Captains Club Elite Cocktail Hour

All of the small print makes it a bit confusing...

But, from all I can see, none of this helps me at all.

I am, independently, Diamond Plus AND Elite Plus...and well into both.  IF only they'd COMBINE the points, we'd be only a cruise away from Zenith!  As it is, we're pretty far away from Zenith and Pinnacle.

All this does for me is to increase the numbers of Elite Plus and Diamond Plus around me, insuring any benefits are overstressed so that  the lines cut those benefits back further.  As it is, all we really get for Elite Plus is an extra free bag of laundry...and, for Diamond Plus, at least, we get those 5 drink vouchers and two days of WiFi--making it certain we never again buy a drink or WiFi package.

• Like 2

Just now, doghog said:

No. Celebrity Elite Plus will be Diamond with RCs CAS. As Diamond you will get 4 drinks loaded on your Sea Pass card each day. No vouchewrs. 

So no change? Thanks for letting me know. Happy with the 4 drinks, Dianne

16 minutes ago, karl_nj said:

Yes, you would get an extra voucher since you aren't just matching to Diamond (4 vouchers) but match to Diamond Plus (5 vouchers)

You may also have a better chance of getting access to the Crown Lounge; they now block Diamond on some sailings

Not true. Celebrity Elite Plus will be Diamond with RCs CAS. As Diamond you will get 4 drinks loaded on your Sea Pass card each day. No voucher's. 

Diamonds are not exclude from the CL during the CAS HH on every cruise. That only goes in effect if the number of Pinnacles and Diamond Plus are high. 

6 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

I am, independently, Diamond Plus AND Elite Plus...and well into both.  IF only they'd COMBINE the points, we'd be only a cruise away from Zenith!  As it is, we're pretty far away from Zenith and Pinnacle.

All this does for me is to increase the numbers of Elite Plus and Diamond Plus around me, insuring any benefits are overstressed so that  the lines cut those benefits back further.  As it is, all we really get for Elite Plus is an extra free bag of laundry...and, for Diamond Plus, at least, we get those 5 drink vouchers and two days of WiFi--making it certain we never again buy a drink or WiFi package.

As CAS Diamond Plus you get 5 CAS drinks and the free bag of laundry. Diamond gets 4 CAS drinks and no laundry perk. 

7 minutes ago, doghog said:

Not true. Celebrity Elite Plus will be Diamond with RCs CAS. As Diamond you will get 4 drinks loaded on your Sea Pass card each day. No voucher's. 

CC Elite Plus will now match to Diamond Plus, starting next month

C&A literally calls them vouchers, even if they are electronic:

_Each day of the cruise, Diamond members receive four (4) complimentary drink vouchers, Diamond Plus members receive five (5) complimentary drink vouchers, and Pinnacle Club members receive six (6) complimentary vouchers up to $14 in value ($13 on Singapore sailings and $15 on Australia sailings). These vouchers can be used at any time and at any bar onboard or onshore at our private destinations. Drink vouchers may also be used toward a discount off the purchase of any bottle of wine — 20% off bottles over $100 and 40% off bottles under $100. Every time a drink voucher is redeemed, a zero-dollar ($0) receipt will be provided and must be signed. Youth members will receive the same daily allotment of complimentary vouchers as their parents of the same tier and may be used toward the purchase of non-alcoholic beverages (including mocktails). All drink vouchers reset daily at 5:00am and are redeemable until 4:59am the next day. Excludes Starbucks, Bionic Bar, and Desserted Milkshake Bar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, karl_nj said:

CC Elite Plus will now match to Diamond Plus, starting next month

C&A literally calls them vouchers, even if they are electronic:

_Each day of the cruise, Diamond members receive four (4) complimentary drink vouchers, Diamond Plus members receive five (5) complimentary drink vouchers, and Pinnacle Club members receive six (6) complimentary vouchers up to $14 in value ($13 on Singapore sailings and $15 on Australia sailings). These vouchers can be used at any time and at any bar onboard or onshore at our private destinations. Drink vouchers may also be used toward a discount off the purchase of any bottle of wine — 20% off bottles over $100 and 40% off bottles under $100. Every time a drink voucher is redeemed, a zero-dollar ($0) receipt will be provided and must be signed. Youth members will receive the same daily allotment of complimentary vouchers as their parents of the same tier and may be used toward the purchase of non-alcoholic beverages (including mocktails). All drink vouchers reset daily at 5:00am and are redeemable until 4:59am the next day. Excludes Starbucks, Bionic Bar, and Desserted Milkshake Bar.

OK.

Edited by doghog

just saying....we have never consumed 5 alcoholic drinks in one day!  

wish there were no Crossover benefits at all  b/c  there are many more Royal cruisers who cross over to X..

6 minutes ago, doghog said:

Wrong. What you posted doesn't say anything about CC Elite Plus being equal to Diamond Plus thru the reciprocal program. Provide that official link from RC CAS stating that the CC E+ will now be CAS D+. 

Royal Caribbean Group Introduces New Loyalty Status Match  - Royal Caribbean Group

Royal Caribbean Group Loyalty Status Match Program - Royal Caribbean Group

image.png.07e73f6c8b11b1fbf000c105dbf049dd.png

image.png.e46b1f0cb9ea7b7e8459ad73e59e26e1.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, gold1953 said:

Our recent TA had over 1600 Elite and above!

I was on the Apex 2 weeks ago for a TA. I asked Captains Club hostess at the Elite Morning Breakfast (or what ever they call it) and she said it was like 1200. What shocked me was 28 Zeniths. I knew they had more than 28 but 28 in one place. It took me like 20 years to make just Elite+. 😆

1 minute ago, karl_nj said:

Thanks. Saw another post talking about the recent upcoming change so I deleted my response before you responded. So D+ will be E+ and Pinnacle will be Zenith. The CC and the CAS programs are already bloated and now this adds to it. We were Elite and Diamond before the merger and the reciprocal program. 

11 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Coffee break?

more than coffee..

it's a lite breakfast..cold  platters,  bagels, croissants, etc and mimosas, bellinis and cappucino..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hcat said:

more than coffee..

it's a lite breakfast..cold  platters,  bagels, croissants, etc and mimosas, bellinis and cappucino..

I absolutely love the Celebrity elite breakfast! Don’t eat cooked breakfast and my husband just has fruit then goes to gym, even at home.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Banjo said:

I was on the Apex 2 weeks ago for a TA. I asked Captains Club hostess at the Elite Morning Breakfast (or what ever they call it) and she said it was like 1200. What shocked me was 28 Zeniths. I knew they had more than 28 but 28 in one place. It took me like 20 years to make just Elite+. 😆

Yea elite plus for the last 5 years but trying other lines, so Zenith I don’t think will happen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Exactly the same as our situation, and my thoughts on amalgamating the two sets of points and programs are unsurprisingly also the same... 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, di T said:

So, Elite plus gets 5 vouchers now on RCL? 

From the way the status match now looks, yes.  

P.S.  Nothing changed for us.  Already Diamond Plus and Elite Plus. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1

Great step.  Now I just wish they'd move to the electronic vouchers Royal uses...much more beneficial system for guests.  Honestly it's about the only thing I still enjoy about Royal anymore.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, danv3 said:

Great step.  Now I just wish they'd move to the electronic vouchers Royal uses...much more beneficial system for guests.  Honestly it's about the only thing I still enjoy about Royal anymore.  

🤔

There are no vouchers on Celebrity , they just run your card 

On RCL , they put 4-5-6 drinks on your account , then you are at GS daily telling them that drink you were charged was part of C&A perk 😉

• Haha 1

Our last three cruises on Celebrity, we were marketed the AI "deal"---included classic drinks, lower level WiFi and, on the first two, included gratuities (those first two, we booked in 2019 when AI was all they offered--and those got lifted-and-shifted multiple times for the pandemic.  Of course, the AI deal rendered the Elite Plus perks completely moot...though we received no discount on the packages for being Elite Plus.  Pretty much convinced me to never again purchase an AI package.  Hereafter, when cruising on Celebrity, we'll carefully use the free 240 each WiFi minutes and the 5-7 free drinks that we get as Elite Plus...and we'll just pay by the drink for anything we drink after 7 pm.

On Royal Caribbean, as Diamond Plus, we get two days free WiFi each per cruise...so, sharing passwords, we're covered for 4 days of a 7 night cruise...and we'll do the off days on port days where we can find free WiFi in port.  The drink voucher thong works out MUCH better.  We get 10 drinks per day between us...and my wife rarely drinks more than 3...So I get 7--more than enough.  And we can spread those drinks out all day and night...which is all we need.  As Diamond Plus, we also get a half dozen free bottles of water and a free bottle of wine in the room.  In addition to all that, on Royal, we get the Diamond (now "Crown" I guess) Club--which has a 24 hour espresso/cappuccino machine, cocktail hour appetizers and a better atmosphere and service.

Celebrity Elite Plus gives us two free bags of laundry each, RCCL Diamond Plus gives us one each--only makes a difference on LONGER cruises.  So, overall, the RCCL C&A Diamond Plus perks blow away the Celebrity Captain's Club Elite Plus perks.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sun Lover said:

I read that there's a special drink menu with the 5-7 p.m. happy hour.  What type of drinks are included and are they the same ones at each bar?

image.thumb.png.fe3b0d61859ba98cf8c6b9e057a3a70a.png

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Coffee break?

Funny, when I called the 1st morning of my recent Apex TA where the Elite Coffee Break (I would call it a continental breakfast) was but mentioned it was a breakfast. The staff member who picked up the phone went into this long lecture that it was not a breakfast. Finally had to tell him, I know what it is, just tell where it is. ☺️

Edited by Banjo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hcat said:

just saying....we have never consumed 5 alcoholic drinks in one day!  

Neither have we, since we don't drink. 😉 But we certainly enjoy our complimentary smoothie after our morning workout, soda with dinner, evening mocktail and a couple of water bottles to take on excursions! 

On 5/30/2024 at 7:12 AM, Oxo said:

Sounds very good to me. This way I can have a drink whenever I want one. During the day or at night before dinner, during dinner and after dinner. 

This would also save money for Celebrity. 

Thanks for the comparison and suggestion. 

Yes, we'd love it if we could have our Elite complimentary drinks at any time of day. As occasional drinkers we're just not into "cocktail hour", it's not our mindset. When on a cruise we do enjoy sometimes a cocktail by the pool so it would be wonderful if our drink perk could be accessed when we feel like it .. or not (often we forget all about it and go days without taking advantage of the cocktail hour drink). Bars just aren't our focus on cruises, in fact we always have trouble finding one if we want our complimentary drink!

Having it operate the same way as on RC, there would be less congestion at bars during pre-dinner times. 

I'm hoping that eventually Celebrity will do the same as RC and have the 4 drinks loaded on our cards for use anywhere, at any time. I can't think why Celebrity doesn't think it a good idea. We only have one drink if any, but wow, I'd love to have my drink when I'm in the mood for it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, doghog said:

We've never done a TA but have talked to others during our cruises during the CC HH in the SL and they have said TAs are heavy with the top three CC tiers. 

March 2019 Eclipse B2B Caribbean. SL, CC HH. Both legs.

September 2019 Summit B2B NE/Canada.l SL, CC HH. Both legs. 

So hard to read...

• Haha 1