Princess Excursions - Do they offer bottled water to Plus/Premier?

BazingAu

I tried to search, but came up empty handed. Can anyone tell me if they hand out bottled water to those with Plus/Premier when you are gathering for a Princess excursion (the ones paid through the cruise line)? On my Celebrity cruises, we never had to worry about bringing water from our rooms or stocking up because they always had a stand set up to give out waters to those with drink packages while queuing up for the excursion. It was such a great little gesture.

Edited by BazingAu

On the Grand/Caribbean Princess ships, there is a table near the exit door that will have water and canned soda.  If you have a medallion, they will scan it.  If you have Plus or Premier, it won't cost you anything and doesn't count against your 15 alcoholic drinks.  Often the water is chilled.

For the sake of convenience, I find it easier to grab a bottle from the bar the night before.  Then when I am preparing for the day, I include the water in my carry off bag.  Otherwise, you are struggling with your medallion, crowds of people, and no hands free.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BazingAu said:

I tried to search, but came up empty handed. Can anyone tell me if they hand out bottled water to those with Plus/Premier when you are gathering for a Princess excursion (the ones paid through the cruise line)? On my Celebrity cruises, we never had to worry about bringing water from our rooms or stocking up because they always had a stand set up to give out waters to those with drink packages while queuing up for the excursion. It was such a great little gesture.

Probably.  Easiest to simply bring a bottle as they might not be set up or might be sold out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PR-Texas said:

We will have to check that also.  Our excursions are in NZ and my understanding is the only beverage you can bring off the ship is commercially bottled water.  Hopefully they will allow our prepackaged peanuts, trail mix, etc.

As long as it is pre-packaged and unopened you should be fine. 

• Like 1

Prior to cruise we purchase bottled water package. For example our upcoming 7 day Alaska cruise:

Stateroom Bottled Water Package$7.08 for 12 (500 ml) bottles

12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to the stateroom. Price includes service charge.

Pre-cruise exclusive

20 minutes ago, billco said:

Prior to cruise we purchase bottled water package. For example our upcoming 7 day Alaska cruise:

12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to the stateroom. Price includes service charge.

Pre-cruise exclusive

But if you have Plus or Premier, you can just order from room service at no charge.  

• Like 2

I have seen bottled water offered to all at the gangway used to exit the ship when in port.  It didn’t matter if you booked an excursion or not.  It didn’t matter if you had Plus/Premiere or not. But that wasn’t every ship in every port.  We always have a couple bottles in the fridge and take them with us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PR-Texas said:

We will have to check that also.  Our excursions are in NZ and my understanding is the only beverage you can bring off the ship is commercially bottled water.  Hopefully they will allow our prepackaged peanuts, trail mix, etc.

My understanding is that in NZ that the prepackaged stuff will probably NOT be allowed. But, haven't actually been there, I can't say yes or no. I just know NZ has some very strict agriculture rules.

On Emerald last week they had a table set up at every port with cold bottled water and they did scan your medallion. IC also had bottled water ready when people picked up a morning coffee and added a bottled water to take with them. That is what we did except for the 10am docking. We picked it up at the table on deck 6 before we walked down the stairs to get off. Bottled water seemed to be easy to pickup everywhere.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, billco said:

Pre-cruise exclusive

Thanks, but we'd prefer not to pay extra for something already included in the charges for Plus/Premier because we will have one of those packages. Also, I find that when we are rushing out for an excursion, I often leave the waters behind for whatever reason (and sometimes also sunglasses, pocket fans, tissues, you name it... lol). That's why having it at the queue is such a nice benefit for us.

9 hours ago, HotRoot said:

We were there this Spring.  Prepackaged is ok as long as the package has not been opened.

I'm taking single serve packages of snacks. So they will be unopened until we eat them.  I'll take an opened bag of my favorite trail mix on the plane from DFW to SYD but what I don't eat will probably end up in the trash.  I definitely won't try to sneak anything in.

11 hours ago, HotRoot said:

But if you have Plus or Premier, you can just order from room service at no charge.  

It’s nice to have a 12 pack sitting on the desk when we first enter the room. It only costs $7.08. I’m not about to order a bottle of water from room service. Then again, I am possibly out of touch since we seldom go on excursions.

Edited by billco

11 hours ago, billco said:

It’s nice to have a 12 pack sitting on the desk when we first enter the room. It only costs $7.08. I’m not about to order a bottle of water from room service. Then again, I am possibly out of touch since we seldom go on excursions.

We board the ship and have lunch.  When cabins are ready, we stop at a bar and pick up a couple bottles of cold water.  Then we go to our cabin.  We then place a room service order for more water, soda, red bull, and a welcome aboard drink.  We watch the muster drill on TV.  Hopefully the luggage shows up and I enjoy my drink while I unpack.

We do leave the ship at ports.  I have my day bag which I add a bottle of water before I leave the cabin.

8 minutes ago, sherryf said:

I just bring my personal water bottle and fill it from the tap.  The water on board is great, and no plastic waste!

We used to do that but learned on cruise critic they add sodium to the water.  We stopped drinking ship's water and only drink bottled water and have no problems with swelling.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

We used to do that but learned on cruise critic they add sodium to the water.  We stopped drinking ship's water and only drink bottled water and have no problems with swelling.

Same here. Someone on the ship informed us that they can't filter out all the sodium and after that we stopped drinking the tap and we definitely saw a difference in swelling. I ALWAYS filled my own bottle because we never bought the drink package and plastic waste stresses me out a little bit, and now we do have premier or plus , whatever its called, but DH is low sodium now so not gonna risk it. 

18 hours ago, billco said:

We feel the same way. We always order at least 1 . Last TA we ordered 2 and just gave our leftover to our steward. 

8 hours ago, HotRoot said:

The water is desalinated sea water.  I can't imagine why they would ADD salt back into it.  I have never had problems with swelling on a cruise.  Most swelling is usually caused by the salt in the FOOD, not the water.

10 minutes ago, sherryf said:

The water is desalinated sea water.  I can't imagine why they would ADD salt back into it.  I have never had problems with swelling on a cruise.  Most swelling is usually caused by the salt in the FOOD, not the water.

You are very fortunate to not have swelling on a cruise.  I am very salt sensitive and request a low sodium diet (Nothing will get rid of all salt in your diet).  But I still had swollen ankles (sometime very bad).  I, too, quit drinking ship's water, except when I forget to bring my own bottled water into the MDR.  

If they didn't add "something" back to the water, then it would be more like distilled with no flavor at all.  I do not recall the specifics but at one of the officer's talks, he mentioned all about the desalination process.  How pure the water is.  But did add to the water to make it more like drinking water.

I am sure someone will chime in with the official process. 

8 hours ago, sherryf said:

We have always ordered low sodium food the day prior.  But we still had problems with swelling.  We went to only bottled water and the swelling stopped.  Last cruise we did NOT preorder low sodium food but still only drank bottled water.  We did not have any swelling.  You are lucky you do not have to deal with a sodium problem.

8 hours ago, sherryf said:

Some folks are more sensitive to added sodium, my husband is and we stopped using table salt on the cruise his swelling has lessened. He only drinks soda and juice. I drink gallons of water so the package is great for me but I also have my Brita bottle with a filter. Since I started using this and bottled my legs haven't been swelling. Your lucky swelling can be painful.