Celebrity Apex

booked a cruise on celebrity apex has anyone else on here been on her. I know its in the wrong place but don't know anyone of celebrity board

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, delgirl said:

booked a cruise on celebrity apex has anyone else on here been on her. I know its in the wrong place but don't know anyone of celebrity board

Yes I have. Beautiful ship but I prefer a proper balcony. Celebrity is my favourite cruise line so I am biased but I also like traditional, so I'm not rushing to book her again, and I wasn't thrilled that she's now based in Southampton for the foreseeable future in the summer months. Everything else was as good as expected, food, service etc. Lots do love this class of ship however.

IMG_2740.thumb.jpg.5500b96506b9d0ed5eb97251f71a1839.jpg

Sorry it's so dark!

Edited by mrsgoggins

Posted (edited)

Yes I have and am booked again on Apex May 2025 out of Southampton to Norway. 

Do you have any specific questions?

Patty 

Edited by cw2go

Posted (edited)

@delgirl I found a less dark picture. I'm sure they do have some 'proper' balconies at the back of the ship.  

I see your post has been moved, so maybe this will find you 🤞😉

IMG_2732.thumb.JPG.61217fee14b0a1bf9d7302e72235aa0b.JPGPXL_20220108_162023933.thumb.jpg.98c6aae84aa03c96d6263f50f1109491.jpg

Edited by mrsgoggins
Clarity
  • Like 1

We were on the Apex in Jan., 24 in an infinite balcony and did not like the balcony.  We prefer the traditional balcony.  There are 4 main dining rooms and some were more popular and had long lines.  We will avoid it and Edge class ships in the future.  Food and service was very good.

Sailed Apex March 2023.No issues.Cruiing on the Edge in September. If the Apex or any other E Class ship is doing the itinerary we like we'll book it. Same criteria for the M & S Class ships.  

23 hours ago, delgirl said:

EClass are my FAVORITE ships out there!

Have done Edge 2x, Apex 2x, Beyond 2x & Ascent booked for this year.

We love the design--both asthetically & functionally.

We are fans of IV balconies--but we also like that OV/Interior rooms are just as big.

We love the 4 dining room concept.

We love the production shows (we rarely are on other ships--other than the "Broadway" shows on NCL or RCCL).

We loved the very large pools/decks.

We loved Eden--ambiance, drinks, meal.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your replies. Another question how do you input your passport and insurance details. Won't let me click into documents. Do I have to wait until online check-in opens or does my TA have to do this.

2 hours ago, delgirl said:

Thank you all for your replies. Another question how do you input your passport and insurance details. Won't let me click into documents. Do I have to wait until online check-in opens or does my TA have to do this.

You will add it at checkin.  Scans your passport (at least in US). Insurance not required in US.  Apex was great but we had a wonderful Sunset Veranda. 

We've sailed on Apex and booked again for summer 2025.  Can't comment on the infinite balconies, as we were in a Sky Suite and will be in one again, and those have traditional balconies.  We love the ship!

We are on Apex at the end of the month. This will be our 2nd time on E Class ship. I'm not looking forward to the limited food options in Luminae. I've been looking over the new Luminae menu. I just looked at the 1st night menu in Luminae. My choices are Veal, Cod, Duck, Veg or NY strip steak. I wont eat veal or duck and not that fond of cod. NY strip steak should have good flavor, but might be tough. MDR has Prime Rib. I really dont have the option of dining in the MDR as we are traveling with friends. I might order Prime Rib to be delivered to our suite. I'm looking forward to trying Raw on 5. Might try Fine Cuts for the Prime Rib.

As our last E Class cruise was only 7 nights. I'm hoping to get a better feel of the ship as this sailing is 11 nights. Glad to see the Chocolate Sphere is still on the menu on night 9. Our last 3 cruises have been 7 nights. X does not serve the Chocolate Sphere on the 7 night cruises.

IMG_20160909_230244501.thumb.jpg.05b4c85f96503729e68a2a44f5775493.jpg