Dining reservations

negn

1 minute ago, OceanoPair said:

It is a long ways from now. We'll watch and see if our reservation changes at any point. We'll let you know on one of the two threads if they are still active that far out.

Aah thanks. So true -don’t know how much after September 2024 when all this new dining starts how long I’ll be keeping it up yet, just never know. Hopefully stays somewhat active to let people know what’s happening.

• Thanks 1

Zowie! In theory, I just made dining reservations for every night for both cruises next fall. At first I just got a giant ERROR button for the first one but it's a cruise tour and the app defaults to the first date and we aren't on the ship on that date. I selected the first day we are actually onboard and Voila!

Hopefully the reservations stick while the IT folks fiddle around with the app. Thanks to all who said they have been able to book dining this far out. Yesterday it didn't work but today "seems" to be all good.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Zowie! In theory, I just made dining reservations for every night for both cruises next fall. At first I just got a giant ERROR button for the first one but it's a cruise tour and the app defaults to the first date and we aren't on the ship on that date. I selected the first day we are actually onboard and Voila!

Hopefully the reservations stick while the IT folks fiddle around with the app. Thanks to all who said they have been able to book dining this far out. Yesterday it didn't work but today "seems" to be all good.

In the app tap on "Book Dining". The next screen in the upper right hand corner you should see a calendar with a red heart it. Tap on it. The next screen will show all your dining reservations and info for the reservations.

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2024 at 10:44 AM, arizonaperson said:

@Josie201 here’s what I show for Ruby.

Ruby Princess-2024 & 2025 ( reservations open for 7-5-25 + now)

Michelangelo is traditional at 5 PM ( shared or private table)and 7:20 pm (private table only)-as of July 14, 2024 cruise/ voyage in April 2025. This dining room is full? Not able to book for either seating. 

For a cruise/ voyage in October 2024 only 5 pm is available for traditional.

Botticelli- reservable,every 20 minute time slots- able to get private table (6 pm , 7:00, & 7:20 pm)

DaVinci- walk in ,no reservations 

so you have tried the web version with no luck? Post 789 has link.

keep trying & yes times do open up.

Update as of Sat July 20.  
was able to book a private table for 2 for every night Ruby Princess Oct 2025 in Botticelli.  Then was able to cancel one night and book Crown Grill.  We have Premium package.  Credit card was requested but charge was $0.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Aah thanks. So true -don’t know how much after September 2024 when all this new dining starts how long I’ll be keeping it up yet, just never know. Hopefully stays somewhat active to let people know what’s happening.

Verifying your info for Regal and Emerald. Booked Allegro on Regal and Botticelli on Emerald. Those had the 20 minute increments.

Posted (edited)

@Thrak yes for 2024 & 2025 voyages that is what I have,thanks.

Emerald Princess -2024 & 2025

Michelangelo is traditional 5 pm & 7:30pm

Botticelli is reservable every 20 minute time slots

DA Vinci walk-in

Regal Princess 2024 Or 2025

Symphony- Traditional 5 pm ( private or shared table) or  7:30pm( private table only)

Allegro-reservable 5 pm - 8:40 pm,every 20 minute reservation time slots

Concerto- walk in

Edited by arizonaperson

24 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@Thrak yes for 2024 & 2025 voyages that is what I have,thanks.

Emerald Princess -2024 & 2025

Michelangelo is traditional 5 pm & 7:30pm

Botticelli is reservable every 20 minute time slots

DA Vinci walk-in

Regal Princess 2024 Or 2025

Symphony- Traditional 5 pm ( private or shared table) or  7:30pm( private table only)

Allegro-reservable 5 pm - 8:40 pm,every 20 minute reservation time slots

Concerto- walk in

Yes, I meant that I was verifying that your info was correct. Sorry for the confusion. Today I was able to book both dining rooms for our two cruises next fall. I opted for a private table each night.

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

Yes, I meant that I was verifying that your info was correct. Sorry for the confusion. Today I was able to book both dining rooms for our two cruises next fall. I opted for a private table each night.

Thanks very much, glad more and more passengers are having success in booking dinner reservations.

1 hour ago, arizonaperson said:

Thanks very much, glad more and more passengers are having success in booking dinner reservations.

I, like many others I'm sure, appreciate you aggregating the information on dining as it comes in from verified bookings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sorry I may have missed this...but we are Elite in a Suite on Grand and before the new dining went into effect we had that special banner that said Reserve Dining so no need for a reservation...but now since the new dining has gone into effect that has disappeared... so does that mean they have done away with the special reserve section?  I see what each of the 3 different MDR offer ..so if we choose to just walk in and go to that dining room will there not be a reserve section?  We were looking forward to trying this perk of the suite.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Sorry I may have missed this...but we are Elite in a Suite on Grand and before the new dining went into effect we had that special banner that said Reserve Dining so no need for a reservation...but now since the new dining has gone into effect that has disappeared... so does that mean they have done away with the special reserve section?  I see what each of the 3 different MDR offer ..so if we choose to just walk in and go to that dining room will there not be a reserve section?  We were looking forward to trying this perk of the suite.

Yes if you have a full suite  or reserve collection mini suite .yes, there is a reserve collection dining room. No need to make a reservation ( none taken) for dinner. You just walk up to the podium and on into the dining room. It will be listed in the Patter which dining room it is or on your journey view app.

What ship and year is your voyage?

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Yes if you have a full suite  or reserve collection mini suite .yes, there is a reserve collection dining room. No need to make a reservation ( none taken) for dinner. You just walk up to the podium and on into the dining room. It will be listed in the Patter which dining room it is or on your journey view app.

What ship and year is your voyage?

Sorry I thought I put that. We are on the Grand in Feb 2025 to Hawaii.  When I go on the app it allows me to book in the 2 dining rooms that offer reservations and the Reserve Dining banner is gone. 

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

We are in the same boat, so to speak. Elite in a suite on the Grand and we also do not show anything about Reserve Collection on the app. Also getting the 3 available dining rooms and times we could book a reservation. Last year we were on the Discovery in a suite and the app looked nothing like this. We were also able to book the first night free specialty restaurant without getting charged, not the case now. I know people keep saying you can make a reservation for that first night dining upon boarding but I really don’t want to be left with available times we may not like and have to go running around trying to get someone on the dine line. I would rather enjoy a nice leisurely embarkation lunch in the dining room. So I went ahead and booked the first night and then I have 16 days to get them to fix the charge. We are on the 9/29 Hawaii sailing.

Edited by hobo1937
Add info

37 minutes ago, hobo1937 said:

We are in the same boat, so to speak. Elite in a suite on the Grand and we also do not show anything about Reserve Collection on the app. Also getting the 3 available dining rooms and times we could book a reservation. Last year we were on the Discovery in a suite and the app looked nothing like this. We were also able to book the first night free specialty restaurant without getting charged, not the case now. I know people keep saying you can make a reservation for that first night dining upon boarding but I really don’t want to be left with available times we may not like and have to go running around trying to get someone on the dine line. I would rather enjoy a nice leisurely embarkation lunch in the dining room. So I went ahead and booked the first night and then I have 16 days to get them to fix the charge. We are on the 9/29 Hawaii sailing.

There is no change the reserve dining room still exists and is shown as a perk for suites. If you try to make a reservation in a different dining room the system will not allow it 

38 minutes ago, hobo1937 said:

Yeah I thought of that but I do not want to spend my time on a vacation arguing or fighting for my money back.  We had luck waiting last time on our Alaska cruise.  Perhaps because they save some early slots for suites who knows..or perhaps cause we need to eat early for DH health issues we always eat at the earliest dining rooms open. 

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

There is no change the reserve dining room still exists and is shown as a perk for suites. If you try to make a reservation in a different dining room the system will not allow it 

Not true we are in a suite and we were just now able to book a reservation...so the system/app is allowing  us to book despite being in a suite and supposedly having the perk of reserve dining. 

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Sorry I thought I put that. We are on the Grand in Feb 2025 to Hawaii.  When I go on the app it allows me to book in the 2 dining rooms that offer reservations and the Reserve Dining banner is gone. 

This is what I show. I don’t know how correct it is. But if you are in a full suite or a reserve collection mini suite you do not need to worry about making a reservation for dinner. The app and or the Web version may very well show that you can book a dining room,but you do not need to, perhaps you don’t want to dine in the reserve dining collection dining room ?? then of course you can make ( try) a reservation for one of the others, Most that book these types of cabins want to use the dining perk.

Grand Princess

Michelangelo is traditional at 5 PM and 7:30 PM

Botticelli is reservable

DAVinci- walk in & Also Reserve collection Dining room- entrance on starboard

Edited by arizonaperson

2 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

This is what I show. I don’t know how correct it is. But if you are in a full suite or a reserve collection mini suite you do not need to worry about making a reservation for dinner. 

Grand Princess

Michelangelo is traditional at 5 PM and 7:30 PM

Botticelli is reservable

DAVinci- walk in & Also Reserve collection Dining room- entrance on starboard

Thanks we will check it out.  Not sure how often we will eat there but wanted to at least once or twice take advantage of that perk..in our last suite we didn't get the chance to. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Thanks we will check it out.  Not sure how often we will eat there but wanted to at least once or twice take advantage of that perk..in our last suite we didn't get the chance to. 

Well, I hope you get a chance to dine in the reserve collection dining room. You just walk up for dinner and they will seat you. It’s also available for breakfast every day & or you may go to breakfast in? ( sometimes Sabatini’s- I don’t know where on The Grand) Dining room for special suite breakfast.Lunch on sea days in reserve collection DR.
If you are in a full suite you will get first night specialty dining complementary and you just wait until you got onboard to book- they save room for you, unless you can figure out on your app that they don’t charge you. I know a lot of people say they go ahead and have their credit card charged and then worry about getting the money back later, but not sure what’s been happening lately with that.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Not true we are in a suite and we were just now able to book a reservation...so the system/app is allowing  us to book despite being in a suite and supposedly having the perk of reserve dining. 

That perk is not supposed it is on the Princess website and has been of effect for years. If there was no reserve dining then people would be screaming for discounts. It is really the only reason to get reserve mini rather than regular mini

10 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Eat there as many meals as possible. No wsits, no need to reserve, personal service team and extra entrees

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Eat there as many meals as possible. No wsits, no need to reserve, personal service team and extra entrees

Yes, and the best service!  You will be amazed.  The additional entree tended to be something pasta, as I recall, and not being a big pasta fan, I rarely ordered it.  The menu will in other respects be the same as the MDR.  Lots of tables for two if that's your thing.

Posted (edited)
On 7/20/2024 at 10:39 AM, arizonaperson said:

@HaveDogWillTravel

could you share what ship and what dining room you were able to book for July 2026 on the Sapphire ? Thanks. Platinum or Elite? 

just trying to update my list on another thread. And if you wish to share information on private table ,shared ,or time, I have no information for 2026 on the Sapphire.

Sapphire Princess Aug 7 to Sept 3, 2026.  I posted July (we will be doing land travel in Finland, Netherlands & Germany in July bf sailing) but we don’t sail until Aug.  

I booked flexible dining in Vivaldi.  I could choose flexible dining in International or Savoy if I wanted. Private or shared is available.  Every 20 minutes starting at 5 pm 
Santa Fe and Pacific Moon both show no times available.  Which is weird as I don’t see any traditional fixed dining. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Thanks 1