SKY SUITE E CLASS ?

Hello,

We are booked on sky suite 2129 and worried I will be up all night hearing rolling carts as the oceanview cafe is right above us, I am a light sleeper.  Has anybody experienced this stateroom (2125-2137) on the Equinox or any other Solstice class ship?  I like to hear if these cabins are very noisy with the oceanview cafe above or whether it was quiet.  I can downgrade to an aqua class stateroom, it is a blue chip offer.

If there was noise, what time did the noise start, I like to stay up late in the evenings and sleep until 9 lol.  Thank you.

28 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Just a FYI, the Equinox and Solstice are S Class ships not E class.  Possibly you can correct you title.

I knew I shouldn't post without having coffee first thank you, I can't correct it guess I have to make a new post ugh lol.

• Haha 1

See the three little dots at the top of your post? Hit them and you will be able to report a problem to the moderator.  And since you’ve already started another thread they will probably simply delete this thread for you

8 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

We are booked on sky suite 2129 and worried I will be up all night hearing rolling carts as the oceanview cafe is right above us, I am a light sleeper.  Has anybody experienced this stateroom (2125-2137) on the Equinox or any other Solstice class ship?  I like to hear if these cabins are very noisy with the oceanview cafe above or whether it was quiet.  I can downgrade to an aqua class stateroom, it is a blue chip offer.

If there was noise, what time did the noise start, I like to stay up late in the evenings and sleep until 9 lol.  Thank you.

I've stayed in 2133 - very close.  There were carts rolling beginning around 3 am and lasting most of the day and evening off and on regularly (sorry, don't recall when it stopped).  I would not say it was very noisy - it was a muffled sound like you might hear thunder off in the far distance.  It was not enough to really bother us and did not keep us awake at night.  It is frustrating, though, that they chose to put some of their most expensive cabins right under the buffet!  An alternative rather than downgrading might be to move to an AQ Sky Suite - they tend to be more centrally located so they noise (if any) is much less.

S-class sky suites beneath the uncarpeted area of Oceanview can be noisy at any time of the day/night. I used to always choose what are now designated AQ sky suites (higher priced).  I'm not willing to pay more just to be under the carpeted area of Oceanview, though, so I bring along a little Bose Micro bluetooth speaker on the nightstand and connect it to White Noise app on my phone when I go to bed.  It's also my solution for hotel noise (elevators/drunks). Perfect.

• Like 1

My previous answer seems to have disappeared. So: We have stayed in 2129 and had no excessive noise. However, I would not venture further back than that as the room would then be under the tiled area of OV. We sometimes heard the muffled sound of carts, but not often. 

• Like 1