Drinks at the bar

I have shown the BT a recipe and they made it.   The BT also wrote it down to use for future drinks to recommend.   They will make it if they have the ingredients.  

I have always had the premium drink pack and wasn’t charged anything.   I don’t know what the cost would be if I didn’t have a package.

On our last cruise I asked for a Sazerac.  We had a stop in NOLA and that is a common drink there.   They couldn’t make it because they didn’t have the Absinthe.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Cruisingirl2012 said:

Another question - how many onces of liquor can you get in your drink recipe? For example 1 once of rum and 1 once of Ameretto and mixers? Classic drink package.

It's an assumption, but since they make Manhattans which are typically two parts whiskey and one part sweet vermouth, that would be close to 4.5 ounces if they're doing a full shot mix (3 ounces of liquor); 3 if they're using the other side of the jigger. But I'd think 2 ounces plus mixers would be reasonable.

• Like 1

Just a side note.  The only real difference between the classic and premium packages is the quality and variety of brands.  There is no limiting drink menu. Those often at the bars are mainly a suggestion of the ones featured at that bar.  But any drink than can be made from the brands of alcohol within each package can be ordered, including your own recipes.  We have done that several times.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, hcat said:

Exception might be at World Class Bar..they usually stick to their signature drinks.

Good point and I think you are correct.  Although I have seen them make the occasional ordered drinks using their top shelf brands

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Posted (edited)

At Eden this past week I wasn’t sure what I wanted (after the very much gross to me Pina) so I told them to be creative…I got two drinks…neither were on the menu and they didn’t have a name or a description.  Both were good and began a day/night which made Victoria a bit fuzzy…the pink on the right was a cosmo for DH just not in a martini glass so it would be more portable. 

IMG_7576.jpeg

Edited by cruisetonowhere10
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, hcat said:

Exception might be at World Class Bar..they usually stick to their signature drinks.

Depends on the bar tender sometimes - World Class is our favourite bar and once you get to know the bar tenders they will often ask if you want them to make something else. They will always make me an Old Fashioned with Bourbon once we're a couple of days into the cruise (instead of the rum version on the menu). 

Edited by cnktodhunter
Added missing quote

1 hour ago, cnktodhunter said:

They will always make me an Old Fashioned with Bourbon once we're a couple of days into the cruise (instead of the rum version on the menu). 

It was at the World Class Bar that I fell in love with the New Fashioned (a rum old fashioned) and Ron Zacapa.  They made the Zacapa Above the Clouds with the Zacap XO but I have come to prefer the Zacap 23.  It has bencome my 'go to' rum for sipping. 

A Woodford or Bullet Old Fashioned is also a very tasty drink.   I tend to make those at home.