Dining reservations

negn

9 hours ago, coopco said:

I had the same thing and had to delete the extra reservations day by day with tons of error messages. It took a long time. Good thing I’m retired and have free time.

My question is, has anyone had any luck booking traditional dining at 7:30 with a shared table? I can only book a private table. Isn’t that the whole idea of traditional dining. You have the same tablemates you can get to know for the whole cruise.

I agree, having the same problem. Ypu can book shared at 5 but not 7:30. 

1 hour ago, CountessCookie said:

3) I'm having the opposite issue. I was hoping to book late traditional dining on a shared table, but seems I can only do late slot on a private table (not what I want as a solo).

I have the same issue (Sapphire 12/18/2024). My DH and I prefer the 7:30 shared traditional dining. Only let's me do private at 7:30. In the other dining rooms only lets me do shared up until 6:20. This cruise is not sold out. I had the same exact issue on my 12/18/2022 cruise. Bug? Limitation? A private table in Traditional seems to be contrary to the idea of Traditional. The other dining rooms should/can handle those reservations. 

9 hours ago, coopco said:

Isn’t that the whole idea of traditional dining. You have the same tablemates you can get to know for the whole cruise.

Not for us. We like having an assigned table so we can just walk in after the first night. Also, we like the same wait staff so they can get to know our few little quirks.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Not for us. We like having an assigned table so we can just walk in after the first night. Also, we like the same wait staff so they can get to know our few little quirks.

We do the same, same table and wait staff each day plus I ask for no salt menu.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, travellingnana said:

Same here for our cruise. Only traditional dining, and only a shared table. 

I was after traditional, private table on the Ruby, and I was able to get that. Or at least I had it yesterday. I seem to lack confidence in this for some reason.  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Do you have to be Elite or Paid in full?  I keep getting You are not currently able to make dining reservations..... you have to be paid in full, platinum or elite  etc.

I had all my dining reservations done for all upcoming  cruises which of course got cancelled like everyone else but I can't get past this to even attempt to make any reservations.  I'm trying to do it for the closest cruise which is Sapphire Nov 3  2024

Any insight??

Edited by doodlefan

26 minutes ago, Aggie83 said:

I have the same issue (Sapphire 12/18/2024). My DH and I prefer the 7:30 shared traditional dining. Only let's me do private at 7:30. In the other dining rooms only lets me do shared up until 6:20. This cruise is not sold out. I had the same exact issue on my 12/18/2022 cruise. Bug? Limitation? A private table in Traditional seems to be contrary to the idea of Traditional. The other dining rooms should/can handle those reservations. 

Forgot I that had the same issue on the 1/4/2024 Island sailing. Couldn't book a shared table after 6:20pm.

Edited by Aggie83

Just now, doodlefan said:

Do you have to be Elite or Paid in full?  I keep getting You are not currently able to make dining reservations..... you have to be paid in full, platinum or elite  etc.

I had all my dining reservations done for all upcoming  cruises which of course got cancelled like everyone else but I can't get past this to even attempt to make any reservations.

Any insight??

Have you tried closing the app down and then reopening it? I had that issue earlier and this worked for me (I knew I was paid in full)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lorri111 said:

Does anyone the MDR breakdown of Crown- I know Michelangelo must be traditional as we managed to book ourselves in for 5 and there were only 2 times, early and late but couldn't see what was available in other MDRs

On Crown:

DaVinci is walk up and thus not reservable 

Botticelli is reservable in 20-minute increments 

Michelangelo is Traditional at 5&730

At least that’s my experience, as I was successful (after MANY error messages) in reserving a private table in Early Traditional for a 28-day cruise.

who knows - Maybe MDR assignments will change between voyages? 🤷‍♀️ 

EDIT - I am Platinum but not paid in full yet 

Edited by Ellipooh

26 minutes ago, Aggie83 said:

Seeing that a few of us can't booked shared for late traditional sittings, it would have to be a bug or design feature. I originally assumed it might be booked out on my cruise (Jan 2025), but can't see that being the case for all of us.

2 minutes ago, CountessCookie said:

Have you tried closing the app down and then reopening it? I had that issue earlier and this worked for me (I knew I was paid in full)

I have logged out and logged back in and it's still the same.  But I haven't made final payment yet.  Do you have to be paid in full to book dining?

1 minute ago, CountessCookie said:

Seeing that a few of us can't booked shared for late traditional sittings, it would have to be a bug or design feature. I originally assumed it might be booked out on my cruise (Jan 2025), but can't see that being the case for all of us.

I find it hilarious that this deployment has gone so badly that we're wondering if something is a bug or a feature. 🤣

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, doodlefan said:

I had all my dining reservations done for all upcoming  cruises which of course got cancelled like everyone else but I can't get past this to even attempt to make any reservations.  I'm trying to do it for the closest cruise which is Sapphire Nov 3  2024

Any insight??

I get exactly the same message. And I have paid and I am Platinum!

I have reinstalled the App but it's just the same plus elsewhere it tells me that as a Platinum member I can have a discount on the internet.

Others on the same September cruise have had success. My TA says they are working to fix the issues.

In short, it seems to be a mess. 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, doodlefan said:

I have logged out and logged back in and it's still the same.  But I haven't made final payment yet.  Do you have to be paid in full to book dining?

Im not paid in full and am not platinum but have been able to book MDR reservations for every night of my cruise. 16th Nov on sky 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, adamtoonarmy said:

Im not paid in full and am not platinum but have been able to book MDR reservations for every night of my cruise. 16th Nov on sky 

😁 Obviously luck of the draw!  My cruise is 15 September on Sky, paid weeks ago and Platinum as previously stated.

A shambles!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, adamtoonarmy said:

Yes (on Sky) however there are no options for Traditional Dining, 2 MDRs have slots every 20 minutes and the third isnt there at all.

Thank you for sharing that. I thought I was going crazy because I was unable to figure out on Sky which room was supposed to be TD.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what is the Traditional MDR on Emerald Princess? I'm assuming it's Botecelli, but I'm not seeing any dining times. It may be because I already booked anytime for our whole 2026 cruise, but nt sure. Didn't want to delete them all just to be able to see. Are all Traditional Dining times 5:00 and 7:30? Cruisedeckplans.com still shows 6:00 and 8:15.

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

I find it hilarious that this deployment has gone so badly that we're wondering if something is a bug or a feature. 🤣

This is certainly not a confidence booster. Princess has a lot of egg on their face. 

• Like 2