Island Princess-cost to do laundry

CeleBrat

Counting down the days until our Grand Med voyage on the Island-P in August.  Since it is a 10-day cruise, with time before and after in Rome, we want to be able to do laundry.

Where are the laundromats on the ship?  And how much does it cost to wash a load?  Dry a load?

Thanks!--CeleBrat

Posted (edited)

Looking at the deck plans on the Princess site I see that the self-service laundry is aft on all passenger cabin decks. It should be in the range of $3.50 to wash and $3.50 to dry. That is a close enough pricing. You can also purchase laundry soap and such in the laundry rooms. We prefer to take our own.

https://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=IP

Edited by Thrak

When I was on earlier this month (June 4-14), the washers and dryers were free because the token machines were all broken. You could order laundry detergent for $3. 

11 minutes ago, tinawhitecar said:

We are on the Island Princess right now.  The washers and dryers are free!  It’s been a great perk to be able to laundry on the Ship! 

FREEEEEEEE? Hoping that holds out!

• Like 2

We'll be boarding the Island Princess on Tuesday and will probably want to do laundry while we're away.  Are there specific opening hours for the self-service laundry rooms?

30 minutes ago, Cruisepurl said:

We'll be boarding the Island Princess on Tuesday and will probably want to do laundry while we're away.  Are there specific opening hours for the self-service laundry rooms?

They're listed as 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. I never checked outside of those hours to see if the crew locked the doors.

11 minutes ago, geoherb said:

They're listed as 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. I never checked outside of those hours to see if the crew locked the doors.

Thanks, geoherb, that's helpful.

12 hours ago, Cruisepurl said:

Looks like we will be cruising together!

We are the Island-P on the last cruise before drydock, so I'm wondering if perhaps they are just waiting to fix the laundry coin machines until they get to drydock?  Hope so....

CeleBrat

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CeleBrat said:

We are the Island-P on the last cruise before drydock, so I'm wondering if perhaps they are just waiting to fix the laundry coin machines until they get to drydock?  Hope so....

CeleBrat

I have been on quite a few sailings where the machines were "free"....new and old ships.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 1

On 6/21/2024 at 6:49 PM, CeleBrat said:

Counting down the days until our Grand Med voyage on the Island-P in August.  Since it is a 10-day cruise, with time before and after in Rome, we want to be able to do laundry.

Where are the laundromats on the ship?  And how much does it cost to wash a load?  Dry a load?

Thanks!--CeleBrat

• 3 weeks later...

We are booked on the Island Princess for an Athens to Rome cruise in later November.  We were on the same ship for the Panama Canal in January.

Someone posted this that is on the current voyage.(Transatlantic)

I’m on board now and did laundry yesterday. The token machines were fixed after a 2 day closing of the laundry rooms. $3 token, one each needed for washer and dryer.  Washer and dryer I used worked great. Bring your own soap as the detergent dispenser machine is still not working.  

This is 2023 price list for the ship’s laundry service. DH and I wash our clothes every 4-5 days. It would cost >$200US to do a wash at those prices.

I am frugal and don’t mind using the machines at $6 a load and setting my watch alarm ensuring I’m always back in time for the end of the cycle. You meet nice people in the laundries too especially when you are ironing something! 

IMG_8826.jpeg

• Like 1

I agree with above-if you don’t have Elite or suite complimentary send out laundry , the self service laundry on Princess is great.

I was just posting what the Island princess is currently going through  as  far as laundry ,because I do believe somebody asked on this thread: Is it free. well apparently it was up until a few days ago. Wasn’t posting for any other reason other than what’s happening on the Island at the moment, there is a cost, which is normal on  most ships ,but some had issues with the token machines so they have been free .

Just an update for previous posters on this thread, the Island self service laundry is not free,at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Grumpy8 said:

Has anyone been on the Emerald Princess and done their laundry. Was it free

There have been reports posted here on CC that if the token machines were broken or otherwise not working that you could get complimentary tokens at GS...OR that the machines were rigged to just work without tokens.  I wouldn't plan on that possibility, though!  Just take heed of the tips that you were given in your other thread you posted.

On 8/4/2024 at 9:15 AM, Grumpy8 said:

Has anyone been on the Emerald Princess and done their laundry. Was it free

It wasn't free in June/July and the token machines worked fine. We used the laundry on Deck 10 because it's the largest one and near the front elevators. We were on the Riviera deck, by those elevators so it was easier and quicker to go there than to the back of the ship where all of the others are located.

If Princess didn't have the laundromats, I would probably be inclined stray to other brands.