Match status in the future

4 minutes ago, Tatka said:

What is an issue here?

This is a new rule and has nothing to do with luck.

All E+ and D+ were not getting matching statuses before this change.

Now we all will get it.

Zenith/Pinnacles were even in worse position. 😉

I think what they meant was they were already D+ and E+ on both lines so they are not getting anything extra by this new status match. Those that are gaining the most are Pinns that never sailed X as they are now Zenith and vice versa for Zeniths that never sailed on RCI as they are now Pinns.

10 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I think what they meant was they were already D+ and E+ on both lines so they are not getting anything extra by this new status match. Those that are gaining the most are Pinns that never sailed X as they are now Zenith and vice versa for Zeniths that never sailed on RCI as they are now Pinns.

Ah... you are right!

There is a consolation though. If  one sailed  so  much on RCI and X he/she is extremely lucky.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2024 at 9:26 AM, leaveitallbehind said:

The new tier for tier reciprocity update IMO significantly favors Celebrity cruisers sailing with RCCL, and not so much the other way around.

As someone who's sailed on both but more so on Celebrity, my reaction was the opposite from the perspective that Celebrity cruisers probably invested a lot more money to get to that status than did RCCL cruisers. 

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

What is an issue here?

This is a new rule and has nothing to do with luck.

All E+ and D+ were not getting matching statuses before this change.

Now we all will get it.

Zenith/Pinnacles were even in worse position. 😉

No issue, but things chane now.  Would have liked it to change a few years ago

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Vagabond Knight said:

As someone who's sailed on both but more so on Celebrity, my reaction was the opposite from the perspective that Celebrity cruisers probably invested a lot more money to get to that status than did RCCL cruisers. 

I don't know whether or not that's true, and IMO its not the point, nor would it make the Celebrity Loyalty program better.  We also have cruised both, in our case a combined 50+ times, and while our D+ status was earned on RCCL, we (after our upcoming June cruise) will be Elite with Celebrity on our own merit.  

The point is tier level to tier level, benefit to benefit, the RCCL Crown & Anchor program, in particular at the Diamond and above levels, is far stronger and more valuable than Celebrity Captains Club equivalent tiers.  What one may have invested on Celebrity v RCCL to get their status doesn't make the Captains Club benefits any better.  In fact as I see it, it's just the opposite - they may have paid more to get less.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

No issue, but things chane now.  Would have liked it to change a few years ago

We would be much closer to Pinnacles now if did not cruise with 8 cruiselines for a long time 31 with other 7 and 32 with RCI now. We just did not think about statuses for a long time oat all. 🙂

I actually glad we experienced all.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I have had tears in two button down cotton dress shirts. After the second time I stopped sending those in the laundry bag. I do send underwear, t-shirts, Polo shirts and socks. I can tell the polos get shrinkage so now I take inexpensive 60/40 polos from Kohls on cruises and those are holding up. So the benefit is quite good for me as that takes care of most of my needs. I have a separate vacation wardrobe from my normal wardrobe. 

Funny our sailing wardrobe is much nicer and better then our at home wardrobe. We give a lot to our home dry cleaners. We only wash underwear on board. Hand wash swim.  Dry clean if necessary. We take extra luggage if necessary 

Edited by Cruise a holic

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Funny our sailing wardrobe is much nicer and better then our at home wardrobe. We give a lot to our home dry cleaners. We only wash underwear on board. Hand wash swim.  Dry clean if necessary. We take extra luggage if necessary 

I am trying to get down to a carry on bag. Have not succeeded yet….still have one checked bag but almost….Have not sent anything to dry cleaner in 10 years. All my cruise clothes are wrinkle free fabrics. My cruise wardrobe is not better or worse than my home wardrobe. 

18 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I don't know whether or not that's true, and IMO its not the point, nor would it make the Celebrity Loyalty program better.  We also have cruised both, in our case a combined 50+ times, and while our D+ status was earned on RCCL, we (after our upcoming June cruise) will be Elite with Celebrity on our own merit.  

The point is tier level to tier level, benefit to benefit, the RCCL Crown & Anchor program, in particular at the Diamond and above levels, is far stronger and more valuable than Celebrity Captains Club equivalent tiers.  What one may have invested on Celebrity v RCCL to get their status doesn't make the Captains Club benefits any better.  In fact as I see it, it's just the opposite - they may have paid more to get less.

For suites anyway, the Celebrity loyalty program moves you up faster if you spend more on the accommodation which I think is fair.  You get more points per day depending on the category of suite booked.  On RC it is just a flat number of points all the same no matter the category of suite.  So suite cruisers on Celebrity can achieve upper CC loyalty levels faster then get reciprocity with RC and SS.

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

I am trying to get down to a carry on bag. Have not succeeded yet….still have one checked bag but almost….Have not sent anything to dry cleaner in 10 years. All my cruise clothes are wrinkle free fabrics. My cruise wardrobe is not better or worse than my home wardrobe. 

We dress in the evening- my DH wears  shirts that must be dry cleaned and good trousers-  I also wear silk and some items that require dry cleaning.  We do not mind bringing luggage- we enjoy dressing on a cruise ship and will pay for luggage- we also use assistance and tip at the airport and piers so not a big deal to check luggage and bring the clothes that we want too  

At home, my DH dresses for work- tie, button down shirt and sports jacket- Most of my at home clothes are washable.  So we still use the dry cleaners.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

For suites anyway, the Celebrity loyalty program moves you up faster if you spend more on the accommodation which I think is fair.  You get more points per day depending on the category of suite booked.  On RC it is just a flat number of points all the same no matter the category of suite.  So suite cruisers on Celebrity can achieve upper CC loyalty levels faster then get reciprocity with RC and SS.

That is not completely correct. It is the same with RCCL in that suite points are higher than non-suites and therefore you move up faster with suites.  What is correct is the Celebrity scales that point value by level of suite, and by all staterooms for that matter.  What is also correct is that the total value of points for each tier level with Celebrity is substantially higher with each level requiring significantly more points. So by point value earned comparison I think the pace of tier gain likely balances out between the two.

For example, my point total on RCCL has me half way to Pinnacle. On Celebrity I would just have made Elite.  So saying you earn more points and therefore move up faster with Celebrity really isn't an apples to apples comparison as the tier level point values are much higher as well. IMO it is the point value differential that makes this comparison hard to measure.

But that is not the point that I have been making. The value comparison is with the RCCL program benefits, which are clearly much better, is the point.  And spending more for Celebrity cruises would earn you less loyalty tier benefits as a result.  

Edited by leaveitallbehind

29 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We dress in the evening- my DH wears  shirts that must be dry cleaned and good trousers-  I also wear silk and some items that require dry cleaning.  We do not mind bringing luggage- we enjoy dressing on a cruise ship and will pay for luggage- we also use assistance and tip at the airport and piers so not a big deal to check luggage and bring the clothes that we want too  

At home, my DH dresses for work- tie, button down shirt and sports jacket- Most of my at home clothes are washable.  So we still use the dry cleaners.

I am retired ten years so my home clothes are usually T shirts and shorts since I moved to Texas which tends to be warm. I wash everything at home. On a cruise I wear smart casual. Khaki in the evening and shorts during the day. I don’t dress fancy anymore and I don’t dress up special on a cruise. It’s a vacation. I do send my underwear and socks, t shirts to the laundry to save packing space. So I use those perks. If I would wear my pants, shorts and shirts an extra day I could probably go with a carry on. Also if I used the pay laundry. The damage has been in the free bags. When I send shirts out not in the free bags, they come back on hangers and undamaged. 

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

The damage has been in the free bags. When I send shirts out not in the free bags, they come back on hangers and undamaged. 

I've used the wash and fold free bag of laundry and never had a problem.  However, what I pack in the free bag are shorts, underwear and tee shirts that I do not need, or I don't care if not pressed.😜

• Like 2

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

That is not completely correct. It is the same with RCCL in that suite points are higher than non-suites and therefore you move up faster with suites.  What is correct is the Celebrity scales that point value by level of suite, and by all staterooms for that matter.  for Celebrity cruises would earn you less loyalty tier benefits as a result.  

I was just commenting on suites and moving up faster within the suite program.  Not comparing to non-suites.

43 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I was just commenting on suites and moving up faster within the suite program.  Not comparing to non-suites.

I get it.  Same, but on different scales, with RCCL. And not challenging or arguing at all, just saying that the Celebrity CC program is not as strong as the RCCL C&A, regardless of how one attains the tiers. 

It would be interesting if, with the most recent tier alignment, that they would find a way to merge the programs with combined points (very difficult to do) or at least would hope that Celebrity would improve their CC program to match  RCCL's.  All just conversation.

On 6/3/2024 at 1:30 PM, leaveitallbehind said:

The point is tier level to tier level, benefit to benefit, the RCCL Crown & Anchor program, in particular at the Diamond and above levels, is far stronger and more valuable than Celebrity Captains Club equivalent tiers.  

That is true at the Diamond and Diamond Plus levels.

At the Pinnacle level it swings the other way and looks like the benefits are better with Celebrity.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2024 at 8:25 AM, firefly333 said:

The DP340 is a big deal for me too. Though I hardly gamble so no freebies. But the solo supplement is why I pick royal.

Agree, with the DP340 and about 1/3 time getting Military Discounts rare that other lines could beat Royal Rates on get

• Like 1