New Silversea Royal Caribbean/Celebrity Status Match Announced

taxatty

Posted (edited)

Just received by email. Explanatory video from Bert Hernandez included. 

INTRODUCING LOYALTY STATUS MATCH
Dear ,

It is with pleasure that we introduce you to Silversea’s new Loyalty Status Match programme offered in partnership with our Royal Caribbean Group brands – Royal Caribbean® and Celebrity Cruises®. While we know that you love the small ship experience unique to Silversea, this new benefit merely expands your options when choosing how you wish to explore the world.

With voyages starting 5 June 2024, when you choose to sail with Royal Caribbean or Celebrity Cruises, your current Venetian Society level will be matched and you will enjoy the benefits of each respective programme upon enrollment. Over 50 incredible ships sail to nearly 1,000 ports, granting you myriad options when considering travel with family and friends.

ALREADY ENROLLED IN CROWN & ANCHOR SOCIETY OR CAPTAIN’S CLUB?

You may qualify for a Loyalty Match upgrade with Venetian Society. No further action is needed to status match with the programmes where you are already a member. If you have a higher level with Crown & Anchor Society or Captain’s Club, you will qualify for an automatic upgrade in Venetian Society and vice versa. Please allow up to seven (7) days for any applicable upgrades to process. You will receive an email with a confirmation of your upgrade, if applicable. Please note, if your loyalty status in Venetian Society is upgraded due to Loyalty Status Match, your upgraded Venetian Society onboard benefits will be effective on sailings departing 5 June 2024, and onward. Venetian Society Member Savings benefit will be applicable on new voyages booked on or after 30 May 2024.

image.png.308b1e587566b23cafa73cd98739b6a5.png

Edited by taxatty
  • Like 1

A corresponding email I received from Royal Caribbean included the following:

TERMS & CONDITIONS

*Members of Crown & Anchor® Society, the Royal Caribbean International® loyalty program, aged 18 years and older, are eligible to participate in the Loyalty Status Match Program with the Celebrity Cruises® loyalty program, Captain’s ClubSM, and the Silversea Cruises® loyalty program, Venetian Society®®.

Since Loyalty Status Match members only receive the Member Level and not the associated Club Points, they are ineligible for the Captain’s Club benefits listed below.

• Complimentary Zenith cruises
  • Zenith milestone kits
  • WWF® donations
  • Retreat Lounge access when not staying in the Retreat
    o Status match members will only be permitted to access the Retreat Lounge when not staying
    in the Retreat based on availability and at the sole discretion of Celebrity Cruises

Since Loyalty Status Match members only receive the Member Level and not the associated VS Days, they are ineligible for the Venetian Society benefits listed below.

• “Sail with Us” referral offer prior to first Silversea voyage
  • Complimentary cruises
  • Milestone recognition

Eligibility and participation in the Loyalty Match Program is subject to the program terms and conditions, which can be found at https://www.royalcaribbean.com/crown-anchor-society/loyaltymatch

• Like 1

Wow! I feel like I jumped the line. I have sailed 49 days on Silversea and I have nearly 100 more day booked on Silversea... However, since I am Zenith on Celebrity, I move into the 500 day club as far as benefits go. Doesn't seem equitable to me... but I will enjoy the status nevertheless. I really hope that Royal doesn't downgrade the Silversea experience with these changes.

• Like 5

We were 'how does that relate to us?'. We have no reason to cruise on a huge ship. We sailed Silver Wind & it didn't tick the boxes that our friends had experienced on Spirit a couple of year before but was very good & the Thames,Tower Bridge, was awesome.

excited about this!  I am Elite on Celebrity, and will get benefits for a 250 day cruiser on SSea.  I have 28 days on SSea and 20 more booked.  May book more with the discount, especially if stackable with the on board booking discount.  

This is a good business move to keep folks sailing "in the family" as they look to upgrade their experience.  It will incentivize us to keep sailing SSea rather than look at other similar lines. And maybe SSea cruisers taking grandkids might consider Celebrity with the perks available now.  

• Like 3

Very pleased with this.  The one shortcoming I had with SS was the laundry I got free on regent.  Now with the match I get that perk!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JMMKUK said:

We were 'how does that relate to us?'. We have no reason to cruise on a huge ship. We sailed Silver Wind & it didn't tick the boxes that our friends had experienced on Spirit a couple of year before but was very good & the Thames,Tower Bridge, was awesome.

Me too. I was on celebrity beyond in the retreat this past February for Panama Canal with my cousin.  Not again.  Any time we went outside our retreat bubble, we were dismayed.  Huge lines at the buffet at lunch, trouble finding a table, lines at shows, big pool parties.  Just not for me.

I then went on Regent Splendor immediately afterwards and wow!  Will stick with the smaller ships.

• Like 3

I hate to be a party pooper on this forum, but I feel like I've gotten a punch in the teeth.  With the amount I have spent to get 100 days on SS, I could have had 250 days on RCI.  Persons with 250 days on RCI will get 10% off future SS cruises as VS level members, while I still only get the 5% for a 100 day VS member, and I am the one who demonstrated commitment to the brand.  Am I reading this change incorrectly?

• Like 32

6 minutes ago, dawntrdr said:

I hate to be a party pooper on this forum, but I feel like I've gotten a punch in the teeth.  With the amount I have spent to get 100 days on SS, I could have had 250 days on RCI.  Persons with 250 days on RCI will get 10% off future SS cruises as VS level members, while I still only get the 5% for a 100 day VS member, and I am the one who demonstrated commitment to the brand.  Am I reading this change incorrectly?

Maybe this is how Barbara felt about it, and why she left.

Another worry is whether Silversea will be flooded with entitled Royal Diamonds and Pinnacles, who love to flash their status.

I benefit very much from this change, but I still think it was the wrong move.

• Like 14

There is nothing in this status match for loyal Silversea customers such as you and such as me. I don”t want to think or say that this corporate management decision overlooks us and may even show they take us for granted. Or they, this management group, would make some gesture towards us too. Like the 10% discount offer since we have, at 100 days+ deserve it, based on this “equivalence”.

So I won’t go there…

Happy and healthy sailing!

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

I can’t say that I’m happy with the status match either.  It’s very one way in favour of the lower tiers of the other two brands.  

I have over 100 days with Silversea, but my Captain’s Club Elite now puts me up another bracket.  When I board Silver Wind on June 5th, I should therefore receive an “upgraded” bottle of champagne in my suite.  As Celebrity give double points for solo cruisers, and extra points for Retreat suites, I might even make Elite Plus, therefore 350 VS days.  A free cruise is not earned that way though, if I read the terms correctly.  Only 10% off new cruises.

So I do receive a minor benefit, but I don’t think I deserve it via the back door.  Silversea has enough ships to keep its benefits to those who have paid for and earned them.  Mind you, I doubt CC and Royal cruisers are going to flock to Silversea for the free laundry!  Those who have shifted over and earned their VS level are right to be upset.  I absolutely get how @dawntrdr feels.

Edited by Port Power
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Excited to read.   I have my first SS cruise booked for 2025 and am a Zenith. 

Same - we have our first in 2 weeks and now that I see this it looks like we will have a LOT of perks including free laundry!!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bethtex said:

excited about this!  I am Elite on Celebrity, and will get benefits for a 250 day cruiser on SSea.  I have 28 days on SSea and 20 more booked.  May book more with the discount, especially if stackable with the on board booking discount.  

This is a good business move to keep folks sailing "in the family" as they look to upgrade their experience.  It will incentivize us to keep sailing SSea rather than look at other similar lines. And maybe SSea cruisers taking grandkids might consider Celebrity with the perks available now.  

This is how I am thinking as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, saminina said:

So a Zenith from Celebrity coming on SS for first time will get free laundry.   But you will miss the free Budweiser happy hour.

And the art auctions... the liveliness (noise)... the crowding oh my... not to mention the various status levels depending on your stateroom...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dawntrdr said:

I agree, very one sided and not beneficial for loyal Silversea cruisers. I have about 100 days booked on Silversea going forward and will benefit from my Celebrity status match for new bookings (no benefit on my current bookings) but I do not see this as a good move for Silversea in general.

• Like 3

It will keep SSea full with new cruisers.  If the average age now is 70, need to attract 50-60 yr olds.

As a shareholder, I think this is a smart business move. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, JMMKUK said:

However, Celebrity does have some outstanding, small expedition ships.

2 hours ago, saminina said:

So a Zenith from Celebrity coming on SS for first time will get free laundry.   But you will miss the free Budweiser happy hour.

Not just a Zenith- an Elite/Elite Plus will get it also! Since I'm going on my second SS cruise in a couple of weeks, I'm very happy about this!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gkbiiii said:

However, Celebrity does have some outstanding, small expedition ships.

Celebrity?  Outside of Galapagos, where Silversea has the Origin?