3 night Allure in July - What to expect

Sailing on the Allure to the Bahamas for a 3 night cruise in July.  Looking for advice on what to expect with a 3 night cruise.  Are specialty dining reservations easier or harder to get?  Is it possible to see all of the shows offered? Do i need to bring extra plugs for charging in cabins? Want to make sure we enjoy the boat to the fullest. Thanks

Posted (edited)

I'm also doing a 3 night on Allure in July, I was already able to book Mama Mia, ice show, aqua show and comedy show in the app .The shows are all evening performances as there is no sea day for matinees, Check and see if you can reserve now, 

M

Edited by Sea Viewer
  • Like 1

In November the comedy club really had a long line form early. 

Even if you are unable to get a reservation to the shows you want, suggest standby.  They will open the empty seats up.  Seemed as though more than a few people didn’t keep their reservations.

i’m not a big Mama Mia fan.  To my great surprise thought the show was the best i’ve seen on RCCL, beating Grease on the Adventure for me.  

• Like 3

When I was on Allure last month I had no problem attending every show, with the exception of the comedy show which I never tried to attend. It is impossible to see and do everything on Allure in three days, but it is a great ship. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Viewer said:

I'm also doing a 3 night on Allure in July, I was already able to book Mama Mia, ice show, aqua show and comedy show in the app .The shows are all evening performances as there is no sea day for matinees, Check and see if you can reserve now, 

M

We are also on a 3 night on Allure, in July, and were also able to book the same shows on the app. But, I was wondering if anyone knows if they will still have some of the fun activities like the Belly Flop contest or the Quest? lol 

21 hours ago, Sea Viewer said:

M

Thank you!  I was able to book them all as well!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, keishashadow said:

In November the comedy club really had a long line form early. 

Even if you are unable to get a reservation to the shows you want, suggest standby.  They will open the empty seats up.  Seemed as though more than a few people didn’t keep their reservations.

i’m not a big Mama Mia fan.  To my great surprise thought the show was the best i’ve seen on RCCL, beating Grease on the Adventure for me.  

That's great to know! I'm not the biggest Mama Mia fan either, but now I'm excited to see it!

I saw something interesting and hope rcl doesnt get ideas. P & O is charging at least the kids for events signed up for they no show. A new source of revenue. I've no showed myself for shows. I hope this idea doesnt catch on.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 12:37 PM, Florida_cruisers said:

How far ahead can the shows be reserved? 

Usually around d the 1st of the month previous to your cruise, sometimes a few days past the 1st. But if I was sailing in july I'd certainly be looking before they are sold out.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2024 at 8:59 AM, firefly333 said:

I saw something interesting and hope rcl doesnt get ideas. P & O is charging at least the kids for events signed up for they no show. A new source of revenue. I've no showed myself for shows. I hope this idea doesnt catch on.

Yikes!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2024 at 5:08 AM, Biker19 said:

About 60 days or less.

We are 44 days out, we have already checked in...but I can't fnd anywhere on the app or online to reserve any of the shows or even dinner reservations.   Can you tell me where to look?   

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, itsanita said:

We are 44 days out, we have already checked in...but I can't fnd anywhere on the app or online to reserve any of the shows or even dinner reservations.   Can you tell me where to look?   

Use the online planner not the app to do that - the shows may not yet be available. Assuming you are talking about MDR dinner reservations those are only available if you have MTD - that is usually at the bottom of the dining tab. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

We've only done a 3-night once.  For the right price, I'd do it again.  Thoughts: 

- 3-night cruises do attract a younger, heavier-drinking crowd.  It seemed everyone had the drink package (because they were carrying the cups around); after all, it's easier to afford a 3-day package than a 7-day package.  

- I'm thinking this may be your first cruise?  If so, skip the specialty restaurants.  You say you want to experience the ship -- with only three nights, stick to the MDR.  

- I'm guessing you're going to Nassau and Coco Cay.  Nassau is not a great stop; if you're going on an excursion, I suggest you choose an excursion that leaves from the dock /doesn't require you to go into the city.  Nassau is one of the few cities that requires you to show an ID to return to the ship /not just the Ship ID.  Coco Cay is great -- no need to choose any activities; just get off and choose a beach.  

- Boarding /disembarkation the ship was easy, as so many people traveled with carry-ons only.  

- My husband doesn't enjoy the shows, and -- being just me -- I never bother with show reservations.  It's easy to get a seat for one.  Don't know if it's easier or harder to get a seat on a 3-night cruise.  

- Ask your cabin steward for a paper Compass.  I find them easier to navigate, as all the activities are on one page.  

- I never bring extra plugs.  We only keep our phones charged, and they don't even need charging every day.  

- We cruised on our July wedding anniversary once, and it was HOT.  Now we're fall-only cruisers.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

We've only done a 3-night once.  For the right price, I'd do it again.  Thoughts: 

- 3-night cruises do attract a younger, heavier-drinking crowd.  It seemed everyone had the drink package (because they were carrying the cups around); after all, it's easier to afford a 3-day package than a 7-day package.  

- I'm thinking this may be your first cruise?  If so, skip the specialty restaurants.  You say you want to experience the ship -- with only three nights, stick to the MDR.  

- I'm guessing you're going to Nassau and Coco Cay.  Nassau is not a great stop; if you're going on an excursion, I suggest you choose an excursion that leaves from the dock /doesn't require you to go into the city.  Nassau is one of the few cities that requires you to show an ID to return to the ship /not just the Ship ID.  Coco Cay is great -- no need to choose any activities; just get off and choose a beach.  

- Boarding /disembarkation the ship was easy, as so many people traveled with carry-ons only.  

- My husband doesn't enjoy the shows, and -- being just me -- I never bother with show reservations.  It's easy to get a seat for one.  Don't know if it's easier or harder to get a seat on a 3-night cruise.  

- Ask your cabin steward for a paper Compass.  I find them easier to navigate, as all the activities are on one page.  

- I never bring extra plugs.  We only keep our phones charged, and they don't even need charging every day.  

- We cruised on our July wedding anniversary once, and it was HOT.  Now we're fall-only cruisers.  

Thanks for all the information!  I'm not sure how many cruises we've been on at this point but it is more than 10.  However, we only take 7 days, so that's why I'm wondering about the 3 day and if we'll get a chance to enjoy everything.  We love Coco Cay and are looking forward to that. I think we are going to stay on the boat in Nassau b/c I agree, it's not the best and we've been there before and can enjoy the ship with less people onboard!  I was able to get reservations at the shows the times that we wanted, so now just looking forward to the cruise!

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Use the online planner not the app to do that - the shows may not yet be available. Assuming you are talking about MDR dinner reservations those are only available if you have MTD - that is usually at the bottom of the dining tab. 

The show reservations are all available on the planner as well as dining reservations!

16 hours ago, Sunshineandseadays said:

The show reservations are all available on the planner as well as dining reservations!

Thanks for your replys, but reservations are not available on either the app or online.   I will give RC a call today to find out why.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2024 at 8:46 AM, itsanita said:

Thanks for your replys, but reservations are not available on either the app or online.   I will give RC a call today to find out why.

I called RC, and at 45 days out, reservations were not yet available for the shows.  She had no idea why and told me to just keep checking.   I was able to make reservatiuons yesterday, at 42 days out.   Very easy online and in app once they are available!!   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, itsanita said:

I called RC, and at 45 days out, reservations were not yet available for the shows.  She had no idea why and told me to just keep checking.   I was able to make reservatiuons yesterday, at 42 days out.   Very easy online and in app once they are available!!   

Great! I'm glad you were able to make them!