Up to date Vista room service menu?

The room service menu is limited. In the past, if you called room service, you could order anything. If it was onboard, you got it. That is history. Room service is not flexible. Called and asked for a turkey sandwich. We were told not available. A turkey club was on room service menu. Just leave off the bacon and cheese. No

33 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

The room service menu is limited. In the past, if you called room service, you could order anything. If it was onboard, you got it. That is history. Room service is not flexible. Called and asked for a turkey sandwich. We were told not available. A turkey club was on room service menu. Just leave off the bacon and cheese. No

Pretty outrageous. Hopefully a one off poorly trained employee. I would have brought to the attention of hotel mgr.

• Like 1

Just now, edgee said:

Pretty outrageous. Hopefully a one off poorly trained employee. I would have brought to the attention of hotel mgr. 

yesterday I called and asked for chips and salsa.  I was told that they couldn’t do it. They would substitute spinach dip.  I am allergic to spinach. Next they said that they needed approval of the supervisor. Got chips and salsa.  

I guess they are not Burger King where you can have it your way. Maybe we’ll just have to “Remodel” that Turkey Club when it gets to our room. My recollection is that there are different levels of service/menues based on room categories so No one size fits all issue. 
If after dining room/TC hours, we just drop in at Waves or Barristas or Tea in Horizons after 4:00 to handle the hunger issues. It is very difficult to control one’s hunger pangs when it has been 3 or 4 hours between meals 🤪

I must admit, we normally have standing orders for our Butler to bring a variety of goodies to our PH each afternoon, just in case I am feeling too faint to make it until dinner. Yes, I do like the chips and salsa and guacamole and your Butler can always come up with something for you. 
Just enjoy,
Mauibabes

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Curious how one poster can report all these negative things happening, yet I haven't seen others reporting it, nor have I personally noticed any of them in the 35 days I've cruised on Oceania the first 5 months of this year.  

Edited by ORV
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, ORV said:

Curious how one poster can report all these negative things happening, yet I haven't seen others reporting it, nor have I personally noticed any of them in the 35 days I've cruised on Oceania the first 5 months of this year.  

That were my thoughts too. While I don’t question the credibility of those post I was just wondering why even if we were having some problems nothing remotely similar bad ever happened to us. I guess I’m yet to hear plain NO from anyone on board for such simple requests.

4 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

I think the OP would like a currently onboard pax to snap a photo of room service menu, and post it here.

Yes that’s it. Thanks

18 hours ago, ORV said:

They just seem so very sad. I’m surprised they didn’t jump ship, literally based upon their non stop negative comments. I guess at least they are done with O now, so they can get back to enjoying things again. Hopefully. 

• Like 3

I'm confused.  Did something get deleted from this thread?  There seems to be some criticism of someone who complains too much.  I missed that, I guess.  I see OP wants to see the room service menu and some others who asked for items the menu didn't have.  "Non stop negative comments"?  If asking for a menu and saying chips and salsa weren't available (without the intervention of a butler which not every passenger has) is "non-stop negative," it's lost on me.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 3:22 PM, Redtravel said:

They obviously never watched the movie Five Easy Pieces. 

On 5/31/2024 at 12:56 PM, edgee said:

On 5/31/2024 at 12:22 PM, Redtravel said:

Probably a lot is premade and ready to go....

On 6/1/2024 at 1:38 AM, FetaCheese said:

I think the OP would like a currently onboard pax to snap a photo of room service menu, and post it here.

I can't find a paper copy to photograph for you. It's on the tv but you need to scroll through to see so can't photograph that either 

There are 5 appetizers, 4 soups, cheese plate, 3 salads, 2 pastas and a pizza, 3 burgers, 3 sandwiches, 5 main courses, 5 desserts + icecream 

I couldn't find the breakfast menu though

1 hour ago, daydreamer62 said:

I can't find a paper copy to photograph for you. It's on the tv but you need to scroll through to see so can't photograph that either 

There are 5 appetizers, 4 soups, cheese plate, 3 salads, 2 pastas and a pizza, 3 burgers, 3 sandwiches, 5 main courses, 5 desserts + icecream 

I couldn't find the breakfast menu though

The breakfast menu isn’t on the tv it comes in ‘paper’ version each night with ‘currents’ etc.

2 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

The breakfast menu isn’t on the tv it comes in ‘paper’ version each night with ‘currents’ etc.

Thanks I'll look in the currents for it. I thought I did look but I must have been doing a poor job!

3 minutes ago, daydreamer62 said:

Thanks I'll look in the currents for it. I thought I did look but I must have been doing a poor job!

Sorry I wasn’t clear… the menu comes on a separate card at night to fill in and leave on the door for ‘in-suite’ service. The breakfast menu is on tv in each individual restaurant.

I just had a good look and it appears we havent received one.. not that I've needed it and I doubt will need it . But I'm happy to take a photograph of it if I get one 

2 minutes ago, daydreamer62 said:

I just had a good look and it appears we havent received one.. not that I've needed it and I doubt will need it . But I'm happy to take a photograph of it if I get one 

Your cabin attendant is supposed to place it on your bed with the night turndown service.

On 6/3/2024 at 5:16 AM, ORV said:

It’s a hard cardboard door hanger card. Either blue and white or gold and white. 

Has anyone found one to photograph and post?

On 6/1/2024 at 3:31 PM, Kay S said:

I'm confused.  Did something get deleted from this thread?  There seems to be some criticism of someone who complains too much.  I missed that, I guess.  I see OP wants to see the room service menu and some others who asked for items the menu didn't have.  "Non stop negative comments"?  If asking for a menu and saying chips and salsa weren't available (without the intervention of a butler which not every passenger has) is "non-stop negative," it's lost on me.

Thank you Kay for this post. I was on the same line as you. I think I will refrain from posting going forward since the art of scrolling on by is missing. Along with an apology when brought to one’s attention. Writing is not the best form of communication.

Lived experiences which could help others understand the nuances are obviously not appreciated by the unicorn and rainbows crowd.❤️😎❤️
Will be definitely booking a 2 top!!

• Like 1