2026 NCL Cruise Critic cruise (proposed)

12 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Someone else from that roll call has taken over the M&G since the original organizer are no longer on the TA

Interestingly enough, the CC member who resigned from our Prima TA in April before Travelicious took over recently had a terse exchange with an admin on FB. It's deja vu all over again.

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
On 7/19/2024 at 7:46 PM, DebbieCruises said:

Will you start a new thread once the decision has been made about which itinerary is selected?  I am thinking of booking the Viva 14-day on 1/10/26...just in case.☺️

Ooh, we’re on that one, too, along with gg.  Need to see if there is a roll call yet.

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Interestingly enough, the CC member who resigned from our Prima TA in April before Travelicious took over recently had a terse exchange with an admin on FB. It's deja vu all over again.

I shy away from the “other roll call”, on you know where.  There is way too much mininformation spread over there, and far too many Prima Dona’s.  I’m not up for drama, I just want to meet some folks, share a drink,and build memories, with people I’ve “met” on C+ for years.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

We have seen this before, and it will never end. Just look back at the inaugural Prima TA, we had the CC roll call, several FB roll calls, and a group that has ties to CC but had their agenda. I still remember trying to find other CC members on the roll call and make them aware of the Oktoberfest being held at Syd's. 

Jim 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This mainly lurker and hubs are booked on the PC cruise Feb 6 along with my brother, SIL, sister and BIL.  I’m still only half committed to it.  we have a AU/NZ trip prior, but ugh, MI in Feb. hoping to settle my mind (and bank acct) on the extended vaca soon. Sounds relaxing. Would be our longest time away from home for sure. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2bc cruisers said:

This mainly lurker and hubs are booked on the PC cruise Feb 6 along with my brother, SIL, sister and BIL.  I’m still only half committed to it.  we have a AU/NZ trip prior, but ugh, MI in Feb. hoping to settle my mind (and bank acct) on the extended vaca soon. Sounds relaxing. Would be our longest time away from home for sure. 

Welcome to the club. Hope to see your gang onboard. We'll be the ones in the bar...

• Like 2

@JIMESOPUS  I'll probably do a very limited, non-live write-up on the upcoming QE Alaska cruise and make an effort to post some pictures & stories, including probably the OMG on theme nights and gala/formal nights (understood there'll be 3 of them for our 11 days)  Cunard has Starlink, said to be fairly good speedwise and one can buy 24 hour access at a time although they do discount it with advanced purchase for the duration @ $16 per day only vs. $24 onboard - will likely buy on full sea days to tether & share.  There's no way that the BIL or myself bringing along a tux - will be dark navy blazer & dress pants/shoes and if that's not good enough, we'll head to Kings Court (Buffet) or do a Pub evening ... or, complimentary room service delivery (very nice menu choices).   Bad decision on our part or not, we are going to do Alaska and NCL's prices just didn't work for us back in June and the nieces needed to get advance approval from work to plan this extended trip, unlike being retired with max flexibility.  

Have a great cruise out of Beantown on the Gem, one of our favorite NCL ship ... really surprised to read that Starlink WiFi internet is worst than EMC days as it wasn't all that bad when we last cruised here pre-Covid, maybe it's the onboard hardware/servers and deliberate throttling to restrict bandwidth & speed.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

So you have one Cunard and two RC cruises coming up? How is the dental work coming along?

Yulp, next 30 days at sea with be away from our usual "home away from home" or NCL. Then, we'll rest briefly and "Escape" again, checking out GSC construction progress, hopefully - wanna consider it ??  

Lately, it's been a lot of arrrrrr's practicing relaxation reclined in the dental chair to get work done, root canal completed.  Just had more posts prep'd 3 days ago & getting sultures taking out next week - on a soft & liquid/puree diet for up to 2 weeks.  One final set of implant in 3 to 4 weeks on the upper, between Cunard & RC sailing and then for bonding & healing, fitting and caps/crowns, etc. - still a long way to go ... literally, putting the money where the mouth is.  Dentures, no more.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

We have seen this before, and it will never end. Just look back at the inaugural Prima TA, we had the CC roll call, several FB roll calls, and a group that has ties to CC but had their agenda. I still remember trying to find other CC members on the roll call and make them aware of the Oktoberfest being held at Syd's. 

Jim 

I do remember all of that. Will be back on the Prima TA in a few months and it looks to be less drama at the moment.

• Like 1

@Sugar Magnolia and @JIMESOPUS et. al. 

"Poor" turnout of some of the "CC" Meet & Greet is, sadly, a direct hybrid reflection of who signed up with the promise to attend.  Moving forward, I wonder if the reported discontinuation of NCL providing complimentary light refreshment at the CC Meet & Mingle will discourage poaching, merger, takeover and hijacking of these gatherings.  The subtle and gradual demise of the once meaningful onboard Latitudes reception & gathering also making it challenging to meet others with a common interest via the CC "gateway"  

For shorter and port-intensive cruises, not as easy to plan for and have a good turnout for any kind of M&G but for longer cruises with sea days, that's where I'm still seeing interest in having one ... just keep it simple.  LCR games no longer as highly popular being replaced by Mah Jong playing 😳 😬 😆 ... just read something (C.Hive) about Carnival no longer as welcoming toward "private" slot tournaments and even LCR, oh well. 

There is no formal M&G on Cunard (ditto on RC, dropped since the global pandemic shutdown) but will drop-by for informal hello to maybe a dozen of CC'ers, easy & simple. 

On a semi-related note for others -  does the CC member name @ESCARGO  Ted (from NJ ??) that was once active here on NCL - ring a bell.  Sailed MSC post-Covid (Meraviglia last year - Divina in Feb. 24 ??)  Good CC friends (also, from south NJ) of ours moved south & retired to Florida passed along the news & asked ...  Off hand, not sure if we might've sail with him pre-Covid, perhaps other do recall fondly.  Anyway, R.I.P. and he was apparently frequently in touch with @JamieLogical & mentioned in her other post.  

Anyway, back on topic/subject ... are we anywhere closer to approaching any sort of consensus ?   Sy ... since "possible" is always and it is way out in the distance for you - if you can't "Escape" then maybe we'll connect next Fall's BA crossing 😉 (Hola) or sooner.  

• Like 1

@mking8288 We knew Ted from several cruises out of NYC, I think the last time was it was on the BA, have to check the save roll calls to verify. He was a nice guy and ran many M&G that we attended, sorry to hear about his passing.

I stopped running slot pulls, it got to be a pain dealing with the slot host. Now we get a bunch of folks together, walk in, and start playing, that's what they want.

For us, the #1 roll call was on the Bliss right before the shutdown, we had a great group and were very active. I reserve the three conference rooms in the Atrium for our daily LCR games, packed every sea day. The M&G was packed, and Captain stopped by and said a few words.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

On a semi-related note for others -  does the CC member name @ESCARGO  Ted (from NJ ??) that was once active here on NCL - ring a bell...  Anyway, R.I.P. and he was apparently frequently in touch with @JamieLogical & mentioned in her other post.  

I am sadden to hear this. I met Ted on the Breakaway Canada sailing in 2022 along with Jamie and @graphicguy. He was such a nice guy.

Anyway, back on topic/subject ... are we anywhere closer to approaching any sort of consensus ?

For 2025, some are sailing with @schmoopie17 on the 2/6 Panama Canal cruise on the Joy and some are sailing with @cruiseny4life on the 2/2 NOLA sailing on the Getaway. For 2026, we are waiting for the schedule for Europe.

if you can't "Escape" then maybe we'll connect next Fall's BA crossing 😉 (Hola) or sooner. 

You never know...🤔

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I do remember all of that. Will be back on the Prima TA in a few months and it looks to be less drama at the moment.

The drama will begin once you and I board 🙂 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

For 2025, some are sailing with @schmoopie17 on the 2/6 Panama Canal cruise on the Joy and some are sailing with @cruiseny4life on the 2/2 NOLA sailing on the Getaway. For 2026, we are waiting for the schedule for Europe.

You never know...🤔

I may have to take a break from cruising in 2025. Lots of life changes possibly happening, including a major move, retirement and/or career change...lots of balls up in the air. I don't know if I can do a full year without being on a ship (that only happend during the pandemic) but I will have to cut down significantly. Good news is I like both of the 2026 cruises on @cruiseny4lifespreadsheet so am hoping one of those works out for me (and everyone). 

But as @Sugar Magnoliasays...you never know.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

I may have to take a break from cruising in 2025. Lots of life changes possibly happening, including a major move, retirement and/or career change...lots of balls up in the air.

Are you finally making the move to live in your car?

• Haha 2

So sorry to hear of Ted's passing.  Met him on the NE cruise a little while ago.  Super nice person.  Often chatted with him on these boards, also.

This reminds me of the number of people I've met while sailing that I've also interfaced with here on these boards.  The number is pretty large.  All have been just wonderful.  I'm better as a person by meeting all of you.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

I may have to take a break from cruising in 2025. Lots of life changes possibly happening, including a major move, retirement and/or career change...lots of balls up in the air. I don't know if I can do a full year without being on a ship (that only happend during the pandemic) but I will have to cut down significantly. Good news is I like both of the 2026 cruises on @cruiseny4lifespreadsheet so am hoping one of those works out for me (and everyone). 

But as @Sugar Magnoliasays...you never know.

I was wondering why there was a moving truck parked in my driveway this a.m.

Seriously, hope all these changes are all for the better!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Are you finally making the move to live in your car?

Nobody lives in their car in Arizona. Hell, you can barely sit in your car, especially if it's been sitting in the sun for more than 10 minutes.

20 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Nobody lives in their car in Arizona. Hell, you can barely sit in your car, especially if it's been sitting in the sun for more than 10 minutes.

Ain't that the truth! And that's one of the reasons for some of my changes. It is just getting too hot to tolerate and is only going to get worse. It's been relentless the past few years and I am done (to a crisp!). 

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I was wondering why there was a moving truck parked in my driveway this a.m.

Seriously, hope all these changes are all for the better!

Don't get too comfortable yet...I could show up one of these days. 

My son and I (and the dog) just got back from a 10 day road trip to visit family in other states and we had a really good time (other than the speeding ticket). He started saying what I was thinking, we batted around some ideas and came up with a plan. Timing wise, things just sort of fell into place. It's going to take a lot of planning and some sacrifice (cruising) but I think it will all be better in the end.

And I wanted to let you know I saw my client this week who just had the hip replacement surgery. He was walking normally, driving, doing most of his day to day activities in 3 weeks time! Of course everyone is different but medicine has come a long way in a few short years...I think there could very well be a Prima TA in your future (as well as the Encore). I am not giving up hope! 

11 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

Don't get too comfortable yet...I could show up one of these days. 

My son and I (and the dog) just got back from a 10 day road trip to visit family in other states and we had a really good time (other than the speeding ticket). He started saying what I was thinking, we batted around some ideas and came up with a plan. Timing wise, things just sort of fell into place. It's going to take a lot of planning and some sacrifice (cruising) but I think it will all be better in the end.

And I wanted to let you know I saw my client this week who just had the hip replacement surgery. He was walking normally, driving, doing most of his day to day activities in 3 weeks time! Of course everyone is different but medicine has come a long way in a few short years...I think there could very well be a Prima TA in your future (as well as the Encore). I am not giving up hope! 

Sounds like your future plans are bright.  I am happy to hear that!!!!

Also happy to hear the hip replacement experiences.

My surgeons (one for abductor muscle and one for hip) wanted to move my surgery up a little.  It’s now 08/23.

I’m good with that.  I want to get this done and over with!!

• Like 9