Dining reservations

negn

We sail in Dec & I just checked on the app to see if they have posted the change yet & for us it shows Horizon dining room Deck 7 with available seating every 20 mins from 5:20 to 9pm so that's still anytime & walk-in.  We are in a sanctuary room so we won't use Horizon but I was curious.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, happy42cruise said:

We sail in Dec & I just checked on the app to see if they have posted the change yet & for us it shows Horizon dining room Deck 7 with available seating every 20 mins from 5:20 to 9pm so that's still anytime & walk-in.  We are in a sanctuary room so we won't use Horizon but I was curious.

Horizon is the buffet surely?  Mine does not show any MDR actually available  for bookings yet

1 minute ago, happy42cruise said:

On the Sun the buffet is called The Eatery & is on deck 9.  Why they decided to use the same name (Horizon) for 3 levels of dining rooms that on all the other ships is the buffet & used The Eatery for the Buffet is anyone's guess.  Welcome to the new Princess upper management.

No wonder I was confused about the name!

14 hours ago, Ellipooh said:

Hah, I’ll take the over even on July 2. Or July 12. 

Any takers? Anyone? Bueller?

I figure if they were ready for us, they’d be advertising on the Home Page something along the lines of “Get Ready to Choose Your Dining!”

WOW - you are giving PRINCESS at lot of credit that they have their DINING act together, as they promised...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, napunani said:

WOW - you are giving PRINCESS at lot of credit that they have their DINING act together, as they promised...

The Medallion App has been updated to allow traditional dining. I imagine the next step will be that someone will post that they actually made their reservation. I haven't been able to do it yet for my September 21 reservation on the Discovery Princess.

• Like 1

We have Reserve Dining and it showed up on my husbands phone.  I had to refresh the app to show up on mine.  We have 2 more cruises booked and I wasn't able to get into those.  I called Princess and they weren't able to get in either.  He said they hadn't opened it to dining yet.  But they aren't until 2026.

Edited by palolake
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Katjoy said:

Many of us have cruises booked starting after September 14th, and had our dining already booked. All of us who sail after September 14th had our dining reservations cancelled. Princess is going back to the The Traditional Dining (same time early or late, same table & same dining room each night), Reserve a time, or walk in anytime. Those of us who's dining was cancelled want to reserve our dining again. I sail this Sept. 14th & want that loose end taken care of. 🙂

We don't sail until February, but since the reservations I'd booked were cancelled, I want that loose end taken care of too!

• Like 1

Assuming this does get up and running today, can everyone book dining at anytime now? It used to be either elite or paid in full could book, but I haven’t seen that mentioned in the blurb about the new dining revolution. I’m both elite and paid in full and can’t do anything yet, so I guess it’s irrelevant, but might make a difference to others if that still applies!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, palolake said:

We have Reserve Dining and it showed up on my husbands phone.  I had to refresh the app to show up on mine.  We have 2 more cruises booked and I wasn't able to get into those.  I called Princess and they weren't able to get in either.  He said they hadn't opened it to dining yet.  But they aren't until 2026.

Would it be possible for you to please post a screen shot of what "new" entry you are seeing associated with Early Fixed Seating option?

4 minutes ago, 555 said:

I really though that this time they would actually have the dining problem solved in the app. 

I guess it's just another Princess promise. 😒

Promises are so much easier than software development?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, billco said:

The Medallion App has been updated to allow traditional dining. I imagine the next step will be that someone will post that they actually made their reservation. I haven't been able to do it yet for my September 21 reservation on the Discovery Princess.

Indeed it has. Looks like we all need to update our Princess app in the App Store. 
IMG_8203.thumb.jpeg.e390a66a650e409816687adb2945fc1e.jpeg

26 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Assuming this does get up and running today, can everyone book dining at anytime now? It used to be either elite or paid in full could book, but I haven’t seen that mentioned in the blurb about the new dining revolution. I’m both elite and paid in full and can’t do anything yet, so I guess it’s irrelevant, but might make a difference to others if that still applies!

I am able to see some for the 7th deck in Horizons and we board on September 14th.  Unfortunately, only 5:20pm slots and a few after 7:20pm are available.

Edited by hokiefans

4 minutes ago, hokiefans said:

I am able to see some for the 7th deck in Horizons and we board on September 14th.  Unfortunately, only 5:20pm slots and a few after 7:20pm are available.

Interesting...I have  September, October, and a 2025 booking and none are showing any dining availability.