July 1 changes implemented for dining and fare display

negn

Posted (edited)

Up and running? Oh, you mean pricing… of course! 😆

I don’t show any of my cruises available yet to book dining.  2024-2026.

Maybe try again later today.  

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

Neither of my cruises for 2025 show any dining times available to select on the APP.  I don't even see any changes to the APP in the dining feature, which I was sorta expecting the APP to update to show Traditional Dining and Reservable Dining options.

Well, since I (Platinum cruiser) or my TA have yet to receive any of the emails from Princess on this dining change, I'm not surprised, but I am very frustrated and disappointed with this debacle.  

Maybe the new advertised rates are not ready for prime time.   Just did a mock reservation for a refreshment package, and it still shows “applicable tax and gratuity to be calculated in cart”

IMG_7129.jpeg.88a723537a987fc1d93db7eb590c4c38.jpeg

How can this comply with the law, which says that gratuity payments that are not voluntary must be included in the price?

IMG_7131.thumb.jpeg.818d1e048a5cf8e023da79aafaadfe65.jpeg

Posted (edited)

The app has been updated to Version 1.3.0. "We've added some new featuresYou can now make traditional dining reservationsf rom the app." 

Edited by billco
  • Haha 1

To be honest I'm not surprised. In my humble opinion Princess instead of stating 1st July should have staggered the need to book dining options for each ship depending on when the cruise started. Stating which dining rooms were available on each ship for Set dining (Early of late), Individual dates and times as per passenger requirements and walk in anytime. Currently App does not even say which restaurant is available for what type of dining.

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Maybe the new advertised rates are not ready for prime time.

Ignore my post.  I have cruises booked on both Princess and RCI, and thought this was an RCI thread.  For what it is worth, it looks like both lines are having problems.

49 minutes ago, billco said:

The app has been updated to Version 1.3.0. "We've added some new featuresYou can now make traditional dining reservationsf rom the app." 

Just upgraded APP to 1.3.0 and there is nothing different in the dining feature.  Still shows NO RESULTS FOUND for MAIN dining filter regardless of what day or time I select.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, napunani said:

Just upgraded APP to 1.3.0 and there is nothing different in the dining feature.  Still shows NO RESULTS FOUND for MAIN dining filter regardless of what day or time I select.

Try not making a selection for the time and see what you get.

17 minutes ago, hokiefans said:

Same results.."NO RESULTS FOUND".  What did you get?

33 minutes ago, napunani said:

Same results.."NO RESULTS FOUND".  What did you get?

I got timeslots for 2 people, Deck 7, at 5pm then 6:40pm.  This is for a September 14th departure on the Sun.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, hokiefans said:

I would think people would need to choose between traditional and anytime first. Once that, then reserve your anytime dining. And that choice isn't even available

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hokiefans said:

I got timeslots for 2 people, Deck 7, at 5pm then 6:40pm.  This is for a September 14th departure on the Sun.

The Sun Princess was not part of these dining changes that everyone is waiting for.  The Sun already had the three dining rooms with traditional, reservations and walk ins.  You should have been able to book dining for the Sun all along, although some people experienced problems. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I'm just going to assume that once again, Princess simply can't execute at a minimum level of competence because it's July 1 and we can't make reservations. 

Edited by dns65

The same company has been working on the medallion app for 7 years....I figure they may have it right in about another 7 years 🤣

• Haha 1

Was just taking a look at the new pricing structure with mock bookings. Its really weird. MY booked TA was $140 port fees and now is listed at $58 taxes.  Another cruise . My Jan cruise,  was listed with $153 in fees and now shows $72.  The only thing I can think of is that port fees aren't listed separately anymore and its only taxes? And yet another was $140 and not its $145.94

Anyone understand what the new rates are supposed to itemize?

The update 5 hours ago…means they are working on it?

Version History

Version 1.3.0

5h ago

We've added some new features.

You can now make traditional dining reservations from the app.

We are continuously monitoring your feedback and releasing updates. To ensure you have the latest features and improvements, please turn on automatic app updates in your settings.

Maybe it’s a rolling update?  Would like to know how it’s going to roll!  😆

Seriously, it would be nice to know if it’s by date and ship. 

So I can't add for my cruise as it says it is not paid in full and I'm not a Premier, or better, member.  No problems with that.  However, can someone tell me what the times are now for 'early' and 'late' seatings?  If it matters, this is for an Alaskan cruise next year. And is the showtime for 'late' seating before or after dinner? Based on Platters I've seen, it is after. Thank you!

If you look at the 3rd/4th pax free promo, it lists the pricing for the 3rd/4th pax as some amount for the fare and taxes separately as another amount. In the past, this amount was combined and only listed in the taxes/fees section. So they have now divided up the taxes alone as a separate item and the port fees are mixed in with the fare.

• Like 1

I just updated my app, if I try to reserve dining by using the Time, Date, etc. feature, it shows nothing available.  If I click on the Concerto Dining Room, I can make reservations for each night.  The Allegro Dining Room says, "Internal Server Error".  I'm guessing the Allegro will be for traditional dining and the Concerto for reservations.  This is for the Royal Princess.