Ninjacat123 and family travel to Tokyo and Kyoto - LIVE land trip June 28 to July 7, 2024!!​🗾​

ninjacat123

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from ninjacat123! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

ninjacat123 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Hi Cruise Critic friends!  I am Bethany aka ninjacat123 and I am so excited to be starting this LIVE of our land trip to Japan!! I received permission from CC to post this LIVE in the Ports of Call Asia section and today is the day to kick it off!  Please join me as my husband Craig and our DDs Cat and Sky get ready to fly from Charlotte to Tokyo.  This will be the longest flight that we have taken and with the International Date Line making us lose a day, it will be interesting to see how we manage with that as well. Mount Fuji - GaijinPot Travel

• Like 14

Back in 2021 we asked our oldest DD, Cat where she wanted to go for her college graduation trip.  She decided on Amsterdam and Paris and ninjacat planned the whole trip.  It was wonderful!  Now DD#2 (Sky) is graduating from college and guess where she wants to go...yup, Japan!! Fortunately Craig had enough miles to get airfare tickets for me and him but we had to fork over big bucks for the DDs.  Yikes!  

I started researching hotels, places to see, restaurants, etc.  TripAdvisor really helped me and I also joined a Japan travel group on the site that shall not be named.  Over 18 months I booked a ryokan in Tokyo, a hotel in Kyoto that has an onsen (group baths for hotel guests) and a number of tours.  Booking through TripAdvisor made it less stressful since I knew I could cancel if needed and not be out money.

Today is four days away from take-off!!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, SenatorsFan said:

Looking forward to this! 😻Our daughter-in-law loves Japan and has been there 3 times so far. She hasn't been able to convince our son, yet! 

I have always wanted to go to Japan since I met my friends in 3rd grade.  Their dad was a professor who would take trips to Japan for his work, I believe.  Now I'll get to see it in person!! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, princess76021 said:

I'll be extremely happy to join you!! 

thanks for the invite!

Hugs from Texas

Thank you for joining Princess and a big thank you for the hugs!!🥰

12 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

Ready to follow along as well, this is gonna be loads of FUN!

Hope you share a link over on the TRIBE page!

Yay!!  I'm glad you're along Hogladyrider and thanks for the suggestion of posting on the Tribe thread!😃

Posted (edited)

Here is one of the tours in Tokyo that I booked through TripAdvisor, Official Street Go-Kart in Shibuya.  You dress in costume (looks like big onesies) and drive your go-kart following a guide. Picture is from TripAdvisor site. I wonder if they have a ninjacat outfit?🤣

47.jpg

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

Another tour I booked for us in Tokyo is Tokyo Bar Hopping in Shinjuku! A guide takes us to local pubs and we have food and drinks at 3 or 4 stops.  Then karaoke!!💃

7d.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

Another tour I booked for us in Tokyo is Tokyo Bar Hopping in Shinjuku! A guide takes us to local pubs and we have food and drinks at 3 or 4 stops.  Then karaoke!!💃

7d.jpg

You had me until karaoke…

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)

Bethany, glad I found you early, (I lurk on The Tribe and saw your post with link), can’t wait to read about your new adventures, you are such a great researcher and planner! Craig and your girls are very fortunate.

Edited by cellfree
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cellfree said:

Bethany, glad I found you early, (I lurk on The Tribe and saw your post with link), can’t wait to read about your new adventures, you are such a great researcher and planner! Craig and your girls are very fortunate.

Hi Cellfree!! So glad you are here (though meeting at Alchemy Bar would be awesome!) and ready to take this journey with me😃

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TNVolnteerCruiser said:

Yay!! Page 1?  Here for this fabulous adventure.  Thank you for all your reports.  I love reading all of them!

Just the preamble that’s getting us ready for the Big Show!!😃Thanks for coming along TNVolnteerCruiser!