Crystal Cancels November 2024 Greece cruise

chaunceyb

2 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Thanks, Tracie. When I posted that they would be out "soon" 2 hours ago, I wasn't expecting this soon!!

Patty

Patty, 

You said soon and they listened.

Keith

• Like 1

Huh? And they are selling this cruise that we are booked on originally Athens to Athens 11/24-12/06.

Piraeus (Athens)

Arrow icon

Barcelona

7 NIGHTS

DATES

NOV 24, 2024 

DEC 01, 2024

FARES FROM

$3,500  PER GUEST *

SHIP

CRYSTAL SYMPHONY

30 minutes ago, chaunceyb said:

Huh? And they are selling this cruise that we are booked on originally Athens to Athens 11/24-12/06.

Piraeus (Athens)

Arrow icon

Barcelona

7 NIGHTS

DATES

NOV 24, 2024 

DEC 01, 2024

FARES FROM

$3,500  PER GUEST *

SHIP

CRYSTAL SYMPHONY

This is the new itinerary. Athens RT no longer exists. 

17 hours ago, TER777 said:

New itineraries posted!

Not impressed 

Looks like very much second best a result of coming to table late !

Business Air on legs 2/4 more expensive and poorer choice from and to U.K. 

I fear an unfortunate but easy decision 

Cancellation 

Just an FYI to anyone "confused", the Crystal website still has some of the cancelled cruises listed. All the replacements are listed too. I'm sure it will be corrected, eventually!! All the cancelled cruises will have all cabin categories as waitlisted.

Patty

4 hours ago, Old Sea Dog said:

Not impressed 

Looks like very much second best a result of coming to table late !

Business Air on legs 2/4 more expensive and poorer choice from and to U.K. 

I fear an unfortunate but easy decision 

Cancellation 

Sorry to hear that the new cruises don't work for you. It's impossible for them to please everyone. With cruising these days, it's probably a case of booking later than earlier, as opposed to the old days.

Patty

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

Sorry to hear that the new cruises don't work for you. It's impossible for them to please everyone. With cruising these days, it's probably a case of booking later than earlier, as opposed to the old days.

Patty

Patty your observations are I fear correct 

Unfortunately some of us of mature years are still working and have to book holidays well in advance as a requirement of employment thus enabling us to cruise Crystal.

I will wait till all the changes are made for early 2025.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Just an FYI to anyone "confused", the Crystal website still has some of the cancelled cruises listed. All the replacements are listed too. I'm sure it will be corrected, eventually!! All the cancelled cruises will have all cabin categories as waitlisted.

Patty

They changed our Athens to Athens cruise, 11/24-12/6 to a very undesirable Athens to Barcelona cruise 11/24-12/1 - think we are going to cancel and move on. The interesting part is that Crystal's website still has the Lisbon to Athens cruise, 10/7-12/6 which includes our canceled cruise itinerary. Beginning to wonder if Crystal knows whats up or down!

I do wonder why the replacement cruises could not match, or closely match, the 'days' of the original segments.  For people who have to book vacation days with employers etc. it makes it almost impossible for them to book the revised itineraries.  I can't imagine segments such as Tema to Capetown being heavily booked as the cost of flying to these destinations is rather expensive and the itinerary itself is uninspiring.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, goldengatecruisers said:

I can't imagine segments such as Tema to Capetown being heavily booked as the cost of flying to these destinations is rather expensive and the itinerary itself is uninspiring.

For those who were cancelled out of Athens to Mumbai, Ghana to South Africa at the announced price point is close to being an outright insult.  Could have done more stops in Namibia - nope, just more overnights at the endpoint in CPT.  Which you could easily do at many a hotel in town.

IMO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TER777 said:

Don’t forget we get a 20% rebooking discount. 

Yes we are going to abandon 2024 and look at re-booking in 2025 for hopefully better sailings.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

For those who were cancelled out of Athens to Mumbai, Ghana to South Africa at the announced price point is close to being an outright insult.

I much prefer the new routed cruises, as they have more sea days and don't repeat places like the Athens - Mumbai voyage did.  That one also had way too many overnights (3) in Dubai - well, same as Cape Town I guess.   Different strokes......

I'm booked on the first 3 legs Barcelona to Ghana to Cape Town to Seychelles. 

Edited by calliopecruiser
  • Like 1