Elite perks or Classic perks?

rgreenba

1 hour ago, rgreenba said:

If I am a Captains Club Elite member and my travel companion is a Classic Member, will they get Elite perks or Classic perks when we travel together? 

There are some ‘perks’ events that you will be able to have your classic member join, they will NOT be entitled to the daily Happy hour drinks since their cruise card will show Classic, nor get the 90 internet minutes.

9 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

They will get admission to any events you are invited to including drinks that are passed around and nothing else. No  happy hour drink , laundry , internet

They also would not be entitled to Elite breakfast. On my last 3 or 4 cruises they have asked for my card. The Elite breakfast can get busy. 

19 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

They also would not be entitled to Elite breakfast. On my last 3 or 4 cruises they have asked for my card. The Elite breakfast can get busy. 

I would think longer cruises would be busier for Elite breakfast eg TAs 

it also depend on the number of people with a drink package, when we had a drink package we wouldn’t  go to Elite breakfast 

on our next cruise , no drink package , so we will be there to get a cappuccino 😁

57 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I cruised with a non-Elite friend a couple of times pre-pandemic and spoke to the CC representative on board who confirmed that she was welcome to come to the breakfast and the Elite+ HH events as we were sharing a room. Has this changed since the restart?

35 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I would think longer cruises would be busier for Elite breakfast eg TAs 

it also depend on the number of people with a drink package, when we had a drink package we wouldn’t  go to Elite breakfast 

on our next cruise , no drink package , so we will be there to get a cappuccino 😁

On my recent April TA it was busy I think the passenger count on the Ascent was 3400 though ship didn't seem crowded.  If I arrived at Elite breakfast after 9 I waited a few minutes to be seated.  With the clocks going forward almost every day it was sometimes difficult to make it to the MDR by 9 so this worked out well for me. I rarely get the drink package and enjoy the mimosas there. Can't get the mimosa in the MDR. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruisegirlppp said:

I cruised with a non-Elite friend a couple of times pre-pandemic and spoke to the CC representative on board who confirmed that she was welcome to come to the breakfast and the Elite+ HH events as we were sharing a room. Has this changed since the restart?

Its up to the CC host. I cruised post pandemic on the Edge in January 2022 with 670 on-board and my sister who didn't even share my cabin was welcome to attend the Elite breakfast. Never saw more than 4 or 5 people there. Yes they are more strict now with ships at full capacity 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

On my recent April TA it was busy I think the passenger count on the Ascent was 3400 though ship didn't seem crowded.  If I arrived at Elite breakfast after 9 I waited a few minutes to be seated.  With the clocks going forward almost every day it was sometimes difficult to make it to the MDR by 9 so this worked out well for me. I rarely get the drink package and enjoy the mimosas there. Can't get the mimosa in the MDR. 

On E class ships Elite breakfast is now held at Bistro on 5. Handy for me at I always go with a specialty coffee from Cafe El Bacio. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

if they share your cabin they are invited . Their card gets changed to say Elite which gets admission to 'events'

3 hours ago, gold1953 said:

if they share your cabin they are invited . Their card gets changed to say Elite which gets admission to 'events'

That's very odd as then they would get free HH drinks a bag of free laundry and wifi minutes. I've shared a cabin in the past with my sister also a friend and their card did not say Elite. 

I’m very interested in these replies. I’m Elite plus but since bring widowed am travelling on Millenium in September. My roommate is a cruise virgin. We have the Classic drinks package so are not interested in the HH. However, I would love to go to the Elite breakfast with her some days. I had planned to ask the CC host on boarding. I don’t imagine there will be too many Elites and up on a Japan cruise but I may be surprised. 

20 minutes ago, cinnamon said:

I’m very interested in these replies. I’m Elite plus but since bring widowed am travelling on Millenium in September. My roommate is a cruise virgin. We have the Classic drinks package so are not interested in the HH. However, I would love to go to the Elite breakfast with her some days. I had planned to ask the CC host on boarding. I don’t imagine there will be too many Elites and up on a Japan cruise but I may be surprised. 

If the CC host let's her go with you then that's fine but on many cruises they have a lot of Elite and E plus guests can be several hundred onboard and they cannot possibly accommodate all nor should they.  I know on my transatlantic there were over 1200 in that category. 

42 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

If the CC host let's her go with you then that's fine but on many cruises they have a lot of Elite and E plus guests can be several hundred onboard and they cannot possibly accommodate all nor should they.  I know on my transatlantic there were over 1200 in that category. 

I’m aware of this, which is why I said I would ask. He or she will know how many are due onboard and can only say no. In which case, so be it. 
I’ve been on Transatlantics and know what they’re like. A cruise out of Japan may be very different….. or it may not. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cinnamon said:

Since covid we had 3 cruises (2 on the Edge & other on the Apex). 2 were trans-Atlantic.All 3 never got overwhelming crowded for the Elite breakfast. Last Apex cruise, just this past May, 1600 of the passengers were Elite of higher. The Tuscan dining had plenty of seating, usually went around 830a. After the first day they were very lax on checking cards. Just talk with the hostess and explain, I will bet they will let your roommate in. 

I did like the Edge set-up better. Edge was buffet were as the Apex you selected off a menu.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, drakes2 said:

That's very odd as then they would get free HH drinks a bag of free laundry and wifi minutes. I've shared a cabin in the past with my sister also a friend and their card did not say Elite. 

they did this for my daughter . The card said elite but if scanned no perks were attached to it. It was changed on day one by the CC host so she could enter events with me without all the questioning and explaining. Just a word on a card

• Thanks 1