Live from Liberty; part I of b2b

20 hours ago, sadiwest said:

Dh and I are on day 3 of a 5 night with a 9 night kicker.

First time on Liberty.  Yes I see wear and tear in general but so far it's been great.  Literally the only thing we've been bothered by (and not really bothered) was a reaction to our requests.

Dh called to ask for extra towels.  There were multiple questions like "don't you have some" and "you really need more towels"? Similar situations when there was a seating snafu after we moved to early seating from my time.  I explained we had my time dining but switched on day 2, yet everyone I spoke to told me our table number is on my card. It wasn't.  

Those things (and the insanely loud/drunk lady at Sabor when we were eating my birthday dinner) are not that significant.   Everyone has been great....both staff and passengers.   

The only thing that keeps standing out to me on this ship...the way the public areas are set up. Walking along, then there's a cluster of something (seats/tables/something else), then nothing.   It's got a weird flow to it.  I legit can't explain it.   Not a bad thing just different.  

Anyway here we are on Liberty if anyone has a question.  

Funny this is mentioned and it just shows how multiple people can experience the same thing so differently,

We feel that the Freedom and Voyager classes have the best flow of all the cruise ships we've been on.  Very intuitive and easy.  Love the ease of decks 4 and 5 to easily travel one end of the ship to the other, and the pool deck is very easy to navigate as well.  Deck 3 is the only oddball without the ability to walk directly from one elevator bank to another, which can lead to confusion when trying to get to the ice skating show for instance.  These classes of ships have the beautiful walking promenade on deck 4 with very little obstruction to the views.  Quantum and Oasis class are terrible for this, although Oasis is nice for walking continuous loops with that cut through path in the forward section.

We were just on the Liberty last week and I can't picture the Windjammer having anything resembling "doorways".  There is an entranceway with "washy washy" but once you get past that it's open and there are multiple seating areas and buffet stations just like every other Royal class.   I do agree that the very first seating area with the bar is a bit odd.  I think that's still a carryover from when it used to be an area dedicated to sushi and Asian cuisine, called something "Jade" I think. I'm not trying to disprove what you are observing, but just have never felt that way about the layout.  

In any case, happy sailing!  We hadn't been on a Freedom/Voyager class for 5 years and we remembered just how much we loved it once we were on the ship recently.

8 hours ago, COCKYMARK said:

Talking about the flow of the ship...what makes it different from the other freedom class ships? they are all basically the same right?

Yes, all three freedom class layouts are virtually the same.  Main difference is Playmakers on some versus others. I do miss having Playmakers on the Liberty, love that place.

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Back in the day those mini fridge's actually worked pretty well.  Not 34 degrees well, but they did get drinks cold enough to enjoy.  Now they are too old and just don't do the job.  A tip that we use is to request a bucket of ice from the room steward daily and place the bucket in the mini fridge, and rotate with a new bucket daily.  It really helps get things much colder.

I believe they are talking about the medical mini fridge, not the in room coolers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scottdalfonso said:

I believe they are talking about the medical mini fridge, not the in room coolers

It is a little confusing, but I think the OP was wondering why even have mini fridges in all the rooms if they don’t keep things cold, which then required them to call and get a special refrigerator to keep the medication at the proper cold temperature. I could be wrong.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sadiwest said:

Lol found that out the hard way. Worst part is I was being followed by a family who also wasn't familiar.  Lol 

We will be on your second part of the  back to back.  We get on on Thursday June20th.   
Science 52

We are on a 9 night sailing on Liberty later in the summer.

Do you have any comments on the current cruise director Mey Lau and the activities/bands/singers around the ship.

Thanks

50 minutes ago, Tin can said:

Do you have any comments on the current cruise director Mey Lau and the activities/bands/singers around the ship.

Thanks

How late? We go Late July and I THINK from the cruise director posts in here, Danny Turner returns the week before that...but I'm not sure if I'm reading it correctly

2 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

How late? We go Late July and I THINK from the cruise director posts in here, Danny Turner returns the week before that...but I'm not sure if I'm reading it correctly

We are sailing 15th August, I picked up it was Mey Lau from our FB group but from reading the cruise director thread, like yourself I'm not too sure whether it is in fact Danny Turner.

• Like 1

I am sailing on the July 23rd - My parents just sailed last week and LOVED Mey Lau.  Is there a preference between Mey Lau and Danny Turner?  Do you know who will be CD on the 23rd sailing?

8 hours ago, Tin can said:

Thanks

She's awesome.  One that stands out as excellent. 

She is actually a very talented singer and dancer as well.  REALLY enjoyed having her as a CD.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2024 at 5:48 PM, sadiwest said:

Dh called to ask for extra towels.  There were multiple questions like "don't you have some" and "you really need more towels"?

I think it's partly a communication thing. They want to understand you correctly. I also asked for an extra 'set' of towels and they wanted to exactly how many of each type, and if I wanted this every day. It seemed like I had to overexplain it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BNR091496 said:

I am sailing on the July 23rd - My parents just sailed last week and LOVED Mey Lau.  Is there a preference between Mey Lau and Danny Turner?  Do you know who will be CD on the 23rd sailing?

a CD doesn't make or break the cruise. Only yourself does.

10 minutes ago, mets123 said:

I agree with your CD comment. I never remember who the CD is on most cruises. Usually the only time I see the CD is if I go to a show, at the top tier event or at the 340 plus luncheon. 

17 minutes ago, mets123 said:

3 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I agree with your CD comment. I never remember who the CD is on most cruises. Usually the only time I see the CD is if I go to a show, at the top tier event or at the 340 plus luncheon. 

I agree with this completely, but the good ones stand out and can put that "cherry on top" of an already great cruise.

4 hours ago, mets123 said:

I don't know if the CD chooses the entertainment, but I was on an Oasis cruise a couple years ago. The entertainment was talented but extremely repetitive. All the acts were in the same genre of music. No acrobats, jugglers, magicians, etc.

21 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Do you have a copy of the 5 day entertainment schedule?  We will be on her the first week in September.

Hi, if you go on the app and change to an upcoming 5 day  sailing (click the calendar up top, then "change ships\dates" then "Browse our ships" click Liberty then June 29-Jul 4), you'll get the full schedule for each day of that sailing, which in the most part, besides actual artists and performers, doesn't change very much from week to week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hope I can remember everything I was going to say...lol

It's hard to copy the entertainment schedule because everything is on line. Even when we asked for a paper cruise compass (my phone was not connecting properly) we were not given one.  They fixed my phone connection instead.

Yes, I was commenting that there's no point to the refrigerator if it's not cold enough.   It's clearly too warn to keep anything at a safe temperature.    

The CD Mey is great. Very personable. We was walking around last night chatting with guests.  

We've seen a good number of shows.  Some better than others. 

20 hours ago, marci22 said:

I think it's partly a communication thing. They want to understand you correctly. I also asked for an extra 'set' of towels and they wanted to exactly how many of each type, and if I wanted this every day. It seemed like I had to overexplain it.

Yes communication issue, but my husband did specify "large" bath towels.  Not a big deal...we got them. 

We were told for there to be a b2b lunch they need 20 (or 25 ?) People.  Not sure yet how many we are but 1/2 hour before our meeting time there's 6 of us here. 

On 6/18/2024 at 10:45 PM, BopRN said:

Can you tell me if a post-cruise RCCL excursion is offered to tour NYC with airport drop-off? Thanks!

I saw one advertised while onboard, offered to those who had a 3:30 or later departure.  Not sure how much it is.  Sounded like a majority of it was driving sightseeing.  

• Like 1

On 6/18/2024 at 8:11 PM, Science52 said:

We will be on your second part of the  back to back.  We get on on Thursday June20th.   
Science 52

Shout out of you see me. Lol

20240617_111304.jpg

• Like 2