The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday July 13th, 2024

20 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I’m watching ABC News, they are reporting he is ok and is thanking law enforcement. Biden has been briefed about the incident.

The world is a scary place. 

Thank goodness; scary indeed.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

The new thread re Volendam is now closed, too. Maybe now he'll let it go. I am - it's BBQ time 🍖🍽️

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/3018429-why-would-a-topic-be-closed-to-further-replies-after-one-day-on-cruise-critic/?do=findComment&comment=67642368

Was that a third thread by the same person?  Apparently it has been deleted since it was a clear violation of the guidelines question why an action was taken.

Roy

• Like 5

I keep my politics to myself.  I wish no harm on any human.  We are in a very fragile state here in our country.

Thank heavens I have the Daily to escape all the madness!  Retiring to a cruise ship if only I could afford it!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Was that a third thread by the same person?  Apparently it has been deleted since it was a clear violation of the guidelines question why an action was taken.

Roy

Not the original OP - it was a person who had been following. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good evening.

I have not read the posts.  I have not been feeling well and do appreciate your prayers for us.  We are doing as well as we can.

I have a virtual appointment with the ortho Doc on Wednesday

I will try to post tomorrow with more details.

Terri

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Joy @Seasick Sailor I hope your stepson has a very mild case of Covid. 🙏🏻Yes, it’s still out there. 

We had bad news a couple hours ago. DS texted that Ren was injured in today’s game in Mexico City. He was on the way to the hospital. The head coach of the FC Dallas professional team called Ren on the way to the hospital which is very nice of him to be so concerned with the 17 year old youth academy players. DS says this was caused by a bad tackle. Intentional probably. The soccer bloggers have been commenting on his speed and I’m sure that frustrates the opposing teams. Last word is he has to take time off for 4 weeks which will be easier right now since they are getting a month off as this tournament was the end of the season. Then PT for a month. He will not need surgery. The FC Dallas team doctors got the X-rays immediately and declared it a clean break so just a sling. Thank goodness!!  I hope he can enjoy some time at home with his friends in Michigan while he heals. Please say a little prayer he heals well. 🙏🏻

Sorry to hear about Ren. The end of the season and a clean break is the I guess the best of a bad situation.

Susan

• Like 9

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Joy @Seasick Sailor I hope your stepson has a very mild case of Covid. 🙏🏻Yes, it’s still out there. 

We had bad news a couple hours ago. DS texted that Ren was injured in today’s game in Mexico City. He was on the way to the hospital. The head coach of the FC Dallas professional team called Ren on the way to the hospital which is very nice of him to be so concerned with the 17 year old youth academy players. DS says this was caused by a bad tackle. Intentional probably. The soccer bloggers have been commenting on his speed and I’m sure that frustrates the opposing teams. Last word is he has to take time off for 4 weeks which will be easier right now since they are getting a month off as this tournament was the end of the season. Then PT for a month. He will not need surgery. The FC Dallas team doctors got the X-rays immediately and declared it a clean break so just a sling. Thank goodness!!  I hope he can enjoy some time at home with his friends in Michigan while he heals. Please say a little prayer he heals well. 🙏🏻

Sandi, I'm sorry Ren was hurt.  With a clean break and being young, he should heal quickly.

5 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

IMG_2546.jpeg

IMG_2547.jpeg

Maureen, yhanks for the pictures of the lovely flowers.

4 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good sunny and warm evening. Tomorrow is supposed to be around 93 and humid.

DB had a phone call from Shirl this morning and she’s back to being upset with her son. She said that he’s been taking money again and won’t tell her what it is for, also no food in the apartment and she has been getting calls from people that her house is up for sale. She’s afraid he’s going to have her committed. DB tried to reassure her that it wasn’t true  My DB spoke to her son and he said he is going to stay with her.

Have a good night 

That is too bad that Shirl has reverted to distrusting her son.

Lenda 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Sandi @StLouisCruisers, oh no on Ren’s injury. I hope he heals quickly and is back to playing soon. 

Annie @marshhawk, thinking about you and hoping that you are okay. You have had a rough few days, I’m sure you are stressed. Bless you for all you do for your DH, the kitty’s, and others—so just make sure you are taking care of yourself too. 

• Like 8

10 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Prayers 🙏 for Ren.

I'm sorry to hear about his injury Sandi.

• Like 5