What model of Reidel wine glass does Celebrity use

I was just wondering what Model of wine glass does Celebrity use?  There are about 5 or 6 different models and then for each model a new submodel for each class of wine.  For instance the Reidel XL has glasses for Cab, Pinot, etc.  So which ones does Celebrity use?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I was just wondering what Model of wine glass does Celebrity use?  There are about 5 or 6 different models and then for each model a new submodel for each class of wine.  For instance the Reidel XL has glasses for Cab, Pinot, etc.  So which ones does Celebrity use?

I am not 100% certain but most of the red wines seem to be served in a Cabernet glass. My wife gets her white served in a Chardonnay glass.  

• Like 1

we ve noticed the last few years the Reidel seem to be non generic glasses  white or red wine glasses.  as example,  Not varietal specific. Ironically I had a chardonnay in a non varietal specific white wine glass, more like Sauvignon Blanc glass.   If you do the Reidel class, then you probably will have varietal specific, but as to what style 🤷‍♀️

It’s been a while but Luminae often uses a Pinot Noir glass for most reds. Similar to Riedel’s Veloce line. The generic red glasses are more Bordeaux style and the whites often what Riedel sells as a Riesling glass. Riedel has a separate product line for hospitality so it’s unlikely you can buy a one to one match

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paulh84 said:

It’s been a while but Luminae often uses a Pinot Noir glass for most reds. Similar to Riedel’s Veloce line. The generic red glasses are more Bordeaux style and the whites often what Riedel sells as a Riesling glass. Riedel has a separate product line for hospitality so it’s unlikely you can buy a one to one match

Thank you, Paul! ☺️

The quality is bar grade.  They don’t serve the drinks in the expensive grade.  That would be cost prohibited for many reasons such as thief, breakage, and hand wash.  

I was at a high end boutique wine store and there were Reidel glasses in a barrel.   They were about $4.   I asked about them being so cheap and also about just  laying in a wine barrel.   I was told that they are bar quality and it was to display that they can take a little abuse. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 2

7 hours ago, riredsox said:

When you take the class you get the Vinum series.  Bordeux, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc and a Chardonnay.   

The last class I took onboard was in 2014 and have broken 2 glasses. Thinking of taking it again for another set. Do they still give them for you to take off the ship or do you order online? 

when we did the Reidel class, it was 1 price for just the class and another to get the glasses.  Shall be interesting to see if that has changed

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

The last class I took onboard was in 2014 and have broken 2 glasses. Thinking of taking it again for another set. Do they still give them for you to take off the ship or do you order online? 

Not sure if they still have a sales relationship with Riedel

24 minutes ago, celebrity cruiser said:

Our 2 upcoming cruises do not show any wine tastings with any mention of Riedel glasses.  There is a Premium Wine tasting at $158.99 pp with our 20% Loyalty discount not mention of Riedel.

28 minutes ago, celebrity cruiser said:

I haven't seen anything offered in my last 3 cruises. 

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Our 2 upcoming cruises do not show any wine tastings with any mention of Riedel glasses.  There is a Premium Wine tasting at $158.99 pp with our 20% Loyalty discount not mention of Riedel.

I was invited to a private wine and food pairing on my Ascent TA in April this year it was put on by the jewelry store onboard.   All the wines tasted were premium and above. One of the best I've ever had. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I haven't seen anything offered in my last 3 cruises. 

Agree. it isnt often we ve seen Reidel workshop offered. . Been ages. but we have one offered on upcoming cruise

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jelayne said:

What does such a tasting include?  Do you get any Napa estate cabs?  

Quite a bit more than a Napa tasting without the tour of the castle,  wine making apparatus, vineyards, etc....

Edited by NMTraveller

Posted (edited)

Its showing on both my December cruises, Reflection 12-1....Apex 12-7  Its under drinks on my cruise planner.  Did it years ago, and I have all the wine glasses I need at this point, but it was a fun event. Interesting just just noticed that there is 2 different ones.  image.thumb.png.842b8bfabd76ee9dd75d102f06373bf7.png

image.thumb.png.4fb13eebd033d3edc8e5dfce8f6554b2.png

Edited by bikerunner

17 hours ago, celebrity cruiser said:

Google Reidel Vinum.  You can buy replacements. 

18 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Probably a lot cheaper to buy them at Winners 😉😁

1 hour ago, celebrity cruiser said:

Can I ask which upcoming cruise and how you found out about it?

doing Bermuda soon and it showed up on shore excursions/onboard packages

42 minutes ago, celebrity cruiser said:

Just checked too and it is on our bermuda planner

until we did this class, I did not believe the glass shape made a difference.  Tried the experiment on our son with same wine in two different wine glasses. He was convinced I switched wines. haha