hadnt, of course. It was the Loop that had retained it and somehow they had observed me input the PIN. 

On are last cruise our credit card was hack , have no idea how.  But they took all my banked miles in the credit card account and charged about $250.00.  I got an email from the bank regarding the transfer of miles to an airline program.  Called the bank fraud department, took about 15 minutes.  They had my miles back in my account within minutes and credited my card a few days later the charged amount.  The bad thing they had to closed both cards I had with them and being on a cruise I couldn't get a replacement card until we reach the hotel in Miami.  Inconvenient yes, but great service.  I had another card and cash with me so it wasn't a problem.

• Like 2

I have all my credit cards set up to receive an text/email alert for all charges over $1.00 and any internation charges. That way if there is an unwanted charge, I can notify the credit card company immediately. Almost all my cards, I get the notification within minutes except for citi cards which takes a day (don't use them much).

• Thanks 1

On 6/10/2024 at 5:53 PM, Harters said:

I presume something similar to the "blocking pouches" you can get for car keys, to prevent some crim accessing the signal. Please don't ask me any more techie detail as I dunno.

Never been scammed on a card - but have had money stolen when the crims fitted a "Lebanese Loop" to the ATM in the village. Fortunately, absolutely no hassle from the bank in refunding the loss when I rang them to say  that the ATM had retained my card. It hadnt, of course. It was the Loop that had retained it and somehow they had observed me input the PIN. 

There is a small camera as part of the Lebanese Loop installed hence the reason to cover your pin input with your hand plus there can be people watching nearby.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2024 at 2:00 PM, Gg4145 said:

I have all my credit cards set up to receive an text/email alert for all charges over $1.00 and any internation charges. That way if there is an unwanted charge, I can notify the credit card company immediately. Almost all my cards, I get the notification within minutes except for citi cards which takes a day (don't use them much).

Unless something has changed we're only responsible for the first $50 on CREDIT not debit cards. And our bank has never even charged us that. The sky's the limit IIRC for debit cards but again our banks haven't charged us on those either.

On 5/21/2024 at 2:20 PM, FetaCheese said:

All of those marketing materials/mailings/magazine ads -- must be working.  Also, from reading here on CC, many X, HAL, Princess refugees.

Thanks for your posts.

Or it may be that some of the cruise lines like Celebrity have forced some of their top end cruisers to find a new home with some of their failed initiatives over the past 2 years.   e.g.   Me

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
On 6/17/2024 at 5:23 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Or it may be that some of the cruise lines like Celebrity have forced some of their top end cruisers to find a new home with some of their failed initiatives over the past 2 years.   e.g.   Me

Hey Jim,

Celebrity has forced us to look elsewhere, our first O cruise is on the Marina next March in South America, can't wait to sample a cruise that is really "premium"

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2