Distilled water

cruiseforus

We have frequently brough water on as much as a full case of 12 oz plastic bottles as checked luggage without issue.  Have never experience gallon containers, however.  Don't know if that would create and issue or not.

But if this is for a CPAP or other similar application, Celebrity will provide distilled water for you to use.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

4 minutes ago, cruiseforus said:

Thanks. I tried but can’t find distilled water in smaller bottles. I’m hoping I can take the big gallon plastic bottle. 

Rather than see what happens at the terminal, I would suggest calling Celebrity special needs department and explain your situation to see whether or not you can easily bring it on board of they would have other on board options.  Typically the will provide it for you.

12 minutes ago, cruiseforus said:

Thanks I’ll try calling them now. Problem is I’m leaving tomorrow morning. Hope that’s enough notice. But thanks for the suggestion. I’ll call now. 

Take it with you either way if you want to.  Worst that happens is you have to leave it at the terminal.  And either way, on board Guest Service will be able to assist.

And again, if it is a CPAP, they will also provide an extension cord.

Enjoy your cruise.

BTW we are leaving tomorrow as well on Eclipse - same ship?

3 minutes ago, cruiseforus said:

Thanks everyone. 

yes, we are leaving tomorrow on the Eclipse! 😃

Well if I don't see you on board, have a great cruise!

BTW Cape Liberty was the port to which I was referring regarding bringing water on board.

23 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Well if I don't see you on board, have a great cruise!

BTW Cape Liberty was the port to which I was referring regarding bringing water on board.

I called, they will try to have it in the cabin, but it usually takes a few weeks notice but if not he said for me just to go to Guest Services and let them know. 

so all good. Thanks everyone! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruiseforus said:

...so all good. Thanks everyone! 

This issue seems to be resolved to your satisfaction,  but I will add a small note for readers who have similar needs on future cruises.

I have always requested an extension cord and distilled water in advance, but these items have never been waiting for me in my cabin. Other cruisers have had different experiences. I have always asked my cabin attendant for these items and they have always been delivered promptly and without any problems. 

• Thanks 1

The way to make sure you get the water and extension cord every time is to email special_needs@celebrity.com - they will add a note to your reservation.

When they've done that, you'll see it noted on the "Special Services" line of your reservation document.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, cruiseforus said:

Has anyone had any experience with doing that? 

Yes, and it did not work out well.  I tried to check a gallon of distilled water and it ended up in my cabin, but was dented so badly the jug had split open and was missing half the water.  

9 hours ago, SerraG said:

Yes, and it did not work out well.  I tried to check a gallon of distilled water and it ended up in my cabin, but was dented so badly the jug had split open and was missing half the water.  

And most likely some other cruiser's suitcase was wet.

If it's for cpap machine, you will need an extension cord if on a S or M class ship. No need for a E class ship. I always send an email to special needs like said previously, but always the cabin Stewart will get if for you if the home office does let them know.