Embarkation

xyankee

Leaving on the Emerald Princess a week from tomorrow. Thinking about getting to cruise terminal around 10:30 am. Heard boarding starts around 11 am but cabins are not available until around 1 pm. Is it possible to take carryon bags to cabin when you board or do you have to keep them with you until cabin is ready?

4 minutes ago, xyankee said:

Leaving on the Emerald Princess a week from tomorrow. Thinking about getting to cruise terminal around 10:30 am. Heard boarding starts around 11 am but cabins are not available until around 1 pm. Is it possible to take carryon bags to cabin when you board or do you have to keep them with you until cabin is ready?

We do it all the time. Drop off and go explore. The doors to the hallways are usually not closed like other cruise lines. 😁 Have a great cruise.

7 minutes ago, xyankee said:

We do this when they don't have fire doors closed.

When I was on the Ruby in March housekeeping closed the fire doors. I avoided the cabin. Some of the fire doors are alarmed. There was a baggage drop off in the DR if you wanted it. I did not use it. Instead I just carried my bags with me. Cabins were ready around 12:30pm.

I was on a b2b. During the turnaround I did return to my cabin as I normally would. But I quickly left as to not get in the way of the busy housekeeping staff. Of course, all my stuff was there. 

Another note. All the cabin doors for newly arriving passengers were open. The entry screens displayed some generic information and appeared to not be programmed.  My cabin, as a B2B passenger, door was closed as normal and the entry screen was normal. 

We avoid the rush, have an early lunch or late breakfast on shore and then board after 1. All cabins are then open and no lines to board at all. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, skynight said:

When I was on the Ruby in March housekeeping closed the fire doors. I avoided the cabin. Some of the fire doors are alarmed. There was a baggage drop off in the DR if you wanted it. I did not use it. Instead I just carried my bags with me. Cabins were ready around 12:30pm.

I was on a b2b. During the turnaround I did return to my cabin as I normally would. But I quickly left as to not get in the way of the busy housekeeping staff. Of course, all my stuff was there. 

Another note. All the cabin doors for newly arriving passengers were open. The entry screens displayed some generic information and appeared to not be programmed.  My cabin, as a B2B passenger, door was closed as normal and the entry screen was normal. 

From what you describe it sounds like they were unlocked to make it easier for housekeeping.   

We choose to avoid wandering the halls before the rooms are officially ready.