Princess Plus Package issue

aus1235

Hello All, 

Can I get some advice here, I am going on a cruise with Princess later in the year in a group of 3 Adults sharing one room.

I am the third person name on the room, The Other Adults are not keen for Princess Plus however I am wanting to take the plus package. I have been advise that because the other 2 whom are the people not wanting the package, It can not be applied to myself because they are the main 2 people on the list. Now are 3 adults mind you.

Can This package be applied when I board the ship for myself on embarkation day or anytime leading up to the cruise?

4 hours ago, aus1235 said:

Hello All, 

Can I get some advice here, I am going on a cruise with Princess later in the year in a group of 3 Adults sharing one room.

I am the third person name on the room, The Other Adults are not keen for Princess Plus however I am wanting to take the plus package. I have been advise that because the other 2 whom are the people not wanting the package, It can not be applied to myself because they are the main 2 people on the list. Now are 3 adults mind you.

Can This package be applied when I board the ship for myself on embarkation day or anytime leading up to the cruise?

I think you’ll have to convince one of the other 2 to go for the plus package. One person in a cabin can’t have it.  

If they drink good coffee or drink wine or cocktails or mocktails it’s a definite cost saver for them. 

• Like 1

yeap, at least one other adult must have the same package, unless you move into a cabin of your own. If you convince the other adult to have it, have you bumped up to the second name on the list, so that you and the first person have the Plus, and the third doesn't.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

yeap, at least one other adult must have the same package, unless you move into a cabin of your own. If you convince the other adult to have it, have you bumped up to the second name on the list, so that you and the first person have the Plus, and the third doesn't.

It would be cheaper for him to pay for 2 Packages than move into a room on his own.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would wait until boarding then try to add PLUS for P3.  Definitely have a backup plan if turned down, and if accepted, keep checking all folios daily for charges

• Like 1

4 hours ago, clarky213 said:

It would be cheaper for him to pay for 2 Packages than move into a room on his own.

I was thinking the same thing.  But is it allowed?  

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

I was thinking the same thing.  But is it allowed?  

One would have to be in another passenger name. They are not going to give him 30 drinks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, memoak said:

One would have to be in another passenger name. They are not going to give him 30 drinks

I assume he meant that he could pay for one of his cabin mate’s package .. 

trade it for the best bed!  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, memoak said:

<Hic>   🥴

18 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Uh, yeah that is what I meant!  😀

• Like 1

On 6/19/2024 at 6:06 AM, Cruise Raider said:

I wish I could trade it for the best bed but the people I can trade it for can kick me out of their inheritance(Seeing that it is my mum and dad is Passenger 1 and 2). hehehe

On 6/19/2024 at 4:00 AM, memoak said:

I don’t think you can get around the rule that if one wants the package at least one other must get it as well. 

Just spoke to Princess Cruises and they have advise that they CAN do it. All I have to do is speak to the Travel Agent Again or Ring Princess Cruises and they will add it on for myself. I did say why did myself and the TA received the wrong info. They could not really give a correct answer. They have put notes on the booking number that 3rd Passenger will be getting the Plus package

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, aus1235 said:

I wish I could trade it for the best bed but the people I can trade it for can kick me out of their inheritance(Seeing that it is my mum and dad is Passenger 1 and 2). hehehe

Just spoke to Princess Cruises and they have advise that they CAN do it. All I have to do is speak to the Travel Agent Again or Ring Princess Cruises and they will add it on for myself. I did say why did myself and the TA received the wrong info. They could not really give a correct answer. They have put notes on the booking number that 3rd Passenger will be getting the Plus package

Good luck on that one

3 minutes ago, paddingtonbear said:

So only one person in a three person cabin is paying for a plus package? 

Correct. I am Passenger 3, Passenger 1 and 2 are not keen on it. I believe it has been a change of heart by princess after I added the Passport which has got my DOB on it(Not too sure if that is the case but that is the only thing to change on the booking)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, paddingtonbear said:

So only one person in a three person cabin is paying for a plus package? 

It sounds as though they do make occasional exceptions to their rule. At least when it's involving a third person. 

6 hours ago, aus1235 said:

Email from the TA to Confirm

image.thumb.png.2bb1814246033de9539b2f723920a68d.png

At $65 per day, it sounds like you received the Plus beverage package and not the Plus fare package, which has always been allowed.  

The Plus fare package is $60 per day pp but must be purchased by at least the first two people in each cabin.  This covers not only the Plus beverage package but also, WiFi, gratuities, 2 casual dining visits, etc.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, aus1235 said:

Correct. I am Passenger 3, Passenger 1 and 2 are not keen on it. I believe it has been a change of heart by princess after I added the Passport which has got my DOB on it(Not too sure if that is the case but that is the only thing to change on the booking)

Are they adding Princess Plus (Drinks, WIFI & Crew Appreciation) for $60 a day, or are they adding Princess Drink Package for $64.99 + 18% gratuity per day?

The drink package does not require all guests in a room to purchase it.

(I typed too slow.  @Cruise Raider beat me to it!)

But...  if the cruise is Australian, then the Princess Plus package (Drinks, WIFI & Crew Appreciation) would be $65 Australian.  I just noticed the OP's name, so they might be Australian.

Edited by Abercrombie2019
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

Are they adding Princess Plus (Drinks, WIFI & Crew Appreciation) for $60 a day, or are they adding Princess Drink Package for $64.99 + 18% gratuity per day?

The drink package does not require all guests in a room to purchase it.

(I typed too slow.  @Cruise Raider beat me to it!)

The pricing is what tipped me off and I’m sure the same for you.  
We may both be wrong but, it sounds like that is what he got. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
Just now, Cruise Raider said:

The pricing is what tipped me off and I’m sure the same for you.  
We may both be wrong but, it sounds like that is what he got. 

Unless OP is Australian and it is an Australian cruise.  $65 AUS for Drinks and WIFI.

Edited by Abercrombie2019
  • Like 3

$65/day sounds like the stand alone plus beverage package. The package cost is really $64.99 + 18% = $76.69/day. The stand alone package does not include wifi internet and the daily gratuity. If you require unlimited wifi internet that would be an additional $25/day, $12.50 if you are platinum or elite loyalty level. I believe a single day wifi is $30. The daily gratuity is posted to your account each day and it is $16, $17 or $18 depending on your cabin category.

1 minute ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

Unless OP is Australian and it is an Australian cruise.  $65 AUS for Drinks and WIFI.

That makes sense, especially as his CC name is @aus1235.  
If so, I stand corrected.  

• Like 1