Laundry

KiRiMi

11 hours ago, Cruising Maryland said:

Depends on the length of the cruise. I'm doing a 50 day cruise, Miami to Rio, and I don't have 50 pair of underwear. Or enough shirts or Jammies or socks for 50 days.

I don't think anyone brings 50 pair---😆which is why we send out the laundry daily.

1 hour ago, ronrick1943 said:

I don't think anyone brings 50 pair---😆which is why we send out the laundry daily.

It really doesn't appear that your experience is typical of most cruisers. Daily? Really? 

Do you just bring 3 changes of clothes? 

1 hour ago, Cruising Maryland said:

Doesn't have to be sent out daily, but it is a reason to use the self service laundry

Don't want to be in the laundry room at all---but we have enough to send out daily.  The free 3 bag deal will mess that up--so maybe every other day.  Don't know why "O" just doesn't add laundry included (because nothing is really free).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ORV said:

It really doesn't appear that your experience is typical of most cruisers. Daily? Really? 

Do you just bring 3 changes of clothes? 

No we bring the clothes we need--but like to keep everything clean.  Both Regent and Silversea have laundry included inn the suite we book.  Why wouldn't you want it done daily---The three bag thing is ridiculous in my opinion.  "O"s should add a few dollars more to the fare and add laundry included.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PC168 said:

...do we bring our own detergent or there is machine to buy.

They provide the detergent. Whether you like it or not, that's another issue. I found it fine on Riviera (our 20-night B2B in Oct-Nov 2023). Think we did laundry 4 times on this cruise. (We spent 3 nights in Venice first and ended with 3 nights in Barcelona).

1 hour ago, ronrick1943 said:

No we bring the clothes we need--but like to keep everything clean.  Both Regent and Silversea have laundry included inn the suite we book.  Why wouldn't you want it done daily---The three bag thing is ridiculous in my opinion.  "O"s should add a few dollars more to the fare and add laundry included.

We had our laundry done just once. It came back kinda dull looking. Didn't do it again.

12 minutes ago, clo said:

Well, I did marry him twice. But no. OH = Other Half. Someone used that here and I liked it.

I like the word 'spouse' instead.  I continued to be a whole person even after I said "I  do."  I get offended when somebody refers to my spouse as my 'partner. '  

That being said,  I will refer to my spouse as "she who must be Obeyed. " at times. :classic_biggrin: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I like the word 'spouse' instead.  I continued to be a whole person even after I said "I  do."  I get offended when somebody refers to my spouse as my 'partner. '  

That being said,  I will refer to my spouse as "she who must be Obeyed. " at times. :classic_biggrin: 

I hate "hubby" and "the wife."

• Like 1

On 7/2/2024 at 4:53 PM, Daniel A said:

I refer to my partner of 15 years as my "unhusband."

I’m considering the Jack Reacher, just Reacher, approach modified for cruising. Board the ship with my toothbrush and the clothes I’m wearing. Buy clothes ashore as needed. 🙃

But Carnival may be better suited since they have brawls.