What to wear in between a forward spa and a mid-ship hot tub on different decks?

We will be traveling on MSC Bellissima and we plan to use the thermal spa (deck 7) and an outdoor hot tub (deck 19) daily after dinner.  I understand that wearing a bathrobe in the public space is inappropriate, but we also don't want to change clothes in between the two 'wet' areas. I am considering a poncho. Is it acceptable? Any suggestions are appreciated.  

512fiqOS-hL._AC_SX679_.jpg

71qvetGQoEL._AC_SX679_.jpg

I'd just wear a robe of any sort.  Could hardly be considered inappropriate.  Assuming it covers you up, of course!

• Like 1

A swimsuit coverup would be appropriate. The poncho looks ridiculous (no offense intended towards you - it's just the honest truth), and bathrobes are always inappropriate outside of your stateroom.  Dry off as well as you can with towels, then slip the coverup on to head back to your stateroom (or wherever). Many look a lot like dresses, but none look like bathrobes 😉 

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 6/16/2024 at 4:11 PM, wdw1972 said:

A swimsuit coverup would be appropriate. The poncho looks ridiculous (no offense intended towards you - it's just the honest truth), and bathrobes are always inappropriate outside of your stateroom.  Dry off as well as you can with towels, then slip the coverup on to head back to your stateroom (or wherever). Many look a lot like dresses, but none look like bathrobes 😉 

Sue/WDW1972

Well, I didn't mean a ratty ol' faded chenille bathrobe, but a nice long one in a pretty print.  😉  While I don't think the poncho looks 'ridiculous', it would garner you a great deal of attention, like maybe you're a celebrity.  Might be kinda fun, actually.

Edited by jsn55
  • Like 1

No to bathrobes of any description. 

No to that oversized poncho ... looks like a toddler's bath towel. 

Yes to a nice cover-up ... all of mine are from Lands End; they go on good sales at the end of summer.  

• Like 2

Not discussed but worth noting, don’t wear bedroom slippers, wear flip flops or something intended as pool wear.

if those ponchos were cute and light weight they would be ok but unfortunately they really aren’t. 

• Like 1

Poncho yes…. But not that one. I have a lightweight cute poncho which is a swimsuit cover up. An activewear type dress is also nice since it dries quickly but looks cute. A kaftan type dress also works. I even have a kimono sleeve open front top which is on the long side and I will wear belted as a cover up.

Tons of options out there that don’t make you look like your wearing a giant blanket.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ccheng6401 said:

Any recommendation of good looking cover up that also keeps you warm, absorb water and also easy to put on?  It will be winter.  

Seems like that poncho in the initial post would be ideal for winter.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jsn55 said:

It may be but in fact one does not have to go outside into the elements between the spa and one’s room. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mary229 said:

It may be but in fact one does not have to go outside into the elements between the spa and one’s room. 

Actually, I need it to move in between a spa at the front of the ship and an outdoor hot tub in the back of the ship on a different deck. I found something called swim parka which will keep me warm during the move.

• Like 2

Kind of interesting to me re bathrobes.  I've worked in and stayed in numerous high-end resorts and hotels (like Forbes 5 star).  People were crossing the lobbies all the time in robes, going to the spas, pools, hot tubs.  What is the thing with them being not allowed on ships?  No judgement, just asking.  

• Like 1

I ordered a tan swim parka from Target. Swimoutlet.com also has some nice looking swim parkas for sale too. I think this is what athletes wear during the breaks. 

swim parka.webp

On 6/24/2024 at 1:32 PM, ccheng6401 said:

I ordered a tan swim parka from Target. Swimoutlet.com also has some nice looking swim parkas for sale too. I think this is what athletes wear during the breaks. 

swim parka.webp

Having a swim coach for a daughter these swim parkas are quite heavy & bulky. I certainly wouldn’t waste luggage space on one!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/23/2024 at 3:47 PM, ccheng6401 said:

Any recommendation of good looking cover up that also keeps you warm, absorb water and also easy to put on?  It will be winter.  

You can find cover-ups similar to that poncho that aren't so ... poncho.  It's the sizing that's wrong with that ponch.  I've included a couple pictures below.  I personally like Lands End; they have pockets and go on sale after mid-summer.  

I've seen more than a few women lounging by the pool in ... for lack of a better word, track suits in winter.  That'd work for a cover-up.  

On 6/23/2024 at 4:02 PM, Mary229 said:

How about something pretty like this (search terms “spa kimono robe”)

Not my style personally, but they'd work.  

On 6/23/2024 at 5:20 PM, jsn55 said:

That poncho would be ideal for a toddler who's just had a bath.  

On 6/24/2024 at 12:16 PM, slidergirl said:

Kind of interesting to me re bathrobes.  I've worked in and stayed in numerous high-end resorts and hotels (like Forbes 5 star).  People were crossing the lobbies all the time in robes, going to the spas, pools, hot tubs.  What is the thing with them being not allowed on ships?  No judgement, just asking.  

Bath robes are tacky anywhere outside your room.  

Cover-ups that'd give some warmth for winter and don't look like that poncho: 

Cover.webp

Cover.jpeg

Edited by Mum2Mercury
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK.  to try to help out:

Look at the Camila Kimono on the Natural Life website.  Ignore the young girls as models - if you look at the reviews for things, the age groups are a majority of 50+ women - us old hippie ladies.  The kimono is extremely light so it's easy to pack and not take much room.  The only thing you'd have to add is to take an old wrap tie or belt and use it to hold it together when you're in your bathing suit.  It could also be a light wrap to wear out and about and look a little sassy.  The price point is excellent, $55.  

• Like 1