Price Perks

katz

54 minutes ago, katz said:

Does Princess offer discounted prices and/or other incentives when you reserve a cruise while on a cruse?

If you purchase a Future Cruise Credit you will obtain OBC. If you do a booking with the FCC, depending on the booking date you may get a discount on the Princess Plus package. When I was on a cruise in Aug 2023, I ended up booking for a Aug 2025 cruise for Star Princess (which then got cancelled by Princess...due to ship being delayed) and got a 20% discount off the Plus package.

• Like 1

I purchase FCDs, Future Cruise Deposits. They are $100 each and are individual. The cost is charged directly to your credit card on file. They are valid for one year and are fully refundable if not used. When used the $100pp becomes the full deposit plus an amount of OBC is applied to your onboard account on a scale related to the length of the cruise and the cabin category. They can be used for any cruise except world cruises.

When you get home you can research the cruises you might like when not under pressure and excitement of being on board. While there is an occasional on board benefit most times there is not.  

• Like 1

Alert:

I just dealt with this-

I used a FCD $100 US for the Star TA that was cancelled by Princess. 16 day cruise —$100 US OBC pp.

They did not offer any goodwill compensation as they did in the past.

Instead of returning my FCD which does not expire until February 2025,

they replaced it with a $100 FCC with $50 OBC.

Done with trying to explain to them that I should have my FCD back to use my n a 15 day cruise.

i had an unpleasant experience dealing with the FC staff at n the Regal.

2 hours ago, katz said:

Does Princess offer discounted prices and/or other incentives when you reserve a cruise while on a cruse?

There has been an ‘on board’ booking promo since the company ONE took over as a contractor to handle future cruises around Jan 2023. They also now handle any Captain circle/loyalty issues and events. The on board ‘specials’ are usually for sailings within the next 90-100 days but they have offered some further out. The discount can be anywhere from 25-50% the Princess.com fare. You must book while on board. Sailings are limited, so not all sailings are offered.

7 minutes ago, dog said:

Alert:

I just dealt with this-

I used a FCD $100 US for the Star TA that was cancelled by Princess. 16 day cruise —$100 US OBC pp.

They did not offer any goodwill compensation as they did in the past.

Instead of returning my FCD which does not expire until February 2025,

they replaced it with a $100 FCC with $50 OBC.

Done with trying to explain to them that I should have my FCD back to use my n a 15 day cruise.

i had an unpleasant experience dealing with the FC staff at n the Regal.

I would send this to customerrelations@princesscruises.com

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I would send this to customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Done5x

got a call too. Executive . I assume FCD May be on the verge of change.

I will not buy anymore.

I paid $99 deposits on my 2 cruises with the 3 day sale.  That is how I will book from now on.

Their solution was to apply the FCC & $50 OBC to one of those bookings.

Posted (edited)

They do on cruises which aren't selling well and are departing soon. 

In the last year we've been able to get the Plus package half off, and a great fare on two voyages.

YMMV

Edited by startedwithamouse