Dining room dress code

DB2VA

Just now, Denny01 said:

Now we can get into a discussion on what is a ‘critical rule’!

Dress code? I dont really look through the dining crowd in order to judge, but I also dont really enjoy the guy walking in wearing his ‘dress’ shorts - yeah, right. But not a biggie, just reflects on him…..and 99% of these dress posts focus on us guys - mainly because so many of us guys never got beyond our teen years. Helps me identify who is someone I’ll not get into any discussions with. 

But then there is the sneaking booze. Biggie? Yup, to the Line trying to make a buck, and to us who dont want to pay higher costs because some couple just cant keep from cheating.

Or my favorite for women: i cant live if someone saw one wrinkle in my outfit so I sneak my iron - what harm is that. Being an old Navyman and having fought more than a few shipboard fires and lost more mattes to them than combat, that is a Critical Rule. But there are many who ignore it. 

And many others that drive each of us crazy - or we come up with some excuse to ignore.

Thought Id add these so we can get 100+ more posts!!

Den

So everyone has different things they think are important?  

Just now, zitsky said:

So everyone has different things they think are important?  

No, Only what I say is Critical!!

Obviously. But in truth, what the Line sets as rules, especially ones They consider critical and go through our baggage and so on Is Critical. 

Do I care if someone brings booze on….nope. But the Line Does. 

Do I care if someone hogs the cherished lounges next to the pool - nope. I dont sunbathe for any length of time. But many do.

Do I care if someone hogs the exercise machine and I cant get to….NO!!! I go up the first day or so because I was truly planning on exercising throughout the cruise….and never go back..hehe. 

Do I care if someone shows up very late at our table then orders multiple dishes and extends the time we get to dessert - YES!!! Moved to another table over that one because the staff wouldn’t manage that couple. They were, as you’d expect, a bore also!

OK, enough. Ive done my job adding to the next 100 posts!!

Den

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, zitsky said:

About shoes… Hush Puppy makes many dress shoes and loafers that you can walk a mile in.  I have a pair.  I’ve bought them for 10-20 years.

I pack a pair of hush puppy type loafers for a cruise because I still check a bag but with age I can’t walk much with them anymore. I can make it to the MDR so I do wear them to dinner. I am trying to downsize to carry on and if successful I will only pack a pair of running shoe trainers and Teva sandals for the beach. Feet change as we get older. I used wear a ten. Now I wear size 11 half or 12. I walk a few miles every day but can only do it now with running shoes that I buy at Fleet Feet. They scanned my feet. I really can’t walk far in any shoes anymore but the running shoe trainers. They are not cheap sneakers. I have them in black and dark blue. They will be fine for the MDR. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

So the rule should be that you don’t have to follow the rules if *I* say you don’t?  How about we let the staff enforce the rules?  

About shoes… Hush Puppy makes many dress shoes and loafers that you can walk a mile in.  I have a pair.  I’ve bought them for 10-20 years.

What about platform shoes ...

5 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Obviously. But in truth, what the Line sets as rules, especially ones They consider critical and go through our baggage and so on Is Critical. 

Do I care if someone hogs the cherished lounges next to the pool - nope. I dont sunbathe for any length of time. But many do.

Do I care if someone hogs the exercise machine and I cant get to….NO!!! I go up the first day or so because I was truly planning on exercising throughout the cruise….and never go back..hehe. 

Do I care if someone shows up very late at our table then orders multiple dishes and extends the time we get to dessert - YES!!! Moved to another table over that one because the staff wouldn’t manage that couple. They were, as you’d expect, a bore also!

Den

What category do the super high heels fall into.

I am talking about the high heels that are so tall that the person wearing them needs an assistant to walk.  This seems to be a thing in Beverly Hills ...

22 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I am talking about the high heels that are so tall that the person wearing them needs an assistant to walk.  This seems to be a thing in Beverly Hills ...

Wear your GO GO Boots and you'll look groovy. ✌️

Edited by doghog
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Den

Yikes!

2 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I gave up on them…..I couldn’t find any that matched my Tux! 

I thought a good set of 6” heels would be great, being 5’6 and 3/4ers (Im Very sensitive to ‘heights’), But just didnt work it.

At my last Dr Appt, the nurse measured my height and told me I was 5’5”.  I told her I was 5’6”+…she said “we tend to settle as we age”. I told her that was ridiculous and she should fix her measuring tape!!!

Den 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

I thought a good set of 6” heels would be great, being 5’6 and 3/4ers (Im Very sensitive to ‘heights’), But just didnt work it.

At my last Dr Appt, the nurse measured my height and told me I was 5’5”.  I told her I was 5’6”+…she said “we tend to settle as we age”. I told her that was ridiculous and she should fix her measuring tape!!!

Den 

This place could made them for you 😁

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

This place could made them for you 😁

I know this sounds like a set up, but TCM just played ‘Tootsie’!! I forgot how funny it was…..and perfect timing for this set of posts.

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Not  Safe For Walking  🙂   but I like the way you think.. 

That is why they bring a walking assistant along (wingwoman?).  

But it would be even more entertaining watching them try to walk on a rock and rolling ship vs.  having a tough time walking on stable ground.

There were also quite a few purse dogs at the hotel/restaurant.  😁 

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Den 

True - we all lose height as age. Sorry.