Live Eclipse

2 hours ago, pete_coach said:

Thanks for that.

A huge pet peeve on all cruise lines is the reserving of chairs. I really believe the staff should be policing that and removing the stuff if folks are not there for 30 minutes.

Went to do the laundry??

They were home at that point...doing the laundry...

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Melissa at Mohair Meadows said:

We are booked in July.  Where is the best place to view the Statue of Liberty when you sail out of new jersey?

The Statue will be on the port side heading north, views of nyc will be better on starboard.  After you reach just north of SOL, the ship does a u-turn (usually counterclockwise), so the SOL will then be on starboard side on your way out to sea.  A rail spot on an upper deck is best.  The views of NYC and all the ship and ferry traffic is impressive.  Remember to be on deck around 5:30 when the ship passes under the VZ bridge.

Edited by philpcruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 6/9/2024 at 9:32 PM, CruiserQ123 said:

Thank you for re-joining us to answer questions! 

Did you go to the comedy shows, seperate from the ones on the theater? How were they? 

Do you have any daily schedules you could shares? 

Do they make omelets in the oceanview cafe for breakfast? Do you happen know if they use egg powder? 😖

It's interesting about the chair hogs, especially in the solarium. On my last RC cruise, the pool staff had cards they put out on chairs that they saw were unoccupied with the time written on it. If you weren't back in a half hour, your belongings were removed and the chair was open to other people. 

I'm not sure how I feel about that or how well it worked. 

As a frequent RC cruiser (about to do our first Celebrity cruise(s) next May, i can say that i've never seen them putting cards on the empty chairs, or basically doing anything to discourage chair hogs. I think it's very inconsiderate of people to park their belongings on chairs that they won't use for hours, and it's irritating; having said that, it hasn't ruined a cruise for me yet?!?

I just don't know how they can solve the problem. It happens on every ship/every cruise line....

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ajtaylor29 said:

As a frequent RC cruiser (about to do our first Celebrity cruise(s) next May, i can say that i've never seen them putting cards on the empty chairs, or basically doing anything to discourage chair hogs. 

This is what I was talking about. So far, I've only seen it on my last RC cruise in January. 

But again, Im not sure how I feel about it or how effective it is/was. 

Screenshot_20240611_203812_Chrome.jpg

Edited by CruiserQ123
  • Like 4

On 6/11/2024 at 6:27 AM, philpcruiser said:

The Statue will be on the port side heading north, views of nyc will be better on starboard.  After you reach just north of SOL, the ship does a u-turn (usually counterclockwise), so the SOL will then be on starboard side on your way out to sea.  A rail spot on an upper deck is best.  The views of NYC and all the ship and ferry traffic is impressive.  Remember to be on deck around 5:30 when the ship passes under the VZ bridge.

Thanks for the  info.  

On 6/11/2024 at 1:55 AM, Melissa at Mohair Meadows said:

We are booked in July.  Where is the best place to view the Statue of Liberty when you sail out of New Jersey?

You can also see the statue when docked.  It isn’t far away.  Be sure to also see the Teardrop that in in the park next to the ship.  Very interesting history about it.  Give it a google 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_1776.jpeg

48 minutes ago, miched said:

You can also see the statue when docked.  It isn’t far away.  Be sure to also see the Teardrop that in in the park next to the ship.  Very interesting history about it.  Give it a google 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_1776.jpeg

great reminder

Absolutely look for the Tear Drop 9 11 Memorial..

we have missed a few dinner res so we can take it all in for Sailaway!  best to do buffet..

I've driven over the VZ literally thousands of times & have been beneath it twice before. It truly is an awesome sight. You can also clearly see Coney Island amusement park. It's specular seeing SOL & Manhattan shoreline from the ship. It's a not to be missed event from this native NY NYer  

• Like 1

It was also very impressive how the ship is maneuvered thru all the boat traffic in the area..Many other vessels doing the sightseeing thing.... 

26 minutes ago, Hawkstar33 said:

It was also very impressive how the ship is maneuvered thru all the boat traffic in the area..Many other vessels doing the sightseeing thing.... 

Yeah we sailed our own boat under the VZ once & had to dodge big ships as well as weekend warrior boats. You have to be on your toes there watching the boat traffic. We have also previously been on a Celebrity cruise to Bermuda and that was a lot easier than being on our sailboat in NY Harbor.

On 6/2/2024 at 5:41 PM, hcat said:

Great start.. we are looking at ECLIPSE..have there been any updates?

It is scheduled for a refurbishment soon.  I believe the first week in March. 

10 minutes ago, MLP12 said:

It is scheduled for a refurbishment soon.  I believe the first week in March. 

After the TA ending on April 3 in Southampton 

43 minutes ago, Liao said:

After the TA ending on April 3 in Southampton 

We stayed onboard while docked in Bermuda, on the second day.  Great time to enjoy the less crowded pool deck..  There were at least 8 high ranking white shirts inspecting the entire resort deck, in preparation for the upcoming refurbishment......

• Like 1

On 6/11/2024 at 6:27 AM, philpcruiser said:

Really? That's so strange. The ship first sails north, towards Manhattan, does a U-turn near the Statue of Liberty, then sails south towards the Verrazzano Bridge? I wonder it does that instead of just immediately sailing south towards the bridge?

4 hours ago, wtang said:

Really? That's so strange. The ship first sails north, towards Manhattan, does a U-turn near the Statue of Liberty, then sails south towards the Verrazzano Bridge? I wonder it does that instead of just immediately sailing south towards the bridge?

So passengers can see the SOL and lower Manhattan up close.  Trust me, y9u get a better view. It's worth the extra time.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wtang said:

There were folks on the ship from all over the world...Many have only seen pictures of Lady Liberty, as well as the city skyline...It is great that the ship does this, and no matter how many times I've seen these things, it is still worth looking at every time...

• Like 3

I used to work at 25 Broadway in lower Manhattan. My office window overlooked the SOL so I saw it every day. I never get tired of looking at it. Its an awesome sight. We have sailed our own boat in NY harbor near her also. I am looking forward to seeing her again on our upcoming Celebrity cruise in less than 2 weeks. It never gets old trust me even from this native NYer.

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Gone off the rails....LOL....any more comments on the Eclipse? 

Yes. The Mast grill starts doing onions around 10am. The smell is awesome.. With that in mind, the line is long when they open up. There are not too many seats there.  Early birds gets the seats..All the great food on the ship, but nothing beats a good burger, or hot dog, with really good fries...Do you have any specific questions, maybe I could answer about the ship?  Can't help with any suite/retreat questions, but otherwise I might be able to help